It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus actually reveal name of the 'antichrist'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

TESTING THE FAITH
Did Jesus actually reveal name of the 'antichrist'?
Viral video makes Hebrew word connection to latest White House occupant

Posted: July 30, 2009
9:50 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

For centuries, many have wondered about the identity of a biblical leader who will do Satan the devil's bidding, trying to thwart the plans of Jesus Christ shortly before His prophesied return to Earth.

That character has come to be known as "the antichrist," even though the Bible never uses that word to describe any single person.

Now, after endless speculation suggesting Presidents John F. Kennedy, Franklin Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush could possibly by the End Times Bad Boy, there's a new viral video placing the current occupant of the White House into the club.

An American Christian has produced a brief film for YouTube that connects one statement by Jesus in the Gospel of Luke to President Barack Obama.

His 4-minute video focuses on the direct quote: "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven." (Luke 10:18)

"When I started doing a little research, I found the Greek word for 'lightning' is 'astrape', and the Hebrew equivalent is 'Baraq,'" said YouTube contributor "ppsimmons," a self-described Christian with a theological education and many years in the ministry, who spoke to WND under condition of anonymity. "I thought that was fascinating."

As he continued looking into the rest of the words in the phrase, he focused on "heaven," and found that it can refer not just to God's dwelling place, but also "the heights" or "high places."

He then recalled Isaiah 14:14, where Lucifer, another name for Satan, is quoted as saying, "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

"I wondered what the word 'heights' is," said ppsimmons, "and I looked it up in the dictionary, and it's 'Bamah.'"

Thus, on the video, the announcer notes, "If spoken by a Jewish rabbi today, influenced by the poetry of Isaiah, He (Jesus) would say these words in Hebrew ... 'I saw Satan as Baraq Ubamah.'"

"Gosh, was Jesus giving us a clue or was this just a freak coincidence?" thought the filmmaker at the time of his research.

www.wnd.com...

Don't get mad at me, I just thought it was interesting.

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I won't get mad, but this is entirely anti-obama slander, at it's best, which is religiously.

I'm sure enough if we fold the dollar enough times, we'll see obama in it looking like himself but with horns.

I don't give that much credit to obama. To be the anti-christ.

I also don't believe in an anti-christ, go figure.

I'd pass this along with as much respect as nibiru. It's a rivetting story, yet absolutely false.

But hey, we're making progress, Bush is no longer seen as the anti-christ, it's now obama, their finding his name in scriptures. lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You already have a post concerning this same tripe.
Starting another one will gain you no more credibility than the first.

Not only is this patently transparent slander but really becoming as redundant as it is outlandishly ridiculous.

peace

[edit on 31-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing thread, thank you

Thread Closed

top topics

join