It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Goes Easy on Shoe Bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL???

Story Here

The Obama Justice Department has withdrawn the "special administrative measures" imposed at the federal prison in Colorado against "Shoe Bomber" Richard Reid, the jihadist who tried to blow up a trans-Atlantic flight in 2001.

Special administrative measures (SAMs) are security directives, renewable yearly, issued by the attorney general when "there is a substantial risk that a prisoner’s communications, correspondence or contacts with persons could result in death or serious bodily injury" to others." ...

"So the would-be suicide bomber went on a hunger strike and got results: a cave-in from the Obama Justice Department."

"Detainee policy in the Obama/Holder Justice Department is now being shaped by former Human Rights Watch lawyer Jennifer Daskal, who thinks incarceration is tantamount to torture."

Attorney General Eric Holder is involved. Gee. No surprise there. Holder wants these terrorists who are waging war against America put into civilian prison

Holder of Clintons pardon-gate - got Marc Rich off.
Holder of 'help the FALN' fame.
Holder of getting Rosenberg and Evans, of the WEATHER UNDERGROUND off fame.
Holder of Telecom Global Crossing fame.
Holder with his extensive ties to Blago. (gotta' love that Chicago politics!)

Holder who is a senior parter at Covington and Burling LLP - the law firm that gets to represent the GITMO terrorists as Obama puts them in the civilian court system.
(and people thought the Cheney/Halliburton/Iraq war was a poltiical profit making venture!)

As for Jennifer Draskal .. The New York Post has an interesting article on her.

IF you were hiring a lawyer to help protect Americans from terrorists, you likely wouldn't choose a left-wing activist who's been a champion of the killers held at Guantanamo Bay.

Then again, you're not President Obama. His Justice Department has raised eyebrows by tapping Jennifer Daskal, formerly "senior counterterrorism counsel" at Human Rights Watch, to work as counsel in its National Security Division and to serve on a task force deciding the future of Guantanamo and its detainees.

A former public defender, Daskal has no prosecutorial experience -- let alone a background in national security. So how did she land an important job at Justice -- one of only four political appointments at the National Security Division? ...

Others note that if Daskal's Human Rights Watch activism counted as lobbying, the hire would be a direct conflict of interest: She's now working for the government on the same policies she was recently paid to shape from the outside.

There is more information at these sources. Reid went on a hunger strike (I say let him starve himself) and demanded to be able to 'worship' with the other muslim inmates and have correspondence rights with the "outside world" (radical islamic fundamentalists who are at war with the USA).

The Obama administration is letting him. :shk:

'Worship' ... or plot further jihad?
'Correspondence' ... or plot further jihad?
It's a safe bet that it's 'plot further jihad'.

What the hell is going on?????

National Review Online - Surrender to the Jihad Continues

In a hand-written complaint, [Reid] asserted that he was being illegally prevented from performing daily “group prayers in a manner prescribed by my religion.” Yet the list of Reid’s potential fellow congregants at ADX Florence [i.e., the supermax prison] reads like a Who’s Who of al Qaeda’s most dangerous members: Ramzi Yousef and his three co-conspirators in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing; 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui; “Millennium bomber” Ahmed Ressam; “Dirty bomber” Jose Padilla; Wadih el-Hage, Osama Bin Laden’s personal secretary, convicted in the 1998 U.S. Embassy bombing that killed 247 people

Wall Street Journal - Revenge of the Shoe Bomber

Meanwhile, in order to appease political constituencies both here and abroad, the Obama administration is moving full steam ahead, operating on the false premise that giving more civil liberties to religious fanatics bent on destroying Western civilization will make a difference in the Muslim world. In a letter sent to his father as he began his hunger strike, Reid provided a preview of how he will exercise his newly enlarged free speech rights, calling Mr. Obama a “hypocrite” who is “no better than George Bush.” His lawsuit remains active while the Department of Justice works out a settlement that satisfies the man who declared, “I am at war with America.”

Take a long hard look at the people Obama is putting in these key postions.
These people are supposed to be helping to take care of us and protect us. Eric Holder and Jennifer Daskal for example.

Do you feel safer with these two working with Obama?

[edit on 7/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This makes me puke. When are people going to wake up from their consensus trance and see this fraud they call POTUS for what he is?

IRM

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is crazy, what are these people thinking, have they no brains? The guy said, "I'm at war with America" and they want to give him right? You know the last time I checked when you are in prison and they have reason to suspect you can create conflict on the outside you lose the right. We have a bunch of imbeciles running this country.

