It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O' bama is not NATURAL born. It is clear. Only a fortnight now....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The term "Natural Born Citizen" in the constitution stems from the term "Natural Born Subject" which was used in Britain during the time of the revolution.

A "Natural Born Subject" was anyone born on British soil, regardless of the nationality of the parents. This practice was common to all European countries at the time.

The Framers did not define it, because it was common knowledge at the time.

A Natural Born Citizen is anyone born on American soil.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
OK. I'm back. It was just a small load of t-shirts and socks.

I can talk about a truck!

I saw a truck.
I saw a red truck.
I saw a big red truck.

Each sentence becomes progressively more descriptive.
A truck doesn't have to be red.
A red truck doesn't have to be big.

I can talk about a citizen!

I saw a citizen.
I saw a born citizen.
I saw a natural born citizen.

Why do you not want to discuss the meaning of the word ''natural'' and the way it relates to born identity?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I always assumed 'natural born citizen' to mean anyone who was a citizen upon their birth: On American soil; from American parents (or parent), etc. Everyone else, like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Henry Kissinger, could be a citizen, but never a natural born citizen.

I really thought that was kinda obvious...I guess, to some people, not.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

They are trying to have it redefined as someone born on U.S. soil to two U.S. citizens. This is a bigger battle than it looks. These bigots need to be handled.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by SpacePunk]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

It's simple really, if you are born abroad and come here and become a citizen, then you are a Naturalized Citizen.

If you are born here, you don't have to be naturalized, because your already natural. A Natural Born Citizen.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
I always assumed 'natural born citizen' to mean anyone who was a citizen upon their birth: On American soil; from American parents (or parent), etc. Everyone else, like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Henry Kissinger, could be a citizen, but never a natural born citizen.

I really thought that was kinda obvious...I guess, to some people, not.

Allow me to clarify your argument and leave out extraneous words. The framers of the Constitution did not use words to take up space. They used words to clarify and convey meaning.

Here goes....

You can be a born citizen of America simply by being born in America from a Mexican mother who is alone in America after being impregnated by a Brazilian father on vacation in Chile.
You can be a born citizen of Austria and move to America and legally apply to become a citizen of America.

See how clear that is?
Why do you insist on inserting the word ''natural'' into your sentences instead of just using ''born citizen''?

The original post topic has ''natural'' in all capitals to draw your attention to it. Yet now you want to avoid discussing it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

It's simple really, if you are born abroad and come here and become a citizen, then you are a Naturalized Citizen.

If you are born here, you don't have to be naturalized, because your already natural. A Natural Born Citizen.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by XTexan]

Wrong.

When you go through the artificial process of Naturalization you are being adopted by America because your parents were not Americans.

When you are born in America, from ANY mother, you are a citizen by birth.

When you are born in America to an American citizen mother & an American citizen father THEN and only then are you a Natural Born Citizen, whole, consisting of two parents of like kind, with no wildcard. This was written in the Constitution to prevent dual citizenship/allegiance issues in the office of President.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Citizen Wells

issue of “dual or multiple nationality at birth” is something that Congress may have to wrestle with.

This issue was first brought up in debates on the floor of Congress enacting the Civil Rights Act of 1866.

Rep. John Bingham of Ohio, father of the Fourteenth Amendment, commenting on March 9, 1866 on the Civil Rights of Citizens (42 U.S.C., Section 1982) clarified the first sentence this way:

“Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.”

The Sovereign

11) I believe in the Maxims of Law, Justice, Honesty, Truth, Equity, Reason, Compassion, Allowance, Virtue, Understanding, Responsibility, Forgiveness, Freedom and Integrity. I believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe in the Constitutional Republic that our Founding Fathers envisioned.

12) I do not believe in, participate in, respect nor support usurpation of power, tyranny, oppression, dishonesty, deceit, coercion, fraud or irresponsibility. I believe in consequences for these types of behavior, including restitution, rehabilitation and re-education.

I won't get to much into Comerce law,
but here's an interesting read about military law.
natural born citizen[

[edit on 2-8-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The Democrats are attempting to sneak this past the Republicans.

I believe the Republicans know all about it and are waiting for the right time to take action.

