It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beer Summit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

You certainly hit the nail on the head. The women has been ridiculed for being a good citizen when the race issue has been proven to be nonexistent.

Moral rectitude is rapidly disappearing personality trait in this country. The woman is owed an apology at the very least.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Other than the neighbor who originally called 911, I don't see anyone in this whole mess who acted optimally. Once it was determined that Professor Gates was the home's resident, the officer (in my opinion) should have let him scream. I still fail to see the point of arresting him. Let him scream on his own porch. Was that breaking a law?

Now if he chased the officer into the street or something, that's a whole other deal. But I personally see no particular reason to slap the cuffs on the guy and arrest him, based upon the facts as I know them.

As to the meeting, prof drinks Red Stripe (yuk, plus it's foreign, yet not Guinness), officer gets Blue Moon (the stuff they promote with the orange slice - double yuk), Biden gets non-alcoholic beer (sissy - and why was he there anyway? Given beer can be "conversation water" it's probably just as well Joe went safe. Anything encouraging him to yammer can't be a good thing), president with Bud Lite. Pres wins the beer selection, but could've done better without the "Lite". C'mon Barry, have a real beer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Biden gets non-alcoholic beer (sissy - and why was he there anyway?

It was obviously for 'color balance'. Otherwise it would have looked like two black guys ganging up on the one little white guy. They didn't use the picnic table like they were supposed to. They set up a round table and they went black, white, black, white around the table.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

You're no doubt right. Everything's symbolic, or at least great pains are taken to prevent someone from reading symbolism into it. Especially when it's a staged photo op.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It was obviously for 'color balance'. Otherwise it would have looked like two black guys ganging up on the one little white guy. They didn't use the picnic table like they were supposed to. They set up a round table and they went black, white, black, white around the table.

The truly scary thing is there is probably someone making 6 figures per year to organize things in the correct political way like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Wow, your neat. Why would have been stupid, even the caller said she wasn't sure they were breaking in and it looked like they needed help. That is the problem with society today, everyone wants to know what going on on but everyone is to chicken---- to go see. We are talking about a high dollar neighborhood here, not the center of South Central or Watts, lol. You should just crawl back under the covers because the boogie man might get yah, lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Jnewell33

Well that's an interesting theory. I don't think anyone should ever potentially put themselves in harm's way to investigate a suspicious situation. That's why we have 911. When in doubt, make the call.

If I ever thought my wife went out to "investigate" something suspicious in the neighborhood, I'd be seriously upset. Let the professionals handle it. That only makes sense. The boogie man is the least of my worries.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I actually think what Obama did was pretty cool, in light of typical Presidents who don't seem to know whats even going on in the outside world beyond DC.

The only complaint I have is that...

Well it's Biden..

I don't trust a man who can't sit down and drink a beer..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I actually think what Obama did was pretty cool, ...

It would have been 'cool' if Obama had apologized for his own racially charged insult towards the innocent police officer.

It would have been cool if Obama had admitted that his buddy Gates had acted irresponsibily.

It would have been cool if Obama hadn't puffed himself up to try to look like a 'race teacher'. He tried to make it look like he was above the fray and that Crowley and Gates were kindergardeners. It was pathetic.

It would have been cool if the media hadn't let Obama off the hook for his racist insult.

Rock .. buddy .. I'm seeing nothing 'cool' about this
(except perhaps the beer which was served cool.
)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I don't trust a man who can't sit down and drink a beer..

I won't take it quite that far. I'd rather a guy just says he doesn't like beer than drink it because he's making some sort of "common dude" statement. I remember John Kerry going hunting in 2004 then knocking back a couple Buds with the boys. He couldn't have looked any more out of place if he'd made a conscious effort.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I can certainly understand that point and yes I can agree with it. But living here, I have learned that calling the police is a waste of time. (literally) So she could have saved everyone a headache if she just went outside and yelled "Hey! What are you doing?"

I mean it is technically the right call.

And I also agree that Obama put his foot in his mouth about this issue. Should he have apologized? Yep. He sure should have.

Although the question that got him in this mess was completely off topic and the reporter set him up. He was just stupid enough to fall for that garbage.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm still not getting the racist aspect of this. He said, "The police acted stupidly". He didn't say, "The cracker cop acted stupidly toward an innocent black man". I don't see where he brought race into it at all. I do think it was unwise to comment on it at all until he had all the facts. Even then, why the hell is the POTUS even making a comment about it? I don't think it was racist, I think it was a bad move.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I still want to see a presidential keg stand in the oval office.

I think the point of the beer Summit was to apologize. It was like a presidential "My Bad"

Course that being said. I wonder, those that believe that Obama is somehow a Closet Muslim Extremist Terrorist. Might wonder now, cause Muslims are forbidden to drink alcohol.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Beer Summit was just pure and complete bollocks, talk about opportunity...

talk about appearing to the public as the ultimate Peace maker. the whole stupid thing should never have been a race issue anyway, haven't we proved that yet? this is just one more distraction the Global Takeover backed Media is using

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

He didn't say, "The cracker cop acted stupidly toward an innocent black man".

That's pretty much what everyone here (where I live) thinks he really said.

