It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commuters facing £185 'parking tax'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Commuters facing £185 'parking tax'

uk.news.yahoo.com

The UK's first tax on parking spaces is expected to be endorsed by the Government.

Commuters could be charged £185 a year to leave cars at work under the scheme, with the sum rising by 2014 to £350 per parking bay for firms with 11 or more.

The plans would be piloted by Nottingham City Council, the first local authority to express an interest in the idea.

The revenue raised will be used to pay for the expansion of the city's tram network which is expected to be given the go-ahead by Transport minister Sadiq Khan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
And they also did a survey that already begins to prove the negative effects this will have on the UK economy:

Last year, the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce carried out a survey to see which of its members were against the tax.

It found 61 companies were threatening to relocate, while a further 74 were considering partial relocation or were shelving any plans to expand in the city.

They really are trying to ruin the British economy aren't they? What, is this tax supposed to skyrocket the economy?

My guess is companies will find it easier to move abroad if this becomes national.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Soon they'll be taxing air.

What next can we possibly tax, to make the people already suffering from economic downturn even more stretched out?

It's a big game but played with peoples lives. Engineered economic collapse and foreclosure etc etc. As each day progresses, tendrils slinking down amongst the peasants become more obvious to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Goodness, Im getting quite fed up with all these taxes, Really how are they expecting us to live? Eat? With the Bills going through the roof and rents going up...

I dont think it will be to long before the public end up snapping and end up taking action,

I just worry that how are we all going to save for the future with the times we are faced with here in the UK right now?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Stuff like this just gets me so mad!! I have a 120 mile round commute to work each day! Fuel and road tax are crippling enough.

What you'll find is that companies will no longer offer parking spaces and people will start abandoning their cars outwith the work, in housing estates etc, and walking the mile or so to work.

I have no option but to drive to work as I live in a rural area

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Wow. Parking Tax now eh?

Income tax, national insurance, parking meters, speed cameras (arguably tax), road tax, car insurance tax, council tax, redundancy tax, holiday insurance tax, home insurance tax, life insurance tax, savings tax, value added tax, home information packs, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, corporation tax, air travel tax, car MOT's, cigarette tax, petrol tax, alcohol tax, excise tax, stamp duty land tax, stamp duty reserve tax, stamp duty, excessive bonus tax if you ever get one now and you even get bloody national insurance taken of contribution based job seekers allowance (which has already been taxed and NI'd previously!) if you are paid off with a decent amount (over 30k) in this climate which is taxed as well!. You cant even die without paying tax for crying out loud!!

Tax, tax, tax, tax, tax.....

This country stinks.

I predict a riot soon.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with so called congestion reduction! They know damn well that people won't ditch their cars - do they seriously expect people to give up their only means of transport? The alternative is a more expensive, extremely unreliable train service or a filthy bus.

I think the people of this country are proving to the government that we really are ready bend over and take anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I totally agree with you. We are taxed far too much and I am sick and tired of it.
Don't forget the new Carbon tax and with the new 'smart' meters, there will be extra charges on energy. If you do not have the correct insulation and double glazing or you have set the thermostat too high, you will be charged extra.

The way the political system is arranged, it does not matter who you vote for because when they are elected they just do whatever they like.

What can we do to change it ? Perhaps we should start a new political party. One that is bound to a pre-determined maximum tax rate of (lets say) 20 %.

Please don't be fooled by the lie that ''there is not enough money''. The more money they take the more ways they find of wasting it. One battleship, no, lets have six. Six fighter planes, no, lets have fifty etc etc.

It is time to put a stop to this and I just hope we can find a way of doing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Counselors, ministers, PM's and the rest all need that cash to pay mortgages on their country homes don't chya know.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

I don't drive which going by the sound of it saves me a hell of a lot but i gotta say that this country is way over the top on taxes.... way too many..... people are just so stupid over here to let it continue..... what about inflation busting electronic equipment too.... why we have to pay £100 more for a camcorder then over in the USA is beyond me.... why everything is priced way too high over here is beyond me.... Property prices are going up again!! Seems like they just don't learn from mistakes.... the economy will never get better if things keep rising.... another collapse will be on the way before this one is out of the way!!!!

Not to mention all the illegals & Asylum seekers over here.....

What a load of #e.............. i'll be glad when i leave this country for good!!!

EDIT TO ADD: BTW THE WAY, YOU GOT IT WRONG.... IT'S NOT THE COMMUTERS WHO HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS.... IT'S THE COMPANIES WHICH OWN THE PARKING LOT!!!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

join