It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious cuts that appear overnight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My house has always been known to be creepy to anyone who's been here. My family all have their own weird unexplainable personal stories of things that they have seen at my house. That's cool and all but there's one thing that's been happening recently that I find really intriguing.

I only thought of making this thread one night after getting this cut above my elbow. I noticed it after I woke up. This was like 2 weeks ago, I wanted to make the thread that day but I kept putting it off, hehe.

img43.imageshack.us...

I have gotten many other smaller cuts before but this one was the weirdest. And it has happened to other people in my house in the day time though. I can't speak for them though, they might have swiped their arm on something but my cousin was right next to me one time and he pointed out "How did I get this?" or something. It was a fairly long and deep cut like the one in my picture, but it didn't have the weird shapes.

Some of you might think that I might be doing this to myself with my nails in my sleep... my nails are NEVER long. I always keep them clean and cut. I 'tried' to see if my nails could even cut myself and I couldn't leave a scratch. There is nothing around my bed that is sharp or fine enough to cause a cut like this. I've never been known to sleepwalk either.

edit: forgot to mention, before I went to sleep the night I got that cut I was very very stressed. That may or may not have something to do with it.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by free_form]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It almost looks like initials. If this is happening to you regularly you should start keeping a journal.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
ive encountered this too, i would wake up with very thin and long cut marks on random areas, very straight, very thin, but enough to cause a scab, for a while i thought maybe i was scratching in my sleep or something, however the cuts are so thin, there is no way a nail could do it, usually on arms, sometimes on face, anywhere from 1 to 2 inches

ive had some bizzare experiences growing up, nightmares, seeing things that are/were not there, so i wouldnt count anything out, but it is strange to see someone else have this

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You should set up some kind of video recorder while you're asleep and watch it after you have new cuts. You may be sleep walking. I think usually sleep walking is more frequent when someone is under stress.

Usually when I wake up with cuts, it's from my cat.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Doesn't look very deep. Do you have a pet or long toe nails? A feather quilt etc.?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm telling you, I get cuts too, mostly just one long one down my torso and almost down to the belly button.

I thought it was my cat you know, some sort of a payback for something..

But these last couple of weeks, my oldest son and wife has started getting small cuts and bruses that they know nothing about..

I take pictures next time, thats for sure.. :UP:

[edit on 31/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Doesn't look very deep. Do you have a pet or long toe nails? A feather quilt etc.?

Long toe nails? This was above my elbow, lol. I'm not that flexible. It's not super deep, but 2 weeks later it's still there, scarred.

There is nothing grabbable in the immediate vicinity of my bed. There are some pens in my room, but it's unlikely I sleepwalked over to them and cut myself. They could make a cut like this but I wouldn't be able to make straight lines like that. Plus there was no ink on my arm anyways, lol.

edit: Forgot to add, yeah I have pets. 2 small dogs. My door is closed when I sleep though. They're in a different room. They never come in here either way.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I woke up one morning and noticed a scabbed scratch on my lower back, far left side. That was years ago and I can still FEEL the scar - Had to have been a pretty good gash. I've tried to figure out what I did to myself but never did come up with anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by free_form

I have had that happen to me during a dream, there was a black panther Chimera standing in my bedroom door way, in the morning I had horrible scratches in my side.

It was during a time in my life that I was deep into researching the occult.

en.wikipedia.org...:Chimera_di_Arezzo.jpg

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i get scratches all the time and don't notice them, i think it's just that they're not that painful given how shallow they tend to be.

that's just me though, you guys are probably plagued by demons and poltergeist, i'ld have my bed exorcised immediately if i were you, this could get really bad, ever seen nightmare on elm street, scary stuff. .

[edit on 31/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
About the cuts, one explanation could be "demons," which are actually dark entities that live in 4D. They can interact w/ people here (throw things, cut people, even kill). I would pray for help from God & your spirit guides to keep them away. I would also suggest listening to high vibrational music (classical, etc), meditating, spending time in nature, doing stuff to raise your energy frequency.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Thoses scratches(barely even a scratch) on your arms scarred?

Video tape yourself and you will find that you sleep walk and are doing this to yourself.

or

Don't and assume something paranormal is happening to you.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is a story that reminds me of a long forgotten family story.