Why else would the Republicans run a candidate that was known to previously poll very low even with Republicans? They saw that the Democrats were considering this sneak play with Obama, and they decided to let it happen. This way they can deliver a crushing blow to the Democrat party and show the entire world how the Democrats tried to steal the show.

It will happen. Just hold on a couple weeks. The Democrats are going to be shown to be enemies of the Republic and they will be powerfully set back by this event. History will show. We must wait for it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

For a birther, you are either confused or stupid. In the spirit of congeniality I will suppose that you are confused. How can someone avoid the discussion of 'natural born citizenship' when they use those very words? Have I been transported to bizarro world?

reply to post by XTexan

The sour grapes birthers want to make the 'natural born citizen' requirement for the presidency to mean that the person must be born on U.S. soil to two U.S. citizens. According to them, at least the ones that want to be honest about their idiocy, a person born a U.S. citizen outside of the U.S. is not a 'natural born citizen'. In their haste to throw Obama off of the bus, they are also willing to throw the children that were born abroad of the U.S. where one or both parents are U.S. citizens off of the bus along with Obama. Their expectation that one must be born in the United States of two U.S. citizens would also throw off of the bus persons born in the United States where one or both parents are not U.S. citizens.

As I said earlier, they would be more honest if they would just say that Obama isn't a 'free white person', and according to the immigration acts of the 1700's that makes him ineligable.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You're dancing all around it, Space Punk!

You don't know what you're talking about do you?

What does ''natural'' mean?

Are you ever going to answer that?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Perhaps my assumption of using confused was incorrect.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The obvious problem with the argument here, is that there are only two types of citizen. Born or Naturalized.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

You're either one or the other because the law only recognizes two classes of citizens, no mythical special 'natural born' or 'native born' class.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There is a new thread someone posted just a few minutes ago with proof Nobama was born in Kenya.
Here is al ink to his Kenyan birth certificate.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Is this really smoking gun of Obama's Kenyan birth?

I don't know.

www.wnd.com...

Posted: August 02, 2009
11:55 am Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – California attorney Orly Taitz, who has filed a number of lawsuits demanding proof of Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as president, has released a copy of what purports to be a Kenyan certification of birth and has filed a new motion in U.S. District Court for its authentication.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The document lists Obama's parents as Barack Obama II and Stanley Ann Obama, formerly Stanley Ann Dunham, the birth date as Aug. 4, 1961, and the hospital of birth as Coast General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya. No doctor is listed. But the alleged certificate bears the signature of the deputy registrar of Coast Province, Joshua Simon Couya. It was allegedly issued as a certified copy of the original in February 1964.

WND was able to obtain other birth certificates from Kenya for purposes of comparison, and the form of the documents appear to be identical.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you want to really take this natural born citizen thing to the Nth degree then only, ONLY pure blooded American Indians can become the President of the United States.

How ridiculous can you get?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

I saw a citizen.
I saw a born citizen.
I saw a natural born citizen.

I can tell that my adversaries still sense a weakness in my argument.
I have the solution. It is a geometric thing.
I had a dream last night that made things clear to me.
I will prepare a graphic presentation and upload it later.
When you see it, you will know immediately that I am correct and that all the pieces have fallen in place.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not to stray too far off-topic, but...

I've attended the DHS-ICE INA 287(g) officer course at FLETC. We were taught how to work "naturalization charts" and all about these topics until our brains were hurting from all of the info.

There are different kinds of USCs, namely "born" (including "jus soli" and "jus sanguinis"), derived, and naturalized.

NOT everyone born on US soil is a USC! There are exceptions, but they are unusual. For instance, if the mother is a foreign national in the US on official business (A1 class of admission), if the mother is a soldier of an invading army, if the child is born on a foreign military vessel in US waters, etc.

If anyone really wants to learn, Lexis-Nexis publishes a pocket field guide, I have one at work, that is probably sold to the public, and is chock-full of immigration law, including citizenship charts.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de7f1361e767.jpg[/atsimg]

The reason for this is so that the parents of the natural born citizen can be known to America. If the parents are both born citizens, then we can have them in the system from birth and we can know more about them in order to get a better picture of who they are and who their child is. We can track both parents and the child as they grow up in America attending schools, joining churches, working jobs, joining other organizations, etc.

If the parents have not been citizens from birth, then we can not know enough about them. They are strangers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join