It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Trails: Are we being sprayed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

That's why contrails don't show up on water vapor satellite images.

Now where and when did you decide to make that BS up?

Contrails are just clouds, formed artificially, at first. Ice crystals, because of the altitude and manner in which they are formed.

Here:

Cirrus clouds generally refer to atmospheric clouds that are characterized by thin, wisplike strands, often accompanied by tufts, leading to their common (non-standard) name of mare's tail. Sometimes these clouds are so extensive that they are virtually indistinguishable from one another, forming a sheet of cirrus called cirrostratus.

Sometimes convection at high altitudes produces another form of cirrus called cirrocumulus, a pattern of small cloud tufts which include droplets of supercooled water.

The 'supercooled' water is usually a natural occurence. You can look that up for yourself!

Many cirrus clouds produce hair like filaments made of the heavier ice crystals that precipitate from them. These "fall streaks", a form of virga, often indicate the difference in the motion of air (wind shear) between the upper part of the cirrus cloud and the air below it. Sometimes the top of the cirrus cloud is moving rapidly above a slower layer of air, or the streak is falling into a faster moving lower layer. The directions of these winds can also vary...

Cirrus clouds

For more information, there are plenty of sources to study.

Learning will do you good! I hear it denies ignorance.

[edit on 1 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Okay, between Los Hombres above, I guess I'm beat, but wait..... Nope still don't believe 'em. Why?

How come when I'm out of the States, or what I consider absolutely NWO run countries do the jets NEVER have chemtrails?

Yes, I spend a lot of time in Central, and South America. Yes, they have a lot of jets over head. Yes, they have lots of rain; which should indicate humidity present in the air...commonly.

Why NEVER any Trails of any kind? NEVER!!

Weedwhacker you did 'suggest'/'imply' there being a difference in the older planes to the newer ones.......... You did imply that was the reason for the trails.

Also, with your last rebuttal now your saying that jets leave hydrocarbons, and that is the source, or in your words chemical trails.......... To me that implies that every jet should leave trails everywhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme

Good one. I get it now. They are intentionally polluting the skies, but don't worry, cause it's just water vapor.

That's why contrails don't show up on water vapor satellite images.

No.
Contrails are not water vapor. Contrails (and other cirrus clouds) are ice crystals so they don't appear in water vapor imagery. But they do appear in other infrared wavelengths and visible light imagery.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

You really haven't been paying attention. It requires a combination of temperature and humidity to produce contrails. In the tropics the temperatures at high altitudes are higher than they are in more temperate regions so the conditions for contrail formation are much less common.

I live in the tropics (yes, in the "States"). I do see contrails, but very rarely and only from aircraft that are very high. Once or twice a year is all, usually in the spring months.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Weedwhacker you did 'suggest'/'imply' there being a difference in the older planes to the newer ones.......... You did imply that was the reason for the trails.

Once again, with relish:

We see MORE contrails BECAUSE of the A) increased number of airplanes flying today and B) the nature of the engines means that they make them more frequently than the older straight turbo-jet types.

The old JT-8Ds installed on the B707, B727 and early B737, among others, made contrails TOO!!! You can even spot them, occasionally, in bad films...cheap 'spaghetti westerns', and even in a scene from the movie Patton.

Sorry your eyes rolled back into your head, did I get too technical? If you wanna know how jet engines actually work, there are plenty of videos available, not only the YT circus, but over at Googly too.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Yes, I spend a lot of time in Central, and South America. Yes, they have a lot of jets over head. Yes, they have lots of rain; which should indicate humidity present in the air...commonly.

I justr spent over 3 years in the tropics launching weather balloon, interpreting the data and observing weather for a proffesion.

The air is seldom cold enough, at plane crusing height in the tropics, even though the humidity may be high. Like we have said countless times before, you need humidity combined with a cold temperature combined with a low vapour pressure. All you need to do is look at a temperature trace from a weather balloon sounding to see if contrails will exist or not....although none of you chemtrailers seem to want to do that now, do you?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
To the three commentators above. The tropics you say??? Ah, yes now my "eyes are rolling back in my head", and a large sigh.

You do realize there is a thing called the "ring of fire"? From Mexico down to the horn is a ridge of mountains.

All the way down are the "highlands". Yes, you need a jacket in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia, Peru, etc........... The highlands do have some tropical fauna as the beaches are usually only an hour, and half drive. In the hour, and a half drive a person does something called descend. Usually from 60 degree weather to high humid 90's....or what ya'll think are the tropics..

Now Phaige I've heard a lot how smart you are. I'd figure you at the least wouldn't have made a comment such as comparing Florida to Latin America...... Maybe it was somekind of Racial biased? I hope not, because Most of Latin America has very little symblance of Florida.

Weedwhacker again, with my "eyse rolling back" you clearly are now stating that the aircraft of today do leave chemtrails.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What I "think" are the tropics is this.

tropics
The area between 23.5 degrees north and south of the equator. This region has small daily and seasonal changes in temperature, but great seasonal changes in precipitation.

Much of Mexico is not in the tropics.

Who said anything about Florida? And yes, I have to wear a jacket sometimes. I even have a fireplace in my house. It even snows on the highest mountains in the winter. But the fact remains that at 30,000 feet it is very seldom cold enough and humid enough to produce contrails.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Well technically what you described is not the tropics at all. So are you lying to prove your point or completely confused yourself about how the worlds weather zones work?