Upon waking for the morning, my aunt noticed some strange scratches on her left arm ( the arm that would be to the outside of her bed ) - it happened one time - then a few weeks later it happened again. She never actually felt the scratches up until one night about midnight - a month or 2 after the initial example, she felt a little pin like prick on her arm - she awoke to find her 4 year old daughter standing over her with a wood hook ( a wood working tool used to carve small patterns into wood ).

According to my aunt, my cousin still appeared to be sleeping and was saying - "mommy they said I had to - mommy they said I had to"

Now mind you I was VERY young when this happened ( My cousin and I are about the same age ) and this story was relayed to me by my mother many years after it happened. My aunt had passed away before my mother told me about it. My cousin has no memory of this. I was never able to find out who "they" were or how they made my cousin stop carving up her mommy.

Your story sparked a long forgotten memory in me and I wanted to share - I didnt mean to detract from your thread and I also have no answers for you, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

That's scary!!! whatever ended up happening, if you don't mind me asking????

And I wanted to add that I agree with some of the OP's about video taping yourself as you sleep. That might help.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Video tape yourself and you will find that you sleep walk and are doing this to yourself.

or

Yes, they did scar. It's definitely more than a scratch, and I'm not assuming it's paranormal; this doesn't happen all the time. BUT I've never EVER ever been seen sleepwalking. You don't know me irl so don't assume that you know what's up, mkay? When people sleep walk, they usually do they things they do while awake, such as washing their hands (when they're not even at the sink), eating imaginary food, etc. I don't cut myself though. Good day.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by Dorian Soran

That's scary!!! whatever ended up happening, if you don't mind me asking????

Like I said in my post - I was only told AFTER my aunt passed away and my mom never really found out what resolution was reached, and my cousin doesn't remember any of it - it all a mystery to us as well - I wish I could get to the bottom of it. I remember during our early 20's my cuz and I tried several things to figure out what happened but we never really did.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I suppose it might be related to abductions, but I would think there would be more evidence. One thing I've been noticing is a change in weight by more than 2 lbs during the night and that's regardless of going to the toilet.

www.chrononhotonthologos.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.scribd.com...

It may be related to reptilians, but I have my doubts. Even supposed aliens have been suggested to hide their agenda by illusions and memory loss. Be glad you aren't one of those that aren't found alive.

Scratches have been suggested as a way to collect DNA. Any other pains and symptoms like feeling; " drained" and over-tired?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot about this, but it may help you. There is a rare condition called Linear Planus. In some people an allergy can cause lines to form on the skin. The ones I get happen only on the inside of my mouth, but most people who have it, get them on their neck or arms. In my friend's case it was a reaction to Ibuprofen, in my case bleach. Mine errupt into lesions that don't heal for a really long time. Hers didn't ever cause her pain, but look really weird.

I forgot to mention that for a long time, I thought I was somehow cutting my mouth. That's why I bring it up. What you think are cuts, could be a skin condition.

I tried to find a picture to show you, but I got grossed out. If you look up pictures, you'll see that most people seem to get the bumpy non-linear kind. I don't know why. Mine is always a perfect line, not straight, but a line.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by AmethystSD]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
It may be related to reptilians, but I have my doubts. Even supposed aliens have been suggested to hide their agenda by illusions and memory loss.

Yeah, Repts were pretty much what I was referring to. There are things going on in difft dimensions that most people aren't aware of. It wouldn't hurt to just try to protect yourself just in case there's the remote possibility that you're being targeted by them for some reason. I'm just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_form

Originally posted by jd140

or

Yes, they did scar. It's definitely more than a scratch, and I'm not assuming it's paranormal; this doesn't happen all the time. BUT I've never EVER ever been seen sleepwalking. You don't know me irl so don't assume that you know what's up, mkay? When people sleep walk, they usually do they things they do while awake, such as washing their hands (when they're not even at the sink), eating imaginary food, etc. I don't cut myself though. Good day.

You post here so you obviously want our opinion and mine is that you sleep walk.

Apparently by your [SNIP] you don't want that opinion so I will change it to what you want to hear.

Here it is, hope this gets you a little more excited mkay?

It could be a demon or a ghost doing this. The marks on your arm that doesn't look like you did them yourself looks to be initials. If I was you I would study the history of your house and find out if anyone died violently inside.

If you find someone has then there is your problem and you need to find out why it is mad at you.

If it is a demon then I suggest an exorcism or just moving.

Hope this opinion fits what you wanted to hear a little better.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by TheBorg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join