It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economy is Recovering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think that the contraction is slowing. In that sense you could view it as an improvement.

However, it's going to be, at a minimum, several years before we can really say that we're past the bad years.

It could also just be false data.

Unemployment will continue to be an issue for at least the next couple of years.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by KarlG

Didn't think so.

It's not an Obama issue.. hell the guy has no idea whats going on, he knows jack about economics, he knows only what Goldman Sachs ... I mean, his economic advisers, tell him to say. Was the same way with Bush. And Clinton. And Bush. And so on.

I agree with you.

Can I just say, let's have an administration where the Treasury Secretary and economic advisers KNOW what they're doing?!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I think that the contraction is slowing. In that sense you could view it as an improvement.

However, it's going to be, at a minimum, several years before we can really say that we're past the bad years.

It could also just be false data.

Unemployment will continue to be an issue for at least the next couple of years.

I absolutely agree.

I could see where the federal reserve was coming from, with its spending policies, because generally government spending does help to improve the general state of the economy by stimulating firms and allowing for aggregate demand to grow.

But at the same time, the FOCUS of these spending policies was wrong. They should have focused on stimulating COMMUNITIES and using the money to stimulate JOBS more, rather than just bailing out loser companies and letting the money flow around in the economy AIMLESSLY.

And then, like you HAVE said, it could be false data released by the government to quell the uncomfortable masses.

But I'm not as paranoid as some people here, believing EVERYTHING the MSM says is wrong. How would anyone live life that way? In this world, there ARE people who love their jobs in the media and have some integrity, you know.

So, I'm gonna be hopeful.

I'm just your average, everyday hopeful misanthrope.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ywah sure the economy is recovering..obama is caintg jobs and sending them to china and asia. We send parts over thier, only to be swaet shop labored for minaml pennies a day and in some cases the workers beaten and heavily fined for bing 2 minutes lae to work...so it can be sent back to mainland USA, as cheap overpriced garbage or toxic for that matter, so as we are forced with minimul selection or choice to choose from basically, as we spend on outrages prices, so wallstreet can coolect, corporations gain priofts and get bailed out at taxpayers expense no less..so they can all have million dollar bonuses wit NO recognition for the employee, unless its an illegal immigrant..so they can keep going t the bank and buy things at our expense...
SURE its working
and lets see what happens in the next decade, when this all catches up to us again. SAVE yuor money!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am so glad America voted for Obama. I knew our economy would improve. How will right wingers deal with Obama and his success, they will not be able to handle America getting better.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Not only are we NOT recovering from any recession, we haven't even hit bottom yet, the dollar hasn't even collapsed yet. There is ONLY ONE indicator that is relevant when determining the state of the economy, and that is the bottom line! Are you in the RED .. or in the BLACK?

All this other stuff such as unemployment figures, or the stock market, or your 401k balance, means NOTHING when it comes to determining the status of the economy. Use your own family finances to understand this. Would you consider yourselves doing well if you and your spouse were both employed and earning $100K a year .. but you were $50 million in debt, and had no hope of ever being able to pay off all that debt?

Employment figures do not matter when determining the state of the economy. Heck, I've been unemployed since 1996, and I'm doing just fine, and it's because I have no debt and I've been living off my savings, I'm in the black. If I were deep in the red, it wouldn't matter if I was working or not, I'd be drowning in debt either way. It's the bottom line of our balance sheet that matters.

This nation has NEVER been so far in the RED, and it's getting worse every day, and THAT is the ONLY TRUE indicator of the overall status of our economy! Not until we are totally out of debt would I consider we're on our way to any recovery.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There's another thread (actually several) outlining some of the ideas and thoughts here. I'd like to add Karl Denninger's input. Karl appears to back up his claims with data and facts, something we can all benefit from. The MSM does paint a rosy picture and what's interesting is that Denninger actually confronts some of the MSM to no avail (they just cannot refute his findings):

GDP and debt

Given the staggering levels of consumer debt, rampant government spending and relatively high (and going higher) unemployment, does the MSM really serve as a bonafide source. Looks more like they are re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Just to add, here's a segment of Karl going after the MSM (Dennis Kneale) just so you can see the whitewashing live. Sorry can't link directly its not a youtube vid:

link market-ticker.denninger.net...

brill

[edit on 2-8-2009 by brill]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by KarlG

Didn't think so.

It's not an Obama issue.. hell the guy has no idea whats going on, he knows jack about economics, he knows only what Goldman Sachs ... I mean, his economic advisers, tell him to say. Was the same way with Bush. And Clinton. And Bush. And so on.

I agree with you.

Can I just say, let's have an administration where the Treasury Secretary and economic advisers KNOW what they're doing?!

They DO know what they’re doing. It’s just that what they are doing is intended to benefit their bankster bosses, and benefit the globalist agenda. Don’t you find the incompetence excuse to be wearing a bit thin?

Also, arguing within the false right-left paradigm shows a complete lack of deeper understanding. The republicRATS are just two sides of a globalist-banker coin that bought our government long ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join