It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town halls gone wild

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's not the revolution, or even a grassroots movement.
A memo leaked from the RNC on Friday is advising supporters to attend town hall meetings across the country and shout down Congressmen on healthcare reform.

The goal being to frustrate them, spread disinfo, and hopefully derail the debate and kill the plan altogether.

In fact they are even bussing people around the country to pose as concerned citizens.

Big money corporations call the shots in this country, and pharmaceuticals and health insurance are two of the biggest.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by finemanm
Its seems that the revolt against the government is starting. Congressmen are affraid to meet with the very people they claim to represent.

Rookies, they are doing it wrong! The proper way to hold a town meeting is to pre-screen everyone to make sure you only get the ones who agree with you. Just look at how the President does it. Works great for him

Actually, that was the previous occupant of the Whitehouse that did that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I hope the RNC really is doing that. Honestly, I do.

Just imagine, some angry Republicans going to protest the meetings along side "Tea Party Activist" ..

My bet is 60% of the Republicans that get mixed into that crowd, won't be going home Republicans.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by finemanm
Its seems that the revolt against the government is starting. Congressmen are affraid to meet with the very people they claim to represent.

Rookies, they are doing it wrong! The proper way to hold a town meeting is to pre-screen everyone to make sure you only get the ones who agree with you. Just look at how the President does it. Works great for him

Actually, that was the previous occupant of the Whitehouse that did that.

Actually every President has done that and will do that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Heh,I'm not surprised this happening many people on both sides of the "political divide" are beginning to realize that these people we supposedly vote for don't really represent anyone but themselves and their campaign contributors.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Wow some of the people who are mentioning Bush... LET IT GO!!! I am not affiliated with either party because they are the SAME!!!

When are more people going to realize this?

Here I will attempt to help out some...

THERE IS ONLY ONE PARTY THAT GETS ELECTED TO THE POSITION OF POTUS... REP OR DEM THEY ALL ARE CONTROLLED BY A HIGHER PERSON OR GROUP!!!

Obama has not kept a majority of his campaign promises (not a whole bunch of presidents have in the past either but Obama is now the president so he is in the hot seat). Is that not the reason he got elected, because of the things he said he was going to do? Hmm interesting.

And for the person who is in favor of all of these new policies, do you not see that these policies are GWB II? Are you also aware that with the new domestic terrorism laws you my friend are put in the same list with the rest of us simply by posting on this site (last I heard ATS is on the FBI's radar). Come on people, quit playing the blame game and open your eyes to see that they are only looking out for a small number of people... and sorry to say it is not the average joe or you and me.

The more we fight with each other the more we forget about we are really angry about.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This honestly just sounds like partisan republican non-sense. I hate the democrats, but after the last eight years of the worst administration in history and republicans going along with it like a battered wife in denial, this whole movement can get #ed. I mean seriously, the republicans and conservatives after doing nothing but being bullies and pieces of garbage during their eight years have turned into the biggest whinest divas in the last seven months. I'm sick of the Republicans and Fox News demographic trying to be the opposition to Obama. Why? Because they're just #ing it all up. This country is stupid as hell.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze
Wow some of the people who are mentioning Bush... LET IT GO!!! I am not affiliated with either party because they are the SAME!!!

THERE IS ONLY ONE PARTY THAT GETS ELECTED TO THE POSITION OF POTUS... REP OR DEM THEY ALL ARE CONTROLLED BY A HIGHER PERSON OR GROUP!!!

Obama has not kept a majority of his campaign promises (not a whole bunch of presidents have in the past either but Obama is now the president so he is in the hot seat). Is that not the reason he got elected, because of the things he said he was going to do? Hmm interesting.

And for the person who is in favor of all of these new policies, do you not see that these policies are GWB II? Are you also aware that with the new domestic terrorism laws you my friend are put in the same list with the rest of us simply by posting on this site (last I heard ATS is on the FBI's radar). Come on people, quit playing the blame game and open your eyes to see that they are only looking out for a small number of people... and sorry to say it is not the average joe or you and me.

The more we fight with each other the more we forget about we are really angry about.

Yeah just let the worst administration ran by a treasonous war criminal who got you into all the current problems go. After all if you don't forget about that abomination and obscenity in American history, these pigs won't be able to get back into power or push their agenda. After all they're the only opposition because they're screaming louder and silencing everyone else. In twenty years misguided Nazis... err neo-cons will probably have broken the soul of this country so far that people will consider George Bush a good president.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Look, did I disagree with anything that was said about Bush??? NO

Did I ever once metion that he should be pardoned for the Patriot Act??? NO

What I am saying that in order for this country to survive we will have to realize that they are all working towards the same agenda.

We can all argue our points until we are blue in the face (well until our fingers curl up or our keyboards break) but it will get us no where. This is what they want, two sides so far from one another, that we cannot agree on anything.

Come together and We The People will prevail!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

We can all argue our points until we are blue in the face (well until our fingers curl up or our keyboards break) but it will get us no where. This is what they want, two sides so far from one another, that we cannot agree on anything.

