It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Mothership Over Huge Cloud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure what this is, but I found this video on Disclose.tv.

It's odd looking, but I'm not sure what to classify this. I've never seen a UFO this big over a cloud. I don't think it's a dark cloud over white clouds.

I can already hear people screaming linticular cloud. but I don't see any mountains near it.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've seen this before, I'm pretty sure this is just clouds shaped like a bowl with the sun shining on them from behind.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

1. That is not a lenticular cloud

2. It is what known as a pileus cloud, which forms above rapidly rising cumulus and cumulonimbus clouds, where strong updrafts are present. They often foreshadow severe weather and are good indications of an unstable air mass

www.weatherpictures.nl...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

The sun does not look like it's behind it, otherwise the clouds underneath it would have a slight glow. I think the Sun is coming in at another angle. Look at the bottom part of the clouds and see how dark it looks.

I'm just saying I never seen a cloud formation like it, I just don't know what it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

1. That is not a lenticular cloud

2. It is what known as a pileus cloud, which forms above rapidly rising cumulus and cumulonimbus clouds, where strong updrafts are present. They often foreshadow severe weather and are good indications of an unstable air mass

www.weatherpictures.nl...

I agree about it being a pileus cloud, but look at your pictures you provided and look at the video, its oddly dark and orange at the top.

I'm used to seeing cells forming and clouds building up when a severe storm is brewing. But in this case, I never seen a cloud this color at the top even when a storm is building.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm just saying I never seen a cloud formation like it, I just don't know what it is.

Ditto.

Cool video.

Looks like there's more to that one than meets the eye.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That's a front boundary, you might have run across them at some time during your life, they bring either warmer or cooler weather, or rain. Since when are clouds motherships?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Looks like the the giant ships from Independence Day when they are first arriving

But anyways, i agree with the posters above me that it is a cloud. It looks like you can see some sunlight peaking through in some spots, and lighter shades of the cloud throughout.

Weird looking and impressive, but its also explainable.
No alien mothership

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think this same pic has been discussed before and OZ explained it as above.
No ufo here folks.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
I'm used to seeing cells forming and clouds building up when a severe storm is brewing. But in this case, I never seen a cloud this color at the top even when a storm is building.

With all do respect, Ive been observing weather for 5 years now, as a proffesion. Ive just finished a 3 and half year stint working in Darwin, northern Australia, which is part of the tropics.

On average, we get 90 days per year with thunderstorm activity. Believe it or not, Ive seen colours like this, and some even more spectacular on numerous occasions. Its not uncommon for sun to be captured high up on a cloud when the sun is low or even below the horizon. On one occasion, when we had a severe storm approcahing, the sun was below the horizon, and the entire area was shrouded in an orange glow, apart from the top of the clouds which actually glowed bright yellow.

And before someone labels me as a skeptic, Ive had my own UFO expreience, (you can check my threads) and I do have a strong belief that something out there exists. Its just that (from my professional point of view), that I know a pileus cloud when I see one.

[edit on 31/7/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just to try and place the Sun. Is it sitting at 00:37.

What if the sun is behind that cloud though, as that is what it looks like to me. It, just to put it into a differing view, looks very "hot". I have seen other "cloud" UFO's (and personally am quite unsure as to idea that they may be UFO's).
As to me, and I have no knowledge on cloud formations, it is highly unusual looking especially in comparison to the links that have been provided for other cloud formations, and to be honest it still doesnt really strike me as being a UFO.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

That's been discussed extensively in a previous thread.

It's a cloud as per OzWeatherman's explanation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I know 100% this isn't a mothership. The ship would be so heavy that everything under it would be crushed from atmospheric pressure.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Oz is right.

Just a natural wonder, looks amazing.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I gotta say...we get some pretty extremem temperature changes in alberta, from the chinooks to the ones more north where temperature drops like 15 degrees in an hour, and i've never seen a cloud like this.

Imagine independance day had it right lol.

that's just really a cool vid. In my mind, i don't know if that cloud is any less weird than aliens lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Push the button and take the DVD of ID4 out and step away from the TV.
Go for a nice long walk and enjoy nature in the real world.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I don't think it's a mother ship... looks natural, but it's scary as hell, that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Its amazing and without Oz contributing I might of well been swayed. However, Oz has proven credibility and is a professional sometimes you just have to listen to those who know.
Cracking what nature can pull out of the bag though.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
yeah this thread can be closed now.... definitely a cloud.. there is a country called Wyoming in the centre of the United states (the rest of the states don't claim this one). You see odd clouds like this all the time there. suppoed to bring one hell of a storm. I went there for pioneer days (or something like that) and there were two days of clouds like that without a drop of rain.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is it like this one.
Two electric lightning craft and a bird, or cloaked dark craft,
fly off to the right.
Then the biggest black ship ever seen.

ED: He has more dark and sparky fliers:

[edit on 7/31/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join