It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does This Red Line Mean Danger?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have been following earthquake activity for about a year and a half now, using whatever sources are available on the internet for up to date information, expecially the USGS site. I noticed today, a red line drawn on this one map, it is visible traveling along the area of Peurto Rico, across South America, around the west coast up to alaska and over toward Japan, you cannot see it all or where it all goes. It is not following the regular fault lines, in some areas it does, but others I don't get it! What have they drawn here?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Better look quick, usgs has a way with taking down pages, if someone could post the image that would be great, I am at work and not able to post pics from here.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Under TIPS it says "Bold red lines are plate boundaries. White lines are roads."

Is that what you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Accroding to the map legend the red line marks part of the eastern boundary of the Pacific Plate.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

This is interesting - as I watch the quakes as well.
I have never noticed these lines before.
Anyone out there ever notice these?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Are these the plate boundries? In some areas they are running, I would agree, other areas, no way. And as long as I have been paying attention to these same maps, I have never seen them outlined like this.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How many of you quake watchers have ever clicked in on usgs and seen this particular marking?

new topics

top topics

join