It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town halls gone wild

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

The memos are suggesting that Republicans JOIN the disruptions, to make them worse. Not start them.

And as I have said, the more Republicans that show up, the less that will be going home Republicans.

Democrats cried for Conservatives to wake up during the Bush years. Now it seems they fell asleep themselves.

The memo from the RNC imo is simply a tactic to divide us even more.. I honestly hope more Reps dump the party..

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Rockpuck]

You honestly think Republicans at Democratic meetings wouldn't be the ones to instigate or cause problems? That is so ridiculously illogical. Let's consider alllll the things repubs hate about democrats and conservatives hate about liberals. You think the RNC is encouraging their followers to go to these meetings and sit on their hands until someone else speaks up so that he can calmly and amiably agree? After watching quivering bunch of divas the RNC and conservatives have become after Obama's election, I'm sure that's completely realistic and what's really going on here.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
These idiots breaking up Town Hall meetings are doing so at the instruction of Republican operatives.

They know that the Democratic leadership is a bunch of cowards. The whole of Washington lives in a bubble where they think the news on the TV is real -- or at least believed to be true by the public.

So if they scare enough politicians and alienate them from the public, and trump up their astro-turf studies from the Cato institute and Heritage group, they will just tell everyone that the public doesn't want Health Care reform -- we LIKE the health insurance rip-off and lousy medical plans that cost way too much. We LIKE the shipping of jobs overseas and the reduction of purchasing power for the middle class for the last 30 years.

Likely, these are these Jesus-wept tea-bagger fools.

I totally agree that the TARP fund and the bail out of the banks was a ripoff of the public. But we have people protesting the economic stimulus, or actually anything and everything that the new government is trying to do.

>> If Obama were promoting tax breaks and reduction in tariffs, there wouldn't be a protester at the town halls -- because the idiots who don't know their own self-interest would be told "that's good for you -- making rich folks richer will allow them to give you a job."

It is just so dang tiresome seeing these idiots tear apart this country -- and helping the very people who are betraying them the most. The Robber Barons feel like God made them to lead us -- and these fools justify that notion.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What makes me so angry about Republicans -- is that Democrats LET them in and have access at town hall meetings.

We still have people in prison for wearing t-shirts that offended Bush. When the Republicans were in power -- they screened the crowd and only allowed in loyalists.

Now they piss on the openness and accuse everyone of their own sins.

It would be a laugh riot to hear barely veiled racists like Lou Dobbs, Gleen Beck, Rush Limbaugh and the like accusing Obama of racism -- if it weren't being swallowed by their angry and scared flock.

Obama's mom was white. The MOM that raised him when his dad split. I don't think you could find someone who might understand a bit to walk both paths. As much as I'm disappointed in the LACK of Liberalism from the Democrats -- at least they aren't run by myopic idiots.

God save us from these Tea-baggers.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Yes,liberal indeed. The stance that a person owes nothing to the government,and the government owes nothing to the people,save allegiance.Is a most admirable liberal trait. Thomas Jefferson was probably the first real liberal.He was liberal enough to realize that a Government left unchecked would invade your personal freedoms. God bless our liberal founding fathers!!!!

Unfortunately the "new liberals" are liberal in their interpretation of the Constitution. As in “if the Constitution didn't say it protected your rights it doesn't” and “if I can figure out a way to interpret it so it doesn't protect your rights it doesn't”. (Napoleonic code anyone)

Unfortunately we have a couple of spoiled generations so insulated from reality they have no idea of what is really happening. I am reminded of the video of the programer in the World Tower who refused to leave because he had to finish his program. The fireman bodily carried him out

I just spent a long time in a discussion with a guy (Professor) who see no problem with leaving his only child in a country where she will be living in third world conditions with no hope of advancement. He KNOWS that is where the USA is headed and doesn't see it as a problem!

History says the rise and fall of a nation takes about 200 years so I guess we are do...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

What?...

The Repubs are asking there "followers" to JOIN the chaos.. which is, for the most part, being caused by Democrats and Libertarians.

Of course they want them to cause problems.

I fail to see your own logic. Aside from the Republican this, Democrat that Liberal this Conservative that nonsense that you have been going on about.

The RNC's memo is the least of my concerns, and, if anything, is a detractor for the issue being discussed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

What makes me so angry about Republicans -- is that Democrats LET them in and have access at town hall meetings.

WTF is this supposed to mean?

Honestly.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
It's interesting to me that this is happening in a Democrat district. Something is underway in America despite the mainstream media's lack of reporting it. The American people aren't stupid and I think that come November 2010, Pelosi, Frank, Obama, and the gang are going to be very, very, unpleasently surprised.

