It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town halls gone wild

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The media is just writing this off as RNC stunts, right wing extremists, homeland terrorists (comparing them to the Tiller murderer) and "Fox News viewers" (as if they had that much pull)...it's disgusting. The media says this is orchestrated, the MEDIA is orchestrated

[edit on 5-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, it is orchestrated, as a couple of posters have already pointed out.

They've even linked to the sites of the orchestrators, and quoted their instructions.

So in this case, the MSM is not entirely off base

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Orchestrated? Oh my! You mean the conservatives have actually learned something from the liberals, i.e. MoveOn.org?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
It's interesting to me that this is happening in a Democrat district. Something is underway in America despite the mainstream media's lack of reporting it. The American people aren't stupid and I think that come November 2010, Pelosi, Frank, Obama, and the gang are going to be very, very, unpleasently surprised.

Gerald Celente, CEO of "Trends Research," has never been wrong on a major prediction. Past examples include the fall of Communism/Berlin Wall, the 1987 stock market crash, the dotcom flameout, and the current major recession/depression. His most recent major prediction is the emergence of a viable third party as early as the 2012 elections.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

To right. It looks like the people are leaning toward getting back to basics. Promoting the restoration of Constitutional law would be a great start.
That would be a third party to get behind!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It amazes me the spin the media has put on this.

But you see, I did the SAME thing during the Bush era. We planned, orchestrated, whatever you want to call it.. our protests. And I was called a crazy liberal.

Unfortunately they are getting a taste of the same medicine I have had to swallow for years. I'm just glad they are speaking out.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Honestly, 400 people is nothing!
There were way more people morning Michael Jackson's death
There will be way more people wanting to see meagon fox's new horror movie
There will be way more people going to see the new G.I. Joe movie

Thinking of it that way, 400 is absolutely nothing!

Yeah, but those moviegoers and MJ fans probably don't vote, but I'll bet you that almost every one of those 400 are among the first to cast their ballot!

That's what counts. It will make a big difference in 2010.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am very curious about how some people delineate between a 'hero for the cause' and an 'extremist whacko'. How can they justify defending one person's right to speak, while attempting to stifle another's? This is what results in violence.

Examples :
Conservative Author Is Attacked With Pies By J.D. Wallace, KOLD News 13 Reporter posted 10/22/04 (Ann Coulter)

At Columbia, Students Attack Minuteman Founder By ELIANA JOHNSON, Staff Reporter of the Sun | October 5, 2006

CoDE PINK ACTIVISTS DISRUPT RUMSFELD SPEECH AT DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER CONFERENCE by Code Pink Email: September 26 2003 archives.econ.utah.edu...

Protester in SF Attempts to Handcuff Karl Rove AP Published: October 22, 2008 sweetness-light.com...

Medea Benjamin and Jodie Evans disrupt Sarah Palin's RNC speech Sept. 3 by NYTimes, Reuters, NBC News, Pioneer Press, and more September 4th, 2008

No matter what the cause or message, you quickly lose all credibility with me when your hypocrisies are exposed.

As far as the current debate, I think the silent majority is silent no more. And that frightens the heck out of our elected officials. As it should. Also, although the Dems are the target of ire, now, the Reps should take heed. They, also, have ignored the will of the people for too long.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Honestly, 400 people is nothing!
There were way more people morning Michael Jackson's death
There will be way more people wanting to see meagon fox's new horror movie
There will be way more people going to see the new G.I. Joe movie

Thinking of it that way, 400 is absolutely nothing!

Yeah, but those moviegoers and MJ fans probably don't vote, but I'll bet you that almost every one of those 400 are among the first to cast their ballot!

That's what counts. It will make a big difference in 2010.

I dunno... did you see the amount of people at the Obamas acceptance speech the night of the election? That was a LOT of voters...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This 400 must be the "irate, tireless minority" Republican Dick Armey is fond of quoting at his Freedomworks.

An irate, tireless minority chanting, yelling for status quo, don't change, no change...

An irate, tireless minority completing the circle of a corporate America (corporatism)...corporations give to politicians who leave office and form organizations favoring corporations, and such organizations activate a fearful/angry vocal minority to lead the cause of corporations...

what is truly despicable is that these organizations, while Republican backed, want to woo angry Democrats...angry anyone...to march to the corporate marching (organizing)...orders

the circle is complete and surrounds us all...who is willing to break through instead of flee/hunker down/wait for others to do the job needing to be done?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Shame on you people, organizing to oppose Obamacare. That is just wrong and we're going to organize to show you how wrong it is.

Here is the website titled "Organizing for America Health Care Action Center".

advocacy.barackobama.com...

The hypocrisy is going to make my head explode. I wonder if that will be covered by my personally funded catastrophic health insurance plan?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The worst thing about the Youtube videos is the people that put down the "protesters". I have personally rated there opinions to re-enforce the message that the American democracy is crumbling and those idiots who criticize others for "shouting like 5 year olds" in order to be heard, are aiding the fall of the United States.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join