It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beer Summit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Not sure of the forum ...

Story Here

Well .... Obama, Biden, Gates and Crowley all got together for their beers.
They sat at a round table ... black, white, black, white ... around the table.
They drank their beers. Biden's was non alcoholic.

After the 'summit' Crowley gave a brief interview.
When asked if anyone apologized he said 'no'.
Gates didn't speak. But his attorney did. (hmmmm .... interesting).

The press is focusing in on what Gates and Crowley said to each other.
They are completely forgetting the more important part of this story - OBAMA.

Obama said the police 'acted stupidly'.
Obviously his comments were race based and wrong.
Obama never apologized.
He just said if he could do it over he'd pick different words.
Different words? He means he still feels the same way but he'd word it differently. :shk:
Now he says he's 'fascinated with the fascination' about the summit.
(God .. he sounds like a 12 year old.
)

BOTTOM LINE -

Obama has managed to get the focus off his own racial bigotry and moronic statement.
Obama didn't man up and apologize and admit his own racial bias.
No one apologized to the cop who acted correctly and got smeared by the POTUS.
Politics as usual.

:shk: :shk:

[edit on 7/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
See what happens when he makes statements that are not scrutinized by pollsters to make sure the words he uses appeal to the public. I also think it is great the woman who made the call to dispatch gets nothing but scorn. If she would have walked her butt over and asked the professor if everything was all right, none of this would be distracting American right now. I am surprised Obama hasn't underlined the importance of getting to know your neighbors and your community. It is the two nosy women not minding their own business that started the chain of events that caused this in my opinion and she certainly deserved to be left out of this summit, and it is disgraceful she has put herself in the spotlight only trying to add more drama to the details of an already messed up situation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm under the impression that the professor was paranoid for some reason when this happened and may have needed therapy. The timing was weird and caught him off guard. Somewhat suspicious actions on his part anyway. It's a shame his neighbor didn't know or recognize him either. I don't recall if this happened during the day.

The news video apparently only showed the officer drinking any beer. I suppose some might see that as a sign of a heavy drinker also?

What they should have had was a BBQ instead. yum.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yea Obama stepped on a landmine there. An entire press conference about health care reform shot down like a dog with one stupid remark.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
If she would have walked her butt over and asked the professor if everything was all right, none of this would be distracting American right now.

Um ... wrong answer.

The woman saw people going into a home and they were having a hard time getting through the door. She did the right thing in calling the police to investigate. To go over herself would have been moronic.

gee ... I think I see a break in ... I think I'll go check it out to see what's going on.
VERY DUMB

As for not knowing your neighbors ... we live in a city and have 6 immediate neighbors. I could only recognize 3 of them if I bumped into them at the store or something. That's just life in the city. Forcing people to 'get out and know your neighbor' is strange.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
I also think it is great the woman who made the call to dispatch gets nothing but scorn. If she would have walked her butt over and asked the professor if everything was all right, none of this would be distracting American right now.

Next time see what you believe is a crime in progress, make sure and walk over and verify so there isn't a case of mistaken identity. If ya get shot, robbed or stabbed, don't worry because at least you wont "distract America" by calling 911.

I'm sorry but it makes me sick that people could have this attitude. If this had happened to me in my home, I would have thanked that woman for being cautious and looking out for her fellow neighbors. After all, if it was my home and I could prove to the police that I belonged there then what would I have to fear?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Tell that to Harvard Scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr.

Jet lagged, forgot his keys, dude has to break into his own home. Some neighbor calls and complains about a black man breaking and entering. The cops show up. He tries to assert his rights. (and for some weird reason gets all ghetto on the officers) then the second he steps outside onto his porch they arrest him.

But you do have a point. I think that Gates may have caused himself more harm than good by provoking the officers. Instead of just producing ID that proved to them that he belonged there.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

She did NOT say black man when calling 911.
That is the popular accusation made by the MSM to ruin this poor woman.

I would be willing to bet if Gates would have said, "oh, here's my ID officer. Apparently there has been some sort of mistake but thank you for following up" then this would be a non story.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

She said 'two men ... one looks hispanic .. the other I couldn't see' (paraphrase)

Strange side note - there was a '1' that was suddenly after the title of this thread and then gone within a minute. I didn't put it there. I didn't take it down. What's going on??

