It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's always been worthless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
with everyone hand wringing over the economy, and all that bull, anyone actually realize how you're essentially panicking over something that has always been meaningless?
the economy we've been obsessing over for generations has no real worth, you can't eat it, it won't keep you warm, all it is is a system to kep track of wealth, that's it, and the wealth is also worthless, money has no value in reality, we scam ourselves into thinking it does, even gold is next to useless, it's too soft to make anything useful, and really is only good for decoration. Jobs, are nothing more than a means to an end, the end being so that I can get some worthless money, to give to someone to get what i want, I get fired, or laid off, I just get another job, it really in't that hard, even right now.
All a job is, is person A, oesn't want to do task B, so offer's a deal to person c to do it for them, quite often that deal is in worthless money, that person c, can then go and maybe trade in for something usefull.
Let's say you're someone who plays along with the game, you get a job you really don't want, to get eices of paper that have no actual use or value, to give to someone else for something you yourself want, or want done.

that's it, that's your economy.

I've personally never been effected by recesions, unemployment, etc, I grow my own food, generate enough power for what I need, and see jobs as a means to an end, the end being that I have enough useless paper to give to someone for an item or service I am too lazy or knowledgeable to do or make myself. ith has thee benefit of leaving me almost totally unconcerned weather I made an idiot boss happy or not

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
While I admire you in certain ways, not everyone is able to do what you do. A person who depends upon medicine to live (I'm not talking anti-depressants here, but people who genouinely do: Transplantees, people on Dialysis e.t.c) are dependent on "worthless money" in order to survive. Of course there are many instances where this is the case, but health being the most glaring.

Your self-sufficiency is a great tool, one that I wish I personally had, but I suppose I'm too busy playing the game.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

You are so right.

If we were not enslaved to money and still used the barter system we would be doing something we loved or were good at instead of providing tptb the means to accrue more power and 'money'.

This has been the plan all along and we fell right into it all the while thinking how fortunate we are.

It is a hard thing to wake up and realize the position we have allowed ourselves to fall blindly into.

Congratulations to you for placing yourself in a better position to be self sufficient than most of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There is an old Zen tale (similar variations are told in other traditions around the world) where a young monk says to the master, "I have realized that nothing really exists!" The master whacked him over the head very hard with the training stick and said, "If nothing is real, then tell me, what is it that hurts right now?"

Yes, the economy and money can be considered a "consensual hallucination" in many ways, but the root of the matter is that we are fleshy beings, or perhaps more properly, "negetively-entropic entities." That is, in order to exist within our bodies, we must feed, shelter, and care for them. This involves the acquisition of ENERGY and MATTER in various useful forms. Since these useful forms are limited (often painfully so), we must devise a system for distributing such necessary resources.

The current system has worked less violently, more fairly, and less disturbingly than most of the other systems that have been proposed or tried, although its never really been perfect. Perhaps now its dying and a new system will have to emerge...that, too, is part and parcel of the ever-shifting ebb and flow of history. But to merely discount it all and turn your back on it is ultimately to turn your back on all of society if not life itself. Perhaps a limited form of this is possible for some people in certain situations, providing a convincing illusion of detachment, but in the end some sort of SYSTEM needs to be in place to distribute resources among the six-point-whatever billion of us.

To close with another old Zen saying: "Words are not just blowing breeze." This saying reminds us that words have MEANING, and that the realm of the ABSTRACT, while it cannot be touched or smelt or tasted, has very extreme real-world consequences. Money and the economy fall into this realm of the abstract, and without reverting to a state of animality, this realm will always be with us in one form or another.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

How do you produce your own power..how much do you produce.. and what do you use it to run?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
And how to pay your taxes on the land that you purportedly own? Or are you one of those who don't pay taxes?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

You had said..."even gold is next to useless, it's too soft to make anything useful, and really is only good for decoration"

The majority of the chips in your computer use gold as it's about the best electrical conductor. Whats that mean ? Microprocessors allow you a computer the size of todays PCs vs a vacuum tube computer of the same computing power would be about the size of a two story house.

Deny Ignorance

new topics

top topics

join