Also, its funny how you claim that only NWO run countries seem to see an abundance of contrails. NWO run countries are often thought to be the more developed, well built countries, meaning the amount of air travel is far greater than their less developed counterparts. So more air travel= more contrails...it doesnt take a genius to see that correlation

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Okay, somehow when I referred to America Central, someone else associated that with the tropics. I believe that was phaige; who lives in the "tropics", not Florida, but can see mountains from where he is at?

Airliners all fly above 30,000 feet. The ones I've been in with the LCD screen flight data displays show relatively similar numbers.................................That would be the ones I fly in when traveling, and I do that a lot. From many places to many places..

Now, I cannot tell you specifics about America Central place by place. They do have rainy seasons, but also have normal weather. Many of the major cities are in the higher elevations because it is cooler.

Surprisingly they are out of the stone age, and do have Jets, modern ones at that flying in, and out. No chemtrails ever present.... why?

I don't want to hear temperature..... It does freeze in the Highlands.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

For contrails to form temperatures have to be (generally speaking) below -35º C at the altitude of the aircraft. Does it get that cold in the highlands?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OMG!!!! Your so with it! Of course, the "highlands" don't reach that temp. Good catch. That would be sooooo cold.

I don't even understand where your coming from actually. Here:

At an average temperature of -56.5° Celsius, the top of the troposphere is reached. At the upper edge of the troposphere is a narrow transition zone known as the tropopause

I think that says that contrails can occur everywhere. It helps point out the difference. Contrails come, and go, and chemtrails stay. chemtrails=bad, contrails= not a problem

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I don't even understand...

That's more than obvious.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh c'mon grow up yourself. I've stated a legitimate 'sighting', or lack there of. You've got nothing to explain why NEVER have I seen any in that part of the world. You resort to insults?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

OMG!!!! Your so with it! Of course, the "highlands" don't reach that temp. Good catch. That would be sooooo cold.

I don't even understand where your coming from actually. Here:

At an average temperature of -56.5° Celsius, the top of the troposphere is reached. At the upper edge of the troposphere is a narrow transition zone known as the tropopause

I think that says that contrails can occur everywhere. It helps point out the difference. Contrails come, and go, and chemtrails stay. chemtrails=bad, contrails= not a problem

you totally missed the point of what Phage just said....and you dont even realise, lol

Obviously you dont have any experience or any knowledge of how the upper atmosphere works, in fact you dont even know how the process of sublimation at a low vapour pressure occurs.

I dont understand how someone could believe that a chemical sprayed at such a great height would fall gently to the ground, directly below where it was released, considering that wind speeds and directions vary phenomenally over 30 thousands feet. Its one of the reasons why we dont bother recovering the weather balloons we launch....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It is not an insult, it's a fact. It is obvious that you do not (or will not try to) understand that the conditions at the surface of the Earth have nothing to do with what causes contrails to form at miles above the surface.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why can the approximate times of chemtrails be observed, based off of rain? Not humid days alone, but days when weather fronts are moving in? I've encountered more than one person who's noticed around 3 to 4 days before it rains the planes are up there spraying.

I don't claim to understand everything, but why do the chemtrails not form everywhere? Why in years have they NEVER been in America Central?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Why can the approximate times of chemtrails be observed, based off of rain? Not humid days alone, but days when weather fronts are moving in? I've encountered more than one person who's noticed around 3 to 4 days before it rains the planes are up there spraying.

I don't claim to understand everything, but why do the chemtrails not form everywhere? Why in years have they NEVER been in America Central?

Rofl

You know why, because cirrus clouds are observed days before rain in advance, it a meterological fact..I just finished writing a thread about using clouds to forecast weather (timing is perfect). And yes, contrails are a good idication that the moisture in the upper atmosphere is moist, or increasing in moisture.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Der der der der der, U B smat!!!
I think I made it clear, but storm front/weather front won't have days of clouds before hand. Again, why the set number of days before hand?

Der, der der der der der, Oh, and why not comment re: why not in America Central for example............now before you say no planes, there are plenty. Same planes from the states.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Der der der der der, U B smat!!!
I think I made it clear, but storm front/weather front won't have days of clouds before hand. Again, why the set number of days before hand?

Again, I hate to say this...but Im kind of in a better position than you to comment on weather patterns. Like I said before, I actually work for the Australian Weather Bureau, so its my job to know how to weather works and why it works that way. The reason you have a few days before bad weather is because the earth balances itself out. For example, areas of high barmometric pressure, move to areas of low barometric pressure and vice versa. Its the same with cold and warm fronts. You have periods of fine days between them, or hours, depending on the speed of movement.

And yes, you have made it clear that you do not have the slightest idea on how the weather mechanism works on earth

Der, der der der der der, Oh, and why not comment re: why not in America Central for example............now before you say no planes, there are plenty. Same planes from the states.

We already answered that question:

1. Its warmer at the surface, meaning the temperature gradien as you ascend is less, meaning that the air aloft is typically warmer (will show you in a few minutes by gathering the weather balloon data)

2. There is less air traffic

3. If you are going to be condescending make sure, you have the correct information to back yourself up

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join