It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani to Obama - Here's the lesson: Shut up (on Fox News)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Rudy Giuliani, who has returned as a leading Republican spokesman, condemned Obama's health care plan in an interview with Sean Hannity.

He also offered, in response to the president's hope that the Gates arrest would be a "teachable moment," this:

"He's actually right. It is teachable. Here's the lesson: Shut up."

Video here:
www.politico.com...

Wow Rudi grew a sac

Doesn't mean I like him though. He's as bad as the rest.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ironically, I believe he will wish he had himself. The entire episode is fantastic humor material. Giuliani lecturing Obama on cordiality, but is unable to contain his own angst.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
wow it's a girl fight. we all know how interesting those can be. let's see which one leaves with the most hair.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Obama is at fault with all this and Obama never apologized.
He just tried to push it off onto Gates and Crowley.
He tried to make himself look like a kindergarden teacher.
And the news is now forgetting Obama's racist remarks.
It was all pretty damn pathetic. :shk:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Rudy Giuliani, who has returned as a leading Republican spokesman, condemned Obama's health care plan in an interview with Sean Hannity.

He also offered, in response to the president's hope that the Gates arrest would be a "teachable moment," this:

"He's actually right. It is teachable. Here's the lesson: Shut up."

Video here:
www.politico.com...

Wow Rudi grew a sac

Doesn't mean I like him though. He's as bad as the rest.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by warrenb]

yeah, this man has alot of cred...a guy that cheats on his wife, and loves to cross-dress in womens clothing...i guess that is what you call a republican leader.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What racist remarks? What exactly did Obama say that was racist? Given that there were black officers at the scene, please tell me where in his statement he said anything racial?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Well, I should say at the outset that Skip Gates is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts. What's been reported, though, is that the guy forgot his keys. He jimmied his way to get into the house. There was a report called into the police station that there might be a burglary taking place. so far so good. Right? I mean, if I was trying to jigger in -- well, I guess this is my house now so it probably wouldn't happen. Let's say my old house in Chicago. here I'd get shot. But so far so good. They're reporting, the police are doing what they should. There's a call. They go investigate what happens. My understanding is at that point Professor Gates is already in his house. The police officer comes in. I'm sure there's some exchange of words but my understanding is that Professor Gates then shows his I.D. to show that this is his house. And at that point he gets arrested for disorderly conduct, charges which are later dropped. Now, I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts what role race played in that, but I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry. Number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. And that's just a fact.

As you know, Lynn, when I was in the state legislature in Illinois we worked on a racial profiling bill because there was indisputable evidence that blacks and hispanics were being stopped disproportionately. And that is a sign, an example of how, you know, race remains a factor in this society. That doesn't lessen the incredible progress that has been made. I am standing here as testimony to the progress that's been made. And yet, the fact of the matter is that, you know, this still haunts us. And even when there are honest misunderstandings, the fact that blacks and hispanics are picked up more frequently and often time for no cause cast suspicion even when there is good cause, and that's why I think the more that we're working with local law enforcement to improve policing techniques so that we're eliminating potential bias, the safer everybody's going to be.

There is the whole comment not taken out of context by fox news. Please read it and please tell me where he was being racist?

Should Obama have dodged the question? Hell yea he should have dodged the question like a Iraqi thrown shoe! He should have left it at this...

"I don't know all the facts."

But foot in mouth disease gets us all sometimes.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Obama could fart and people would moan that he didn't hit the right note...i don't like him but it seems on the one hand there are people who think he can do no wrong.And one the other people who think he can do nothing right...going to be a long four years on ATS!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
im 24 but i dont really recall any other presidents stepping in a situation between civilians and law enforcement..and i would think all these mothers and fathers who have lost their children to psycopaths and murderers (which frequents news way more often than racial issues) might want their president to say a word or two about that...maybe invite them over for a beer
. anyway to me since Obama is only bringing this up about race..i mean if the cop would have done that to a white ivy league college professor i dont really think our president would have a sit down to discuss that...then i only think he's bringing it up because he is black..and if so doesnt that make him just as racist as any other so called racist?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
There is an enormous difference between making a racial comment and being racist. We've all heard what was said, so what on earth is left to discuss here?

The topic involves Giuliani's arrogant comment, not random stereotypes against Obama's response to the case. Personally, I believe everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even Giuliani. Though I'll admit I've often wished for Giuliani to do just what he has reccomended for Obama: Shut up. It seems to me that he frequently tries to 'abuse power' that he's never really had.

Stepladder effect?

Cheers,
Strype

(Edit: I predict Giuliani running for republican president within the next 8 years, unless the puppetmasters determine his name has already been tarnished.)

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Strype]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The topic involves Giuliani's arrogant comment, not random stereotypes against Obama's response to the case

your right, should have stuck 2 topic there..anyway i agree i dont really get giuliani thinking he has the right to say anything, i think he is just going along with public opinion, am i stereotyping again??

new topics

top topics

join