It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm starting to see the world as fractals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Lately fractals have been playing a big part of my life, I am constantly finding myself compare things to fractals. Is anyone experiencing this? I know this sounds weird but I was thinking today about -- Fred & Barney, yogi and booboo, pen & teller - Michael Jackson/Elvis (falls into fractal time...repeating itself with minor but infinite variables) - people lookalikes Johnny depp/skeet ulrich.. the same but infinitely different - the skinny man with ponytail and the plump wife - crazy cat ladies - vehicles - citys - forrests - muscles.

I must sound bizarre but it makes sense in my head. I just need to know if I'm the only one thinking like this. Maybe I have just gone nuts?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by jar11]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
No offense but I at least couldn't follow your logic. Might just be me though
But what you might think that instead of trying to separate those concepts try to focus on the similarities.. find structure that might be hidden from plain sight.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i wouldn't say i am comparing my life to fractals but more like i am starting to think maybe this really happened or .... looking at them in a whole new deeper light.. like they have messages in.... its funny how you said fred and barney because i just watched the flintstones yesterday and haven't seen it in a while and the whole movie reminded me of a time like now... fred gets rich ... becomes materialistic and becomes involved in the crime with out even knowing it because he bought many things... money causes him to fight w/ his best friend and become what he is not... his ego gets the best of him .. etc..

good post ... i thought i was going a lil crazy because i have just recently started doing this and didn't really tell any1.. although i tired to explain to my friends... its funny how something can make so much sense in your mind but when it comes time to make it reality and explain it is hard unless the persons correlate on the same page...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I actually think that some sort of underlying fractal structure is the basis for what we perceive as increasing synchronicity, not to mention reality itself.

Our entire experience can be reduced to a much simpler form - a form that has been expanding, and building upon itself and then twisting and overlapping so much that we're only now being able to see these patterns in our lives. This has been repeated so often and in so many ways that it's becoming difficult remaining oblivious to its existence.

Physical reality, time, and our experience of both are all simultaneously revealing this pattern. I believe the fractal is a spiral twisted so tightly that it's approaching a state similar to that of its beginning - that is, one cycle is closing while another is beginning.

We approach a point where so many aspects of our lives are converging into one single all-encompassing experience. Technology, media, science, spirituality are all merging together and soon become inseparable. Awareness is becoming a planetary entity rather than residing in the individual. A new consciousness is forming. Once everyone is connected, I think that will mark a major shift where this fractal basis turns in on itself and begins a new level of complexity.

[edit on 31/7/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Is seeing life in fractals just a way of compartmentalizing people, object and even thoughts?

I believe we all do this as it seems a very natural way to think.

If I am wrong please school me on the subject.

There's always the chance that I'm just weird.

Have you ever noticed that there seems to be only a certain number of different physical patterns in humans? It drives me nuts putting faces in special categories.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I usually don't do this, but I am just going to say ditto. You explained the concept so well, that I don't need to. I am waiting for the tipping point. But I also remember I am an integral part of the convergence, in multiple ways. I think more and more are seeing this sort of "shadow world" more plainly every day.

Edit: Daggummit, I should have known I would add something. I see the convergence point as "love," a deep and resounding connection truly experienced by all, a true light illuminating the darkness, instead of ignoring it.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
Fred & Barney, yogi and booboo, pen & teller - Michael Jackson/Elvis (falls into fractal time...repeating itself with minor but infinite variables) - people lookalikes Johnny depp/skeet ulrich.. the same but infinitely different - the skinny man with ponytail and the plump wife

To address this specifically, this is the "Red Nose" / "White Face" trope. Best explained by Eric Idle, it's the basis of the class Vaudeville "comedy duo":

A theory put forth by Eric Idle in his recent book The Road to Mars that every comedian can either be classified as a White Face (that is, one attempting to maintain order against all odds) or a Red Nose (one actively promulgating the chaos).

Famous White Faces include John Cleese and Peter Cook; famous Red Noses include Terry Jones and Robin Williams.

It does get tricky, though...

"Steve Martin called me the other day, and said he finally got it. He was a Red Nose masquerading as a White Face, which I thought was a very interesting twist on it.... That's why Steve Martin is so confusing, because on the face of it, he looks like a White Face but he is in fact lovable. So that's why I think he tends to go Red Nosing."

everything2.com...

