It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current House Health Care bill gives benefits to illegal aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, it looks like there is a good chance that you will be paying for health care for illegal aliens. The current House bill practically guarantees it:

www.numbersusa.com...

You know we are in trouble when the supporters of a massive taxpayer health benefit giveaway to illegal aliens say the current House plan is just right. The authoritative ROLL CALL publication says Hispanic Caucus Members told it confidentially that the Caucus told Speaker Pelosi not to change a thing because as written illegal aliens will get the benefits.

CHC Presses Pelosi to Include Illegal Immigrants in Health Bill

-- Headline about CHC (Congressional Hispanic Caucus) by Jennifer Bendery in the Roll Call newspaper (July 24, 2009)

Interestingly, the article also says that CHC Chairwoman Nydia Velázquez (D-N.Y.) said that only "documented immigrants" were discussed.

But the reporter got quite a different story from other CHC Members who talked off the record.

A CHC member, who requested not to be identified, said the group is urging Pelosi to ensure that everyone — including illegal immigrants — will be able to receive services . . . 'We’re pushing to include everyone in the health care bill. Everyone,' said one CHC member.

-- Roll Call

One representative tried to enter an amendment that would specifically prevent illegals from receiving health care benefits, but the motion was defeated:

www.numbersusa.com...

House Committee Votes Against Preventing Health Care Benefits to Illegal Aliens

Rep. Nathan Deal (R-Ga.) offered an amendment to the House Energy and Commerce Committee this morning that would explicitly prohibit illegal aliens from receiving health care benefits under the health care reform bill (H.R. 3200). The amendment was narrowly defeated 28-to-29 after two Blue Dog Democrats on the committee voted against the amendment.

If you don't want to pay for the health care of illegal aliens, call your rep tomorrow, Friday, before they go on their August vacation.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well a good way to stop illegal immigration is to keep corporations FROM HIRING THEM.

Make it illegal. Our immigration policies benefit corporations and no one else..not to mention our horrible trade policies that make any recovery next to impossible because of NAFTA....yet NEITHER party talks about that do they...

That is the problem. Eliminate corporate influence in our government or continue the thievery of working legal americans.

Look at who it benefits...not who it is hurting..as w all know who this hurts.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Obama will leave no issue untouched.

If he is successful in passing healthcare, immigration will be the next issue he gets Congress to tackle. Might as well give them healthcare now because they will be entitled to it later anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Another method is..to call up yuor lcaol immigration or ICE office and give the heds up
Its illegal for for any employer to retaliate agaisnt you, under law. Of course, if yuo work in retail like i do, what goes on behind closed doors, wheres thiers no MIC is another problem all its own,..unless yuo carry a small rcorder in yuor pockets as evidence.
I wonder why congress wnats this so badly? All i can think of, is becuase they fovro the cheap labor. Illegal immigrants step on us citizens, marry us to gain residency. Background checks do not owrk..prior ot 9/11 they did. Bill clinton signed tthat NAFTA superhighway in, and it appears tons of illegals enter and god knows what else is on thier. Ise susepct tthat of terrorism!
I dont necessarliy have anyting against illegal immigrants..but damn in a recession..it would realisticlly not be fare, for someone like me, a hard worknig taxpaying honest person, who g ets bent over by uncle sam too often, loose my job, so someone who entered here illgaly and evaded paying taxes! gets the promotion...
sorry congress, thats allyuove taught me...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I wonder why congress wnats this so badly? All i can think of, is becuase they fovro the cheap labor.

IMO, it is to use them as a scapegoat or distraction. As Americans are busy complaining about illegal immigrants receiving benefits and taking jobs, Congress can concentrate on other agendas that are equally or more controversial than the immigration issue. Waste no crisis.

The cheap labor is overseas and that is exactly where many high paying US manufacturing jobs are going. Ask Congress what they are doing to reverse this trend and you will start hearing them say that immigrants are taking away American jobs.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I do have a propsal...jsut an idea. COngress wants a new program? round up as many illegal immigrants as they can for evading taxes. Cant pay up, jsut like hte rest of us, automatic deportation... fair is fair. If us we citizens can be mistreated like crap form congress, why should illagal latinos be exempt?
ph, and yes..dont buy from corporations anymore. in fact, steel their products, so it hurts thier profits. jsut dont get caught

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The lone crime of crossing the border ain't that bad. So your scared of paying taxes for giving these set of people health? It's better than half of the things our taxes do.

Why you gotta be greedy.

Don't be greedy

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0
The lone crime of crossing the border ain't that bad.

Actually, it is. It's against the law, so why should my tax money go to paying for their healthcare???

Originally posted by stevedel0
Why you gotta be greedy.

Don't be greedy

I worked for that money; I have the right to be greedy. As greedy as a pig.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Your tax money should go to paying for their health care so you can stop being a greedy little pig. All the bad things that occur in this world happen because of that attitude.

The law is just a blind faith. You really think someone crossing the border is really bad? There are so many things that are against the law, that everybody will technically break the law, even if they dont know it. Try to imagine a world with a society at its most basic and raw form. You wont find governments trying to screw with other governments. You wont find soldiers killing each other without reason. You wont find borders.

There is no such things as a right, just choices. Be a greedy little pig if you want. Its your karma.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I wonder why congress wnats this so badly?

Today's illegals are tomorrow's voters. They have already been granted free tuition and drivers licenses.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok so I am really trying to figure out what this all means and this thread is as good or bad as any other.

can someone please explain to me what the problem is without any supposed conjecture?

What do we know about the real pros and cons of this issue?

What is all the talk about partisanship and their lies?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Today's illegals are tomorrow's voters. They have already been granted free tuition and drivers licenses.

Actually, today's illegals are last year's voters:

n 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden­tial vote margin in Florida in 2000. Indeed, the Cen­sus Bureau estimates that there are over a million illegal aliens in Florida, and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has prosecuted more non-citizen voting cases in Florida than in any other state.

Florida is not unique. Thousands of non-citizens are registered to vote in some states, and tens if not hundreds of thousands in total may be present on the voter rolls nationwide. These numbers are significant: Local elections are often decided by only a handful of votes, and even national elections have likely been within the margin of the number of non-citizens ille­gally registered to vote.

Yet there is no reliable method to determine the number of non-citizens registered or actually voting because most laws to ensure that only citizens vote are ignored, are inadequate, or are systematically undermined by government officials. Those who ignore the implications of non-citizen registration and voting either are willfully blind to the problem or may actually favor this form of illegal voting.

www.thecuttingedgenews.com...

It is no secret that the VAST majority of those illegals voted Democrat in 2008. Obama and the Dems in Congress have no desire to end the flow of goodies to illegals. After all, it's one of the reasons that they are re-elected.

Also, asking your reps to stop illegals from being hired will fall on deaf ears, since many of them, especially the California delegation, hires illegals for farm work and household work. Pelosi hired illegals for many years.

top topics

join