It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beer Summit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm getting a pretty good picture of what you see with Obama.

reply to post by Rockpuck

Well considering Obama is the kind of guy that orders a hamburger "well done" at a fast food place, I don't see him as the beer guzzling type. Maybe a Daiquiri. With whip cream. And a little umbrella. In a pink glass.

Hmm, I pegged him more for the martini type, or maybe even tossing back a glass of aged bourbon. But I get your point.

Bud Lite? Really? At least Gates ordered Red Stripe.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

At least Gates ordered Red Stripe.

Oh really?

I'm not being serious, but I do find it funny he ordered the beer that's supposedly from black folk to help white folk dance.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
With your way of thinking, than anytime a person of a different race refers to another person of different as acting stupidly...what you are saying is they are actually being racist.

Not 'anybody' .... in this case the person who said it (Obama) had belonged to a blame-white-people-for-everything black-liberation-theology cult for 20 years. And in his books he made racist statements ("that's how white folks will do you... ") And in his speech when he was lecturing America on race he called his grandmother 'a typical white person' ... etc etc etc

Based upon Obama's history it was rather clear that race was behind his remark.

So no ... I wouldn't make an assumption about 'anyone'.
But Obama's history makes his motivation rather clear.

But then again you know what they say about people who assume ( ass you me)

Yes. Do you want to stop ASSuming about why I said what I said?

Originally posted by whatukno
I'm getting a pretty good picture of what you see with Obama.

That shouldn't be too hard.
I've not been shy about exposing him for what he is.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Personally I find Red Stripe a pretty good beer. Unlike some domestics that taste like beer that has already been converted to urine.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I am not particularly a fan of it actually. I do enjoy their commercials haha .. "Reggae and Red Strip, helping our white friends dance for over 70 years! Hurray Beer!"

Only American beers I drink are Micro-Brews and Sams.. but usually I stick to Irish and Scottish beers. And when I am reeaaalllllyyyy poor.... Pabst Blue Ribbon.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I will take a wild shot here and say you must be young if you can only go back as far as Bush Jr to find a president to also complain about their actions. I noticed you left out Nam as wars we weren't gave the real reason we were in them. Also because you think no one in America cares how we look to other countries. There are some of us old timers left in this country. We do care.

Believe it or not many countries look at us as a role model. They want to be like us. Over the years I have wondered if they see us as we really are over here. They fight for rights we watch as ours are taken away. Yet we want to force our way of thinking on these countries. We wanted a statement from our president during the recent riots in Iran. They wanted a statement from us also. Perhaps we should care a bit more how we are viewed by other countries.

As for presidents they are just puppets. They do as they are told. Dems and Republicans is there really two parties or do they just want us to believe it? I really wonder. If I knew someone like Obama was running for president McCain would of not been my choice to run against him. I don't know McCain personally but it was like having the Mister Rogers show compete with girls gone wild. Mister Rogers just don't have what it takes to draw a crowd.

You think people hate Obama for his color or his name. We'll there's an old saying don't hate the person but you can hate his words and his actions. Right now we live in a country where people are wondering how they are going to pay their bills because their jobs just aren't there anymore. Yet they spend our tax dollars like water for the date and the shopping trip. They're trying to pass a health care bill that says if your old and sick your not worth treatment. Are your parents worth the cost? Or your grandparents?

Guess what even us white people get asked for I.D. when we lock ourselves out and a cop happens to come along. Perhaps we should just be glad they do because sometime it might just not be that persons house or car they are trying to get into. Obama's words might not of been racist but he jumped on the race bandwagon without knowing all the facts. I would think a president no matter what color he is should know better than that. He should atleast be a quick enough thinker to know when to keep his mouth shut and side step the question. A simple "I'm sorry but I don't know all the facts yet so I can't comment" would of done good. Kind of like the statement " thats above my pay grade" to some questions seems to work well.

What have I learned from his teaching experience? If your white you must be racist according to our president. I guess he just doesn't know the right white people.

By the way I was out protesting and carrying signs against Baby Bushes war did you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join