This is going to be a long 3.5 more years.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
This is going to be a long 3.5 more years.

All this damage done and it's only been 6 months. :shk:

I definately do NOT feel better with Holder and Daskal playing softball with terrorists. And for Holder .. it's not the first time. It's his M.O. Ya' gotta' wonder about his motivation and his priorities. Is the safety of Americans his priority or is bringing in new business for his law firm - Covington and Burling LLP - his priority? Do Americans and our needs come first or do the OBVIOUS NEFARIOUS SCHEMES of terrorists take higher priority? The answer is obvious. They side with the terrorists.

And Obama hand picked these people. :shk:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well The People voted and they wanted CHANGE.

They are getting their Change.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Holder wants these terrorists who are waging war against America put into civilian prison

Yes put them in civilian prisons with the general population and see how long they last.

there is always a group of inmates that will view these terrorists as slime and will treat them that way.

Don't bend over if you drop your soap.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Do you feel safer with these two working with Obama?

NO.

Everyday it is something new with these morons.
I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Off topic side note -

QUESTION - Why is there a '2' after the title of this thread?
I didn't put it there. This is odd. How'd that get there and why?

Edited ... and now, less than a minute later, it's gone.

Something strange is going on.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I agree. Let him in general population for a few months. Hopefully, they will take care of him.

But there is always the risk of recruitment if he is allowed in gp.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Off topic side note -

haha, I think you broke the system, Flyers Fan. The "1" is still on the end of the Beer Summit thread also

Back on topic. This entire thing is the Obama administration doing whatever they want to do no matter what the people think. The time when 'you have the right and responsibility to question your Government' is slowly turning into ' you have no right to question our wisdom and policy'

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Off topic side note -

You've been tagged as subversive

This story is disgusting especially in the wake of the recent arrests of the terror supspects in North Carolina. Home grown terror suspects.

Let's not forget the recent softening of the justice department regarding the Black Panther voter intimidation case in Philly.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
haha, I think you broke the system, Flyers Fan. The "1" is still on the end of the Beer Summit thread also

It's strange. I've never seen these '1' and '2' at the end of thread titles before. And I know I didn't put them there. They keep popping up and then disappearing ....

I'm a paranoid (that's why I'm here!
).
What is this? Is it new? Has it been here all the time and I just missed it?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Let's not forget the recent softening of the justice department regarding the Black Panther voter intimidation case in Philly.

All under Eric Holder. Link to Jibeho thread on Eric Holder
He's letting terrorists off left and right.
He's also getting his attorney business a lot of new clients.

Like I said .. makes you wonder what his priorities are ...
Americans or terrorists ..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Certainly strike me as terrorist sympathizers.

I wonder if they're as sympathetic to "Domestic terrorists"- you know, the term now given to Americans who question their actions.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I guess more brainwashed Obamatrons are going to applaud this action while a 16 yr old is held under the patriot act with no contact with his parents.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The guy said, "I'm at war with America" and they want to give him right?

Yes, it's what made America great. Novel ideas like, innocent until proven guilty, the right to defend yourself, the right to be treated humanely,the right to practice your religion..horrible stuff like that.

Richard Reid is a bad guy. No doubt about that.

It's easy to justify anything he gets, but we must remember what made America the bastion of Justice she once was. Even a criminal has rights.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What's wrong with having these extremists in a prison? You think they'd last long? Especially with the White Nationalist morons in there? I say throw all these radicals in a civilian prison and see what happens.

And no, they aren't going to convert anyone to Islam and make them hate America, I promise..

btw---where are the 9/11 truthers? I thought there was no such thing as Jihad in America?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The economy will get better and Obama will become a god once again.

Yet, people will let the things like this slide over and over, and we will just have an even MORE politically correct (BS) country.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Face facts - our "President" identifies with people who hate the USA, he understands their hatred.

As for Richard Reid, I'd be in favor of shipping him back to the UK and letting them pay for his room and board in a Brit jail.

Best we keep the Muslim extremists in Muslim countries

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
Even a criminal has rights.

He doesn't have a right to mingle with others who have also declared war against the USA and he doesnt' have a right to correspond with others who still are on jihad against us. that's common sense.

It's a WAR afterall. Even if Obama doesnt' want to use the term. That's exactly what it is. (Kinda makes you wonder why he won't use the term and why he's so soft on anti-American terrorists.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join