After that, then what?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by octotom
It's interesting to me that this is happening in a Democrat district. Something is underway in America despite the mainstream media's lack of reporting it. The American people aren't stupid and I think that come November 2010, Pelosi, Frank, Obama, and the gang are going to be very, very, unpleasently surprised.

After that, then what?

That is the question to ask although we already know the answer. The answer is we do all this over again just with a different party in charge. Two party crime family. A revolution is needed

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

then Roosevelt who brought us the "noble" idea of social security that has become an abomination Roosevelt is number 3 on the list of greatest American Presidents of ALL Time!

Roosevelt was the Greatest TRAITOR of all time!

Just before Roosevelt took office:the Fed bankrupted the USA (on purpose)

Here is part of McFadden's speech

"Mr. Chairman, the United States is bankrupt: It has been bankrupted by the corrupt and dishonest Fed. It has repudiated its debts to its own citizens. Its chief foreign creditor is Great Britain, and a British bailiff has been at the White House and the British Agents are in the United States Treasury taking inventory [and] arranging terms of liquidations!..."Mr. Chairman, the Fed has offered to collect the British claims in full from the American public by trickery and corruption, if Great Britain will help to conceal its crimes. The British are shielding their agents, the Fed,...

“The Fed Note is essentially unsound. It is the worst currency and the most dangerous that this Country has ever known... They should not have made the Government [liable on the private] debts of individuals and corporations, and, least of all, on the private debts of foreigners.”

"The Prime Minister of England came here for money! He came here to collect cash!  "He came here with Fed Currency and other claims against the Fed which England had bought up in all parts of the world. And he has presented them for redemption in gold!

"...After World War I, Germany began to invest American banking loans in an economically wasteful fashion. Bankers lent to German states and municipalities, which used these funds for projects designed to bring about more social consumption, such as municipal beautification, parks, sports stadia, hotels, public bathhouses, and roads of little or no productive utility..." ]source (Gee doesn't that sound familar)

So what happened? Within 34 hr of becoming President Roosevelt closed the doors on every bank – source
And then Confiscated private citizens Gold to pay the debts of the Federal Reserve: first passing the Emergency Banking Relief Act of 1933 on March 9, 1933

Sec. 3. Section 11 of the Federal Reserve Act is amended by adding at the end thereof the following new subsection:

''(n) Whenever in the judgment of the Secretary of the Treasury such action is necessary to protect the currency system of the United States, the Secretary of the Treasury, in his discretion, may require any or all individuals, partnerships, associations and corporations to pay and deliver to the Treasurer of the United States any or all gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates owned by such individuals, partnerships, associations and corporations....

Then Roosevelt confiscated the gold through an executive order on April 5th 1933
Executive Order 6102:

"Section 2. All persons are hereby required to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, to a Federal Reserve Bank or a branch or agency thereof or to any member bank of the Federal Reserve System all gold coin, gold bullion and gold certificates now owned by them or coming into their ownership on or before April 28, 1933"

Was McFadden right about the Fed?
Milton Friedman, professor of economics at the University of Chicago and winner of a Nobel Prize in economics thinks so “...The Federal Reserve definitely caused the Great Depression by contracting the amount of currency in circulation by one-third from 1929 to 1933...” source

History is about to repeat itself but the bankers want all our land this time. That is what the food safety bills are really about: Confiscation of American farmland

How will it happen? easy
1.)The doubling of our debt using bailouts and social programs.
2) debasing the US dollar by doubling the money supply and allowing the fed to create $97 dollars of credit for every three dollars of new debt.
3) crippling our manufacturing with cap and trade. In 1996 we had LESS manufacturing jobs than in 1970. In 1995 Clinton convinced Congress to ratify the World Trade Organization agreement and gave China favored nation status causing a major loss of additional manufacturing jobs
4) Our education ranks 3rd from the BOTTOM

We have no way to recover from the hole that has been dug for us because all the regulations make American manufacturing non-competitive. California is already loosing people in droves as jobs evaporate. Obama will bankrupt the USA and put us into the tender hands of the World Bank. aka NWO.

Yes Yes I know ALL about the so called "new Green Technology" I suggest you google Al Gore, Maurice Strong and Molten Metal. This con game was played before but the liberals are too blinded by their Utopia to see the bankers setting traps at their feet.

I also suggest you checkout the Maurice Strong, Rockefeller Foundation, World Bank, oil and Green Peace connections. When ever I see a liberal raise the "THEY are funded by OIL companies" flag I crack a gut
laughing
. WHO do they think is leading and funding them??? Rockefeller aka "Standard Oil Money"

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

turn off your TV. Since February I have cut 6-12 hours of tv viewing a day down to one hour, if that if any at all.