You are spot-on about the "fractal nature" of metaphoric reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Everyday I see the fractal & spiral(or scared geometry) nature of our universe I see it in everything from rain to human behavior and history. It all follows a grand path or pattern, normally inconceivable by us, but existent nonetheless.
It's the underlying fabric that creates our human reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thats pretty ironic you posted this. This has been happening to me lately. I feel like I am seeing stars or something but I keep seeing black fractals with a bright silver lining. It will only happen for like a split second.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting...Stuart Wilde talks about this I believe...you guys might what to check out some of his stuff out. He also talks about the matrix...not the movie... but the same concept. I've seen a glimpse of it myself.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You'll no doubt love this image then OP.

Pure fractal.

It can be quite life changing once you begin to see things differently.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e24a10428a8c.jpg[/atsimg]

I was zoned out yesterday and saw this and started getting those brainstorm clouds, the relationship between light and shadow was important but my thoughts were too unfocused to keep arriving to conclusions.

Almost opened an important personal door it felt like.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mode402

Theres no denying it. Fractals are everywhere.

www.hawaiiandreams.net...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yep... Same for me. Increasingly every day, I will notice the fractal nature of everything from bugs to trees to me.

Some new revelation all the time.

Not that I have tried them, but I have heard that certain psychedelic experiences reveal this nature of our reality quite obviously and mind-openingly.

Especially hiking in the rocky mountains... something new to explore after each new vantage point is achieved--the fractal is infinite.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Even ATS is becoming a fractal, everything is related but maybe that is spiritual awareness of God, the way it once was for people, man and nature are connected along with the creation being the footprints of God.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Plants look way different during such an experience. If you could imagine them like a kaliedescope.

I had another experience a couple times (not substance related) where everything got super bright and looked like pixels or tiny pinwheels. The first time it happened I tried to sit down and fell and then crawled to the bathroom and puked. Then it happened again a few years later, I was using a public restroom and it started getting bright so I ran out of there but I only made it twenty feet until I dropped to the floor unconscious for about five minutes.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Since my experiences, I have visually seen fractles in my field of vision, transparent 'see-through' and can easily understand from my 'visits' that the entire Universe we exist in, is purely fractle based.

Infinitely small and infinitely big forever, is the way of our holographic fractle based program, called life.

As Arthur C. Clarke once said, Fractles are the only discovery man has made that is truly infinite.

I believe fractles are the programming code used to generate our "Binary" Universe.

Other Universes exist with more than a yes or no system, here it either does happen or it does not, there is no "don't know state".

Octal or Hexidecimal systems must exist, where the possibilities are unimaginable from our own.

Seeing Fractles Everywhere.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Angels are bright and so is heaven and God apparently, if you are not holy enough to witness such things you probably die or feel ill. A bit like the ending of raiders of the last ark.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
God appears to actually be a "Goddess" with lots of blue arms, the 'temple' is very bright and smooth. Having been taken there by the little grining playful tykes, the wait in the temple felt like an eternity. Then an incredibly humbling feeling, like I shouldn't have been there and I was dismissed.

Great journey there and back.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Seeing the world as fractals is seeing things as they are at the base layer. EVERYTHING is a fractal only because fractal mathematics is the native tongue of the universe. Complex structures arising from simple rules, like galaxies. Gravity's only rule is to attract, and dust in space that "follows the rule" (IOW normal matter) and causes galaxies, stars, and all manner of celestial structures to coalesce into what we know as the universe.

It's hardwired into our brains, close your eyes and gently push your eyelids with your palms and the increased ocular pressure will cause your cones and rods to react, and send a signal along the optical nerve. Since our brains operate primarily on pattern recognition, a random stimulation of cones and rods by pressure gets interpreted by the brain as an optical signal and at the same time goes into pattern recognition mode. What we recognize as a pattern is a fractal. Personally I first see a series spirals made of small triangles at first, and i ALWAYS see the same exact pattern the instant it becomes visible. The pattern changes but it starts the same, just like Julia and Mandlebrot sets do.

I have a suspicion that one day when mathematicians finally realize that fractals are what's needed to express mathematically a real working theory of everything in a one line equation. Iteration of a simple rule or narrow set of rules from a simple and eloquent set.

top topics

join