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Exactly, but apparently gates said something to the effect of "Yo Mamma...." Why a Harvard Scholar would use Yo Mamma is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This so called beer summit might have been a good idea had it not been used as a photo op. The entire episode was caused by the Professor behaving badly.

The neighbor did the right thing in calling the cops when she thought she saw a break in; it would have been; oh I don't know stupid for her to go over there.

The Sgt did his job when he went to go check on it. The Professor should have produced id when asked and not behaved like an ignorant jerk. Any of us behaving like that in the same situation would have been arrested.

The President acted like a jerk in speaking to a situation when he didn't have all the facts. Is this an idication of what we can expect in the future?

Both Gates and the President should have apologized; both of the them to Crowley and the President to Law Enforcement in general. His comments were wrong plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Why a Harvard Scholar would use Yo Mamma is beyond me.

Why a Harvard Scholar would be stupid enough to not produce his ID and then to 'go off' on the cops is beyond me too.

Why the POTUS, who didn't have any facts except that a white cop and a black man were involved, would say that the police 'acted stupidly' is beyond me as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

If she would have walked her butt over and asked the professor if everything was all right, none of this would be distracting American right now.

No wonder we are in trouble, you want a woman to walk over late at night and confront two men she thinks might be dangerous?

SO it is her fault?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

That is the popular accusation made by the MSM to ruin this poor woman.

I wonder how many times you will have to repeat that, people don't pay attention, apparently.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I feel bad for the woman who called for help. I suppose the saying is true, no good deed goes unpunished. Anyway, Obama helped this skyrocket. Why he got involved in a civil matter is beyond me. I understand its his friend, but get your facts first then make the CORRECT UN-IGNORANT and UN-BIASED statement. Of course that didn't happen and I gurantee we will never get a public apology. He needs to Apologize to America for his slur, every American, black, white, hispanic, asian, etc. Because that little fit was not the man of hope that many voted for, that man was an angry and hate filled person on that podium. But what can we do? Nothing, thats why the race issue keeps going in circles because no one is brave enough to stop it and no one is brave enough to try anymore all because of politics...

Good thread, Star and Flag for ya.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
Obama helped this skyrocket.

Yep. And he's getting away with not apologizing.

Obamas reaction was racist and biggoted. It's very obvious.
But he's pushing this off onto Crowley and Gates.

He's basically saying 'it's their problem and everyone elses problem, but I don't have a problem with being racist so I'll be here to act as teacher in a teaching moment ... blah blah blah'

The professor called down fire upon his own head.
I think he secretly is enjoying this. He can try to claim 'victim'.
Betchya' a book comes out by him in the near future.

But the big story that all the media is not discussing ...

OBAMA DID NOT APOLOGIZE

He's playing the big man on campus who is bringing people together
but in fact he's the one that acted in a biggoted and racist manner.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

lol, not to worry. I am actually wiritng a letter to the President right now. This will be my first letter to Obama. I have written to the other presidents and either gotten a phone call or a letter back, so we will see what he does, when this very spiritful message comes walking tall to his door. Let see what happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In the big picture , Can you imagine the new batch of beer comercials that will be coming out. It's going to be a Super Bowl in August. WOOO HOOO !!!! Can't wait. Especially the foreign ones. I may have to turn the TV on .

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The good neighbor who called 911 is also due an apology. Instead of having to deal with ridicule she should be held as an example of a good neighbor. She's the type of neighbor we all need.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Everyone, except me, had such high hopes for the "beer summit". Once again this was just another photo op for Barry. Barry was kicking back with his sleeves rolled up and seeemingly without a care in the world. Did he even take a sip of his beer?

I was hoping to see a 40 oz, wrapped in a brown paper sack, passed around from man to man.

Why was Biden there? I suppose they needed him to color balance the table.

Anyhoo... It is nice to know that Barry has placed himself above apologies when dealing with his own behavior and yet traveled the world apologizing for the past actions/inactions of the United States of America.

Barry is definitely not a guy I would want to have a beer with. Crowley should have never sunk to his level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join