It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wrong kind of Christian' can’t get their child into local 'faith school'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Nice informative post, I fully agree that a privately funded school should accept who it pleases.
I have to agree with the sentiments of Orangeman in that, labeling children according to their parents beliefs harms the child and creates social disharmony.

A child is a child with a name, a child is not a belief on legs a thing created to think and act in a certain manner.

School should be a place to get away from religious beliefs and look at the world out of the box.

If a parent chooses to bring up their child following a give set of moral values, that is their right but a child should always have the opportunity to observe or even experience other views.

It is long past time that religion was kept in the home or the place of worship, school has no place for religion.

Any parent strong in their faith ought not to have an issue with a no religion school

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i wouldn't except any of them at all...these evangelicals are hard core...it's their way or the highway...they are the ones that want to change the government into a christian nation, they encourage abortion doctor killings, they persecute gay people...drive down to the southern states of the USA and stay there a few months, especially the rural towns...if you don't believe in jesus christ..you'll be run out of town and they are not polite about it. "hate the sin, love the sinner", is the biggest crock of BS i've heard. as far as i'm concerned, there should be alot more restrictions on these "christians", not less.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

they are the ones that want to change the government into a christian nation, they encourage abortion doctor killings, they persecute gay people

Not all Evangelicals are like that. I'm an Evangelical Christian and I don't expect America to become a Christian nation. It's a waste of time, it's not going to happen. Nor do I encourage the killing of abortion doctors or the persecution of gays. Not every Evangelical is the same.

"hate the sin, love the sinner", is the biggest crock of BS i've heard. as far as i'm concerned, there should be alot more restrictions on these "christians", not less.

Do you not think it's possible to "hate the sin, but love the sinner"? Why not? The best example of hating the sin and loving the sinner is myself. I absolutely abhor some of the sins that I'm inclined to committing. But, I still love myself, like every human does. So, why is it not possible to do that with other people? In my mind, it's completely possible to disagree and not like that someone practices homosexuality, for example, but still love them as a creation of God.

Why more restrictions? Have you heard of the First Amendment? The government isn't allowed to establish any law that prohibits the free practice of religion. So, more "restrictions" on a religion doesn't fly well.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by octotom]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join