Originally posted by whatukno
I think the point of the beer Summit was to apologize. It was like a presidential "My Bad"

I didn't see that at all. I saw it as Obama putting himself over everyone else and trying to set himself up as 'race teacher'. It was a 'teaching moment' he said. Not a 'learning moment'. And it was him trying to cover up his mistake. (and the press bought into his cover up plan).

edited to add - Not that he really used the words 'cracker', but that it was his underlying motive and what he was really thinking at the time. I agree.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I guess maybe we hear what we expect based upon what we're bringing to the table. All I know is he sure has a lot of the black Cambridge officers steamed at him. I think it was way more a cop slam than a racial slur.

Either way, a hole he dug for himself. If it's the worst thing he does in the next 3.5 years, I'll be pleasantly surprised. (What's behind him is already significantly worse. I'm "looking forward" and stuff.
) extra DIV

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It would have been 'cool' if Obama had apologized for his own racially charged insult towards the innocent police officer.

This is true. I agree. I suppose what I was meaning to say was the gesture alone, aside from the actual BS surrounding the "case" ... *sigh* .. I dunno .. maybe it's my inner hope wishing we really did have an "average" guy in the white house. One man enough to drink a real beer, like a Guinness, or a Sams .. something besides piss water (bud light).

(and Bud Light is not owned by America anymore, it's Brazilian, so his ploy to look like hes supporting a common American beer failed.)

reply to post by yeahright

I won't take it quite that far. I'd rather a guy just says he doesn't like beer than drink it because he's making some sort of "common dude" statement.

Nope, sorry. Any man who doesn't indulge every once in a while is suspect in my opinion.

reply to post by whatukno

I still want to see a presidential keg stand in the oval office.

Well considering Obama is the kind of guy that orders a hamburger "well done" at a fast food place, I don't see him as the beer guzzling type. Maybe a Daiquiri. With whip cream. And a little umbrella. In a pink glass.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He didn't say, "The cracker cop acted stupidly toward an innocent black man".

That's pretty much what everyone here (where I live) thinks he really said.

With your way of thinking, than anytime a person of a different race refers to another person of different as acting stupidly...what you are saying is they are actually being racist. So hypothetically if a white cop said the two young black males he picked up were acting stupidly what he is actually saying is the he picked up two 'n-word's. You and the others logic is pretty stupid..lol. Also I found the one comment by another poster concerning how he was expecting the president and his guests to be passing around a 40 oz. in a paper bag to be pretty racist because he has obviously refering to the president being black and he thinks that only black men drink beer that way. I am using flyers logic here...I am assuming what he meant

But then again you know what they say about people who assume ( ass you me)

[edit on 31-7-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I was watching a news show the other night before the beer summit and a reporter was on saying that David Alexrod had asked that reporter to ask the president about the incident.

Which I can truely believe since the president knows all the questions he's going to be asked ahead of time in press conferences.

Is it only me or doesn't anyone else find it a bit to coincidental that Gates is a personal friend of Obama. The timing was perfect to take some of the attention off a horrible health care plan. Then the beer summit.

I don't have anything against beer drinking but I to me the president of the United States shouldn't be holding beer summits. Did it accomplish anything but make another great photo op for Obama? Did he make you believe he's like one of the regular joes down here on main street? I sorry but the man doesn't seem to realize he's the president holding what use to be known as the most powerful job in the world. I'm sure the beer summit will make a great history class for future generations.

I guess we just chalk this up with the Ipod for the Queen, the dvd's for the prime minster, bowing to a king, date night in New York, and shopping day in paris for the wife, kids and mother in law with there own personal plane home since they didn't take airforce one with him...what next a meth summit for the drug lords to get them to play nice together?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57

I was watching a news show the other night before the beer summit and a reporter was on saying that David Alexrod had asked that reporter to ask the president about the incident.

Which I can truely believe since the president knows all the questions he's going to be asked ahead of time in press conferences.

Is it only me or doesn't anyone else find it a bit to coincidental that Gates is a personal friend of Obama. The timing was perfect to take some of the attention off a horrible health care plan. Then the beer summit.

I don't have anything against beer drinking but I to me the president of the United States shouldn't be holding beer summits. Did it accomplish anything but make another great photo op for Obama? Did he make you believe he's like one of the regular joes down here on main street? I sorry but the man doesn't seem to realize he's the president holding what use to be known as the most powerful job in the world. I'm sure the beer summit will make a great history class for future generations.

I guess we just chalk this up with the Ipod for the Queen, the dvd's for the prime minster, bowing to a king, date night in New York, and shopping day in paris for the wife, kids and mother in law with there own personal plane home since they didn't take airforce one with him...what next a meth summit for the drug lords to get them to play nice together?

Yeah because America actually cares how the world views it.
. So it was used as a photo op name one president who hasn't done things just to get a photo op. I guess no matter what the prez does he si going to look like sh*t to the ones who hate him. Wow I have never seen someone hated so much by just being in office a few months. We all know its not a race thing
or the fact his name is Obama ( there by making people think he is somehow related to terrorist organizations)
it is because he is doing such a horrid job....i mean he may not have caused the death of so thousand of americans by making a fake war or he hasn't wasn't looked on by the world as the most despisable person to ever have office in america(BUSH Jr.)...he just has been stuck with a major f up that he was supposed to magically fix and when he couldn't do it RIGHT AWAY he is now considered the worst president ever. Because McCain and Palin would have done so much
better. After all it is not like the republicans have a history of doing things for thier high powered buddies

[edit on 31-7-2009 by kerazeesicko]

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join