It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama,whats in a name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The president's first name, Barack, is a Swahili name that has its origins in Arabic. The original Arabic root of the name (B-R-K) means "blessed." In Arabic, the root word is used in many other phrases to denote blessings and to describe people who are blessed:

The prefix O- means "he,"

"Obama" is a name from the Luo ethnic group of southwestern Kenya, where Barack Obama, Sr. was born.

It is based on the Luo (technically, Dholuo, the name of the language of the Luo) word bam, which means "crooked, slightly bending."

So barak obama=blessed he who is crooked
thought you could use a laugh but the irony is undeniable.
all name meanings from wiki.answers.com...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

The president's first name, Barack, is a Swahili name that has its origins in Arabic. The original Arabic root of the name (B-R-K) means "blessed." In Arabic, the root word is used in many other phrases to denote blessings and to describe people who are blessed:

The prefix O- means "he,"

"Obama" is a name from the Luo ethnic group of southwestern Kenya, where Barack Obama, Sr. was born.

It is based on the Luo (technically, Dholuo, the name of the language of the Luo) word bam, which means "crooked, slightly bending."

So barak obama=blessed he who is crooked
thought you could use a laugh but the irony is undeniable.
all name meanings from wiki.answers.com...

What happends when you add hussein?

Blessed he who is crooked dictator?

Irony indeed.

I tried analysing the name I have for Gordon Brown by using a site I found quickly using google....

Your First Name of: Arseh*le
Below is just a brief analysis of the first name only. For an analysis and assessment of your full name, see our Name Report service for further details. Remember to give us your review below. Thank you!

* Your name of Arseh*le has given you the ability to handle people.

* You are pleasant and diplomatic, and seem to sense how others feel.

* For this reason, you could do well in public relations work.

* You appreciate the finer things of life, and like to have a good standard of living.

* You feel that it is important to convey the impression that you are financially secure, and you place importance on your mode of dress, and on appearances generally.

* While you could do well in certain positions of authority, you have a certain lack of initiative and a tendency to procrastinate.

* Although the name Arseh*le creates executive ambitions, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions.

* This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the reproductive organs, and fluid systems.

www.kabalarians.com...

mmm, not sure if thats an accurate description?

Definately something in a name ill give it that.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

TextObama's middle name is Hussein, which was his grandfather's first name. The name, of Arabic origin, means "good" or "handsome one."

so barak hussien obama=he who is blessed handsome and crooked?
BULLSEYE!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

In Hebrew, "baraq 'aw-bahwah" or something like that means lighting from heaven. I always thought that was kinda interesting.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by genius/idoit

In Hebrew, "baraq 'aw-bahwah" or something like that means lighting from heaven. I always thought that was kinda interesting.

Theres a thought,

"I saw Satan fall as Baraq O Bam-maw"

I could write quite a lot on the often called coincidences on this guy but you just get flamed anyways.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by XXXN3O

TextObama's middle name is Hussein, which was his grandfather's first name. The name, of Arabic origin, means "good" or "handsome one."

so barak hussien obama=he who is blessed handsome and crooked?
BULLSEYE!!

Wow.

Thats pretty spot on.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

yeah thanks I liked your interpretation to.funny of all the different adjectives you don't see;honest ,trustworthy,caring or any of the good ones.

new topics

top topics

join