What is a TV? Haven't seen one of those since 1974 and I do not miss it. I would rather read. Unfortunately newspapers are just as filled with BS as TV but at least I can skip down the page and not waste my time.

I strongly suggest going cold turkey, it is easier. Phone polls get to be real fun too because the sucker on the other end doesn't know how to hand someone not hooked on TV

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Crimvelvet,
Don't forget GE and the FACT that they either have options on or own outright 90% of this so called 'New Green Technology'! They have a strangle hold on this Cap & trade fiasco. FDR would be drooling over the accomplishments of this new administration. After all, he set the gears in motion. Some of these Obamaites need to read 'The Forgotten Man" by Amity Schlaes! They might understand just how misguided they are and how much THEY have been lied to!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo,

GE's interestin Green tech hadn't really registered. But didn't I read somewhere that Rockefeller owns a large chunk of GE? The Board of directors/owners of all these big corporations seem to be interlocking.

Every time I start following a thread it turns into a rat's nest usually with Rockefeller and friends somewhere in the mess.

Most people do not notice that Monsanto is owned 85% by mutual funds and what that really means. For example 7% is owned by the Fidelity groups and controlled/voted by the Johnson family. The sneaky thing about a mutual fund is the owners of the fund use YOUR money to buy stock but THEY vote the shares. This means the financial types can control a large chunk of a company without any cash outlay in their part. It also serves to disguise WHO actually controls a company. The 7% voted by the Johnson family is through at least three different mutual funds, there may be more.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
All this "repub. this, democrat. this when are people going to see it's getting beyond parties now? the people have had it.... the pot is boiling over. Republicans and democrats are all thiefs and liars, the people are tired of it.No news item has made me happy as this one one... perhaps the populace are starting to stand up.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

WTF is this supposed to mean?

Honestly.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Heck yeah man... one of the most egregious assaults on personal freedom and disenfranchisements of the Bush years was that he refused anyone that wasn't a republican loyalist entry to any engagement he attended.

But if Obama did it too, I'd be equally torqued about it.
As crazy and spiteful as conservatives can be they are still Americans and he is still their president. If he didn't have the cajones to face those that disagreed with him, I'd have just as little respect for him as I do for Bush.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
these videos are great. hopefully they keep happening to get the point across that we can not let these people control everything we do

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Interesting that you mention GE. GE was also the single largest beneficiary of Government Stimulus. Through, it is believed, loopholes regarding it's financing division.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I just find it amazing that a poster would say something as ignorant as that.

For those that don't understand the Republic (apparently about 90% of Americans) ..

A Constituent is someone inside your district. It doesn't mean someone that DID or DID NOT vote for you.. It simply means someone with the ability to vote who lives inside your district.

I completely agree with you that Bush was wrong in his actions, many Republicans are probably guilty of "screening" just as many Democrats are.

To be fair however, it needs to be pointed out that only one Congresscritter (from Florida, posted a few pages back) refused certain political followers into his meeting. They happened to be Libertarians.

Even if they screened for only Democrats, it was Democrats in New York that shut down the Congresscritters little meetings...

Apparently the Fence Sitters that installed the Democratic Congress.. Senate.. and White House are coming to miss at least a fight somewhere in the political system to prevent huge change from happening so fast. Raise the taxes and change the way we live and receive health care before they get voted out.

When you have no job, you're about to loose your house, you can't make the car payment and you are worrying about simply feeding those that depend on you.. and the Government bails out mega corporations that own your debts, do nothing for you, then act surprised when you get pissed off... Well, political parties don't really mean much to someone in this position.

Both parties already failed you.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Imagine that more people making money off of the awesome situation the American people are in

Just gotta find all the pieces and start putting them together

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

It will always start and end with the Government. They vowed to protect us, and they sacrificed us. For that, they should take the brunt of the blame.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kadzait

Absolutely, ditto, kudos, etc. I am not going to bother posting on divide and conquer here, except for a few things, as I have posted many times before in many threads on the subject.

Divide and conquer is the nature of the beast. It is the nature of power and control. It exploits our most basic brain function that colors all perspective, until transcended. If you find yourself in an "us vs them" mentality, you simply haven't raised your consciousness of the world to a high enough level. Start examining motives, including being honest about your very own motives (it starts there), and move from there. Oh yeah, study the basics of how binary works in programming. Read "The Art of War."

[edit on 2-8-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join