Truer words were never spoken.Divide and conquer;we shouldn't let anything divide us as a country,lest we lose sight of what's at stake

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I can only wait to see the town hall hosted by Arlen Spector in the coming months. I just got a clippit in the mail about it today. Should be interesting to day the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
This honestly just sounds like partisan republican non-sense. I hate the democrats, but after the last eight years of the worst administration in history and republicans going along with it like a battered wife in denial, this whole movement can get #ed. I mean seriously, the republicans and conservatives after doing nothing but being bullies and pieces of garbage during their eight years have turned into the biggest whinest divas in the last seven months. I'm sick of the Republicans and Fox News demographic trying to be the opposition to Obama. Why? Because they're just #ing it all up. This country is stupid as hell.

Except that the people interrupting the meetings are DEMOCRATS who are angry at their Democratic Leaders for RAISING TAXES...

And Libertarians, who find the entire system to be disgusting, but notice the Democrats are doing the most damage with this Social Change Blitzkrieg of theirs.

Pull your head from your arse and wake up.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Except that the people interrupting the meetings are DEMOCRATS who are angry at their Democratic Leaders for RAISING TAXES...

And Libertarians, who find the entire system to be disgusting, but notice the Democrats are doing the most damage with this Social Change Blitzkrieg of theirs.

Pull your head from your arse and wake up.

And the memos the RNC is circulating to disrupt these meetings and the way the RNC and Fox News has jumped on and raped any kind of meaningful opposition to the Obama administration are what? You gotta deal with that bull# before you're ever going to move forward with any kind of progress. And until you acknowledge that and do something about it or distinguish yourself from those mother#ers, the majority of Americans will tune it out, especially with the deafening roar of the Obama hype machine. You know and I know what the reality is, but reality doesn't matter when it comes to perception and it's the American perception that you're fighting for.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Honestly, 400 people is nothing!
There were way more people morning Michael Jackson's death
There will be way more people wanting to see meagon fox's new horror movie
There will be way more people going to see the new G.I. Joe movie

Thinking of it that way, 400 is absolutely nothing!

you dolt! 400 people is enough to start other people asking questions, and those four hundred will bring four hundred more, and so on. Its FINALLY happening. People are seeing the bull# laid on their plates and are starting to throw it back. These politicians are losing control even faster than most of us had anticipated. Your country is on the brink of a severe civil war. as are parts of europe. All these 'civilised' peoples are starting to think. Television is losing its grip on the watchers, and the watchers are starting to think. Soon.. these Americans will start to see who the real bad guys are, and more people will follow. We are all sick of paying for their mistakes. We are all sick of being lied to with every event paranormal or mundane. We can watch a huricane rip through southern US and as this happens your president tells you its ok... fema will be there to save you. its just a little storm... blah blah.. its as if these people are trained to lie at everything. Stopping at a red light must translate in politics speech as Taking evasive maneuvers through the streets, or peace talks or some such nonesense. 400 people is perfect to get the attention of enough of the right people thinkng correctly about these matters.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

The memos are suggesting that Republicans JOIN the disruptions, to make them worse. Not start them.

And as I have said, the more Republicans that show up, the less that will be going home Republicans.

Democrats cried for Conservatives to wake up during the Bush years. Now it seems they fell asleep themselves.

The memo from the RNC imo is simply a tactic to divide us even more.. I honestly hope more Reps dump the party..

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Do you have a link?

It's interesting, I'd had the thought that this was a coordinated strategy by the right, so it's not surprising.

The far right has gone absolutely ballistic since the election, it's fun to watch if a little alarming.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze

I am in 100% agreement. There is no democratic or republican parties, its a illusion. Its a device to keep the uninformed people going around in circles. Once one side doesnt work for them(usually never does) they switch to the another political side. The cycle keeps going so people dont start thinking about the big picture.

I find it absolutely astounding how people on ATS still bash a certain political party without figuring out the whole picture about both parties. It makes me temped to insult their intelligence and I cringe every time a person accuses one side of doing wrong when its all the same side. This is ATS, shouldnt things like both parties of the political system being corrupt be common knowledge? Apparently that is not the case on ATS.

This is who the president really is.

- Troops are still in the middle east with no escape plan.
- Taxes are NOT going down.
- The stimulus did nothing.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Kadzait]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Every time I hear people protesting and saying things like "Stop spending our money!" and "Liar liar pants on fire!" I have to stop and ask: Where have you been for the past 8 years?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Every time I hear people protesting and saying things like "Stop spending our money!" and "Liar liar pants on fire!" I have to stop and ask: Where have you been for the past 8 years?

I have to ask: Why would you ask such an ignorant question?

The vast majority were saying the same things about Bush and co. Fact is, nothing's changed. Well except now our taxes will be going up significantly.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You all should visit Guelph Ontario, the city I am from, we get a lot of protesters ranging on pretty much everything.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join