It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Amsterdam, Fox News Disinfo...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Me, I was born and raised in Holland; lived there till I was 18.

I was disgusted and really upset with the first part of this video,
but then the last part was just awesome and made my day!

Go to Amsterdam. See for yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The posturing of those Fox idiots is very annoying.

Thank goodness for the simple facts at the end of the video. Simple statistics like that are fatal to that kind of bluster.

And yes, I've been to Amsterdam a few times and I absolutely love it. It's a very deeply cultured city and the Vondelpark is wonderful in summer, great science museum, lovely architecture, great vibes.

If any American swallows that Fox tripe whole, they're an idiot.

CX

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Amsterdam is a beautiful place.

Theres a lot more to it than the drugs and sex that the place gets labelled with, but Fox are so blinkered that they wouldn't realise this.

Maybe there is some crime in Holland. There is everywhere. Yet if Fox were as "fair and balanced" as they like to spew they are, wouldn't they have balanced that report with the nice things about the place?

Typical Fox.

CX.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yeah i've seen this video at geenstijl..I wonder if Bill ever took a trip to Amsterdam, if he does we should make a bachelor [carnaval] attraction of him for women in the Bananabar, while he's on Rohypnol everybody in the room gets a huge strap -on..hehe welcome to Amsterdam dirtbag...

But serious, "free love, free drugs" damn did i missed something here?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

i bet you when bill get home he puts on an old nazi uniform and opens meinkampf and reads it out loud to his family before dinner.

anyway , i was under the notion that bill was not a news anchor but a commentator ,

he dosent read news , he just comments them and its a hugh differance between the two.

bill is a prime example of how the first ammendment is not to be used ,

to spread lies.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yeah we love you bill...

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I really REALLY cant stand propaganda! Holland is a wonderful place, and far from being a cesspool with crime out of control! I've visited Holland more than ten times and every single time, I have loved the place, the people are the nicest people I have ever meet from any other country, drugs are NOT out of control run by gangs! In fact it is extremely difficult to acquire a license to sell "grass" (not sure about prostitution). I think many countries could learn a lot from the Dutch, instead of pushing drugs underground and criminalising the user, EDUCATE your country with FACTS!

When I was younger I was told that drugs were extremely dangerous and ruin your life even after one smoke of a joint. Obviously, children such as myself rebelled against parents and tried it anyway, and found that it didnt ruin your life. Once someone has been caught out lying, you wonder what else they have lied about, and WE ALL KNOW POLITICIANS LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH, its their job, after all.

Anyway without ranting anymore, I do appreciate that some drugs are bad, and any kind of abuse is dangerous, such as getting too drunk, taking too much aspirin, or even drinking too much water can all be fatal, but instead of exaggerating and outright lying about certain things, tell the truth, be honest and people will respect you and your words, and will take the necessary precautions. Treating young adults like 3 year olds only causes the young adult to rebel.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I lived in Amsterdam (right on Singel Canal near Adam Centraal) for about 14 months and I really enjoyed it!!

And that Fox news report was 100% incorrect. Surely America(ns) isn't/aren't that naive...???

WHen I lived there, it seemed like the *only* people that used drugs were the foreigners - specifically the Brits, the Yanks and the Canadians. Sure, there are some seedy places in Adam, but every city has that.

The sex industry was regulated, the cannabis could only be smoked in certain areas - you couldn't walk down the street puffing away.

The public transit was fantastic, the trains were reliable and fast (didn't like the smoking carriages as it was just a haze of blue smoke, but at least there's a choice). Sure, you have to be careful of the vast number of push-bikes as they're everywhere (as you can get knocked down if you don't stay on the designated pavements).

The countryside is beautiful and green. And the women are immesurably better looking than anywhere in North America on average.

Some things take getting used to, like the public grey-urinals which can be a bit nasty depending on the time of day

But all in all, Adam, along with Utrecht and especially Amersfoort (my fav!) are great places, full of life and people and some really nice sites and museums.

I think Fox News has done an incredible disservice to the American audience -- they took stereotypes and decontextualised situations and cultural differences and turned them into shock/horror reporting.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well Amsterdam is a nice place and it does have its seedy side as you all well know but to say its a cesspit of crime is laughable. The entire clip was laughable. I think America needs to address its own issues on drugs before crititsing other governments on how they handle their own affairs on drugs. Not to mention PORTUGAL where thay have actually legalised drugs and spend more money on the social issues rather than enforcing broken policies like that of the usa.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Fox news is such a joke.

Enough said.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Fox news is such a joke.

Enough said.

this is such nonsense, Do people believe this. Amsterdam is a great place, Ive had so many great times there, never found the free love or free drugs. maybe they knew I was a tourist.

and just to add a funny little vid on Fox

[edit on 31-7-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Fox News people and especially Bill O'Reilly make me laugh everytime i watch them..They have no clue about anything ..My opinion and i see that i am not only one , who thinks Fox News is the most disinfo channel...Countless times i saw stuff on their news that is not even close to reality..its llike they live in a bubble..no wonder american s are ignorant...i mean ..no offence..there are many americans now who woke up ,but there're still enough who have no clue what the world is all about. Whenever Fox News try to bilttle an issue rather then give facts, they spew connotations of insults like they are about to laugh at a joke, hoping that the public pick up on their body language & laugh with them.

Anyway ,i'm digressing now..lol...i lived in Amsterdam and of course like in any other city and country there is oragnised crime and some corruption but i m glad that the last part of this video made things a bit clear for the people who have never been in Holland. And speaking of coruption, the most organized crime you 'll find it in governments anyway...

Amsterdam is a beautiful city with more than weed and redlight...

Oh and BTW legalising marj. shouldn t be such a big deal..in fact you would be surprised how many people in Holland have never smoked pot...but i assume prescription drugs are more safe than weed...
.anyway that's a different issue ..i won t het into this now...

conclusion: Use Fox News for entertainment and not for info..

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was wondering about this, and I've concluded these guys and women aren't merely ignorant, I think they are willingly lying, and willingly spreading disinformation.
They act as if they've done research or as if it's common knowledge but obviously they're spewing tremendous bull excrement.

Anyone who's been there can tell you as much, as shown in the posts so far.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Living right next door to Holland and have been there and to the Dam numerous times

The missus and me will be visiting the Dam soon for our 10th wedding day aniversary.

And it was her that came up with the idea

The Dam is a grest funky place especially the flea markets.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psynarchist
I was wondering about this, and I've concluded these guys and women aren't merely ignorant, I think they are willingly lying, and willingly spreading disinformation.
They act as if they've done research or as if it's common knowledge but obviously they're spewing tremendous bull excrement.

Anyone who's been there can tell you as much, as shown in the posts so far.

I think you are right Psynarchist. This looks like a willing smear campaign. The people who make the most money out of the War on Drugs (TM) (ie, the police, politicians and people who build prisons) hate Amsterdam as it is proof you can have grown-up drug laws and still have a lovely, vibrant city.

Sure, the red light district of Amsterdam is pretty seedy, but that makes up about two blocks of the city. I felt a hell of lot safer walking through Amsterdam at night then New York, LA or London.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It seems that what most Americans who are all about taking away civil liberties don't understand is the more laws you make that take away personal freedoms, the more crimes you create. People's actions are a direct result of the laws that govern them. George Washington grew cannabis for God's sake.

new topics

top topics

join