It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian space chief mars mission is realistic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
www.space.com...

new russian space chief says its realistic to go to mars.. and this within the decade but we have to be working together.. he still remains positive and neutral..

this man has great Ideas going to mars is okay by me but we also should go to the moon again..

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good for the Russians. Hopefully the US will work with them and it won't be Space Race II.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Good for the Russians. Hopefully the US will work with them and it won't be Space Race II.

Right on. Russian scientists are amongst the best in the world. A jointly functioning body of the two organizations should be most fruitful, as it has been in the past (CIA working with KGB, for example).

I believe that US and Russia are already working together in some sectors of space travel, however. I am not sure, so please do correct me if I am wrong.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Hopefully the US will work with them and it won't be Space Race II.

why? not that its bad but having race means tough competition. remember those 'cold war', 'space race 1' competitions?

just love seing smarties come up with some a* kicking stuff

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I wasn't alive during the height of the Cold War, but it can probably go without saying (or knowing in my case) that the tension in the air between the two countries was thick enough to grab. Tension is never a good thing especially when nuclear weapons are involved. Nice jet in avatar BTW.

[Edited on 5/10/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I dont think Russia, the US, or for that matter any other Government will reach the Moon or Mars again first no matter how much money Bush pours into the US program. I think the private companies out there that are fighting to prove themselves will be the first to acheive these goals. The industrialization of space, i.e. mining, tourism, other profitable ventures will be what opens up space on a big scale by allowing the private investor to become involved for a profit motive using modern technology invented and proven by NASA and it's counterparts 30 years ago. I dont think NASA or its' Russian equal can surpass true capitalism.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Tension is never a good thing especially when nuclear weapons are involved.

rrrrrrr...

those damn nukes mess up all fun

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a collaboration to get to mars would be great rather than a space race, and the timescale of the russians plan will be much more appealing to the public, rather than returning to the moon by 2020 and repeating the feat which was already accomplished 40 years ago.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Nazi Germany is what to me brought the cold War about, seeing their end and trying to get Russia and America to split into hostilities, then they could rise up the fourth Reich.

Private companies will be as the Lewis and Clark did for our country, if governments are left to explore all they will do is take our money and hide what ever artifacts they find! Having non government people will help reveal the possibility of structures and other anomolies on the Moon or Mars such as the Face.

Also remember how the Navy was buying toilet seats at a pop of 250$ bucks each, so the cost of government going into space is costly as manufacturers believe in higher prices because the part has a label Aerospace on it. Having worked in a machine shop and seeing how things get marked up no wonder it's taken this long to get where we are today.

Michael

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
NASA won't work with Russia to go to the Moon or to Mars.

Those are distinctions our nation wants to hold. It's not beneficial to have a near dictatorship capable of interplanetary space flight.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It's not beneficial to have a near dictatorship capable of interplanetary space flight.

Who? the U.S.?
Sorry guys but Russia has a healthier democracy the the U.S. does at the moment, voter turn out an a proper political spectrum tend to help that.
I think one of the advantages of getting the Russians involved is they don't seem to have nearly as many leaching companies ripping them off like the U.S. seems to.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
the main thing is that we go to space and I would be happy if the would work together but if they don't so be it but we still have to go.. For peace and the financiel benifits.

top topics

join