It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology of History: WWII The True Story of Survival Warfare and Leadership

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for posting my thread up there and the words.

I have always tried my most to avoid violence, it has not been easy either.

reply to post by TheMythLives

Trust me, you would not have wanted my life.

I tell and re-tell my life as I see it necessary to help people through difficult times.

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I have lived as peaceful a life as possible, and it is not always easy.

Sometimes, the adrenaline pushes me to the limit, but I always seem able to pull back from the edge of oblivion.

I have had many incidents where people would have supported me if I had a violent outburst, or resorted to violence of some kind, and they always remark they do not understand why I did not get violent.

I tell them, it is not worth losing my honor, for someone else's ignorance.

For instance, a friend told me a group of people were surprised I did not act like the barbaric Ghengis Khan, but instead acted like Gandhi, and that is because I knew I was being lead into a trap.

Never let someone else provoke you into a violent act, it will only get you hung by your neck.

This particular group of people were not very smart either.

I cannot stand one person trying to manipulate me, and I will not fall prey to a group of people doing the same exact thing, that is only ignorance magnified.

I call people like that group, mindless barbarians, as they only seek out violence and mayhem.

I am above that kind of apekind thinking.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
here is some more info on the bielski brothers:

The Bielski Brothers: The True Story of Three Men Who Defied the Nazis, Built a Village in the Forest, and Saved 1,200 Jews~ By: Peter Duffy

Which is an amazing book! You can buy it here: The Bielski Brothers

Defiance: The Bielski Partisans~ By: Nechama Tec

You can buy the book here:

Defiance

And this is the best website for the bielski's:

Its run by Tuvia's daughter who is working on a documentary about her dad. I think you may enjoy it:

In Our Hands

Please send her kind words and support. I am sure she could use all the good graces and support that you can offer

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's a documentary done and the Bielski efforts and the Jews who were slaughtered:

Absolutely fantastic, you get first hand account from Aron Bielski, Tuvia, and Zus themselves. The main story is about Tuvia and his leadership. As well as their family, sons, daughters, cousins and friends. Its truely a fantastic story and an excellent documentary.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Bumping a very interesting and important thread to me, I hope you guys/gals enjoy it
Here's an excellent wesbite concerning this:

Inspiration (View the full article here)

During his life and now in death, Tuvia Bielski was many things to many people: a courageous and resourceful leader who helped save more than 1,200 Jews from falling into the hands of the Nazis; a humble man whose monumental achievements have inspired at least two books and the new feature film "Defiance," starring Daniel Craig.
But for many years, Sharon Rennert knew Bielski by a simple, affectionate moniker: "grandfather."
"On a person-to-person level, he was just a very loving, emotional man," says Rennert, 43, a television editor in Los Angeles who is making a documentary film about her grandfather, the remarkable survival mission he engineered and its enduring effect on her family and the families of those whom Bielski and his brothers spared from almost certain annihilation.
Relatives recall that Bielski used to say, "I'll be famous when I'm dead." His words were prophetic. Since he passed away in 1987, his story has spread around the world. Underscoring the growing interest, last year the Florida Holocaust Museum in St. Petersburg opened an exhibition, "Courage and Compassion: The Legacy of the Bielski Brothers," that will continue showing through February.
That process surely will accelerate with this month's nationwide release of director Ed Zwick's "Defiance," starring Craig, the latest James Bond, as Tuvia, and Liev Schreiber as his pugnacious brother Zus.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I feel with my heart and think with my brain .

from my heart I say that I agree .

from my mind I would qualifie and define with greater care .

guides and path finders lead for they know the path and pits , dangers and falling stones .
guide's do not carry people on there backs ... but show the right way with a knowing of a path taken befor .

they have a confidance of success , from a personal history of success .

self confidance is from with in , a personal history of success .

with self success comes the beleif of others in the ablity of one person to succeed , they esteem the person of success , and with the esteem granted by other , aquire self esteem

self esteem is granted by others , from self confidance .

leadership is a tricky thing , you do not hear about the leader who got himself and his band distroy'd because of errors in judgement , confidance , or reaching for greater than his grasp .

calm , self control ... I beleave is greater than leadership.

humble enought to know , I know my talents are needed now ! I lead for this path , get out of my way and follow me!

then when the path ends... says with great sureness.. " I am now done , find your self a leader , for I am not it... I have not a clue what to do next ! "

great leaders are made , this is true also.... made in the time of crisis ... poor souls that know , " I have not a clue , but that guy over there does know , or the talent for making shoes is that man , and we need shoes now... "

to often it is not who the man is , but how well he lisens , and can tell the frauds of others from the true skills they have

top topics

<< 1   >>

join