It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Airforce to release UFO footage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That's a very good article!!! It debunked every single explanation that has had media coverage...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That's a very good article!!! It debunked every single explanation that has had media coverage...

George Knapp is the man...He's the same reporter who just broke the story of the close-up satellite photo's of area 51.He has always tackled controversial subjects and seems undeterred/unintimidated by the usual ridicule and problems that many members of the press undergo when tackling such issues.Great reporter.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hi:
you will have to read a lot of articles in "spanish"....but you can start here:
www.astroseti.org...
....These people seem serious and do a lot of SETI stuff (?)...check google by selecting :
ovnis mexicanos
There are lots of places, most debunk the story. some photos
It was a UFO....but no green men.....
The mexican skies are very boring.......Oh yes, Mexico has an industry of OVNI books, magazines, novels, etc....... Its a big thing there.

If you don�t read spanish......try using Altavista.com oline translator, its translated by machine but its readable.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm reading it, according to that article, it could be true, or it could be plasma balls (based on the link in the text) which I really doubt, because of the apparent intelligent movement of the lights, and the altitude by which they were flying. The article it links to also is mostly trying to ridicule UFO researchers, one of the dumbest ways to debunk anything IMO, which limits it's credibility.

I found another article attempting to debunk it. There's a last claim underneath that it's secret U.S. airplanes... BUt then Mexico should be able to file a complaint against the U.S. for illegaly flying over their airspace.

www.biocab.org...

And here's another page with more information (in Spanish)

www.ovnis.tv...

And don't get me wrong. I never said it was aliens, I'm open to the possibility, but I'm open to the possibilty that it could be secret U.S. airplanes . Btw, it's been debunked as the reflections of the instrument panel also

[edit on 17-6-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Over here in Europe, the presitigious German Newspaper, Die Welt, has a small article today saying that the sighting has now been explained as oil well flames... Talk about jumping the gun! There is an ongoing investigation and the press just can't wait...

The Mexican DoD has not come to any conclusion yet and will be conducting tests with flights over the area to see if they can get similar FLIR registrations, among other things. Has not been done yet...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
as their reality crumbles the sceptics explanations just become more and more bizzare
plasma balls, oil fires, sure they all fly in groups of three and are invisible to the naked eye. Perhaps its some new species of birds with a cloak?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I loved the scientist who tried the 'military flares' angle.Gee,these must be the new INVISIBLE military flares.Keep trying guys.

kix

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sorry for not seeinfg this thread but I think that as a MExican I can shed some more info on this subject.

1. At the transcript when they say Carmen they mean ciudad del Carmen that is in the gulf of Mexico east of yucatan peninsula and its a fairly big city.
2. The Mex Air Force main goal is Anti drug smugling, and federal aid in disasters (we have lots of choppers because or terrain) and our "attack" force is a lone F5 squadron, also they work with meteorologists for weather prediction.
3. They recorded the "event" and were baffled by the activity and the movement of the Objects. In MExico is quite often that we see UFOs (myself twice beyond doubt).
4. Airlin e pilots are often scorted by UFOs on their way to land on some Mexican airports, on their contract ( a private one) they agree not to "talk" or do anything about sightings or weird phenomena.
5. After the "event Jaime Massan was contacted by Mex air force officials because of the extensive "contact" Jaime Maussan has been researching UFOS (OVNIS in spanish) for more than 20 years and has a TV program all saturdays that has a very high rating in MExico and Central America.
6. Jaime Maussan copied the tape and since there is no law in mexico prohibits the use of info by civilians, Jaime gave it to Televisa that dis a very dateiled analisis on the tape.
-there were 16 objects flying, some of them disapear and reappear, all of them flying at 300 plus in formation through the clouds (in a poblated area).
7 The tape was Aired as the main news of the day and had to be repeated 3 days vecause people wnated to see it.
8 Afterwards the naysayers were at full blast so the minister of the air force had to stop all extra showings.
9 there was no panic and most of us in Mexico commented that it was cool the goverment released or let the video be released.
10 Maussan Said that he is in good terms with the MEx air force and they will contact him if anything as or more imposrtant happens in the future.

So there you have it....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Excellent...Keep us posted if you hear anything else on it Kix.Mexico is a hotbed,and it obviously doesn't have all the disinfo and ridicule factors that the states employs.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The Belgian government fully disclosed its data on UFOs with the public after the Belgian UFO flap in the 90's. Just because it is footage of UFOs does not mean they are extraterrestrial in origin either.

Damn...beat me to it...

Still, this bears some looking into....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix
Sorry for not seeinfg this thread but I think that as a MExican I can shed some more info on this subject.

1. At the transcript when they say Carmen they mean ciudad del Carmen that is in the gulf of Mexico east of yucatan peninsula and its a fairly big city.
2. The Mex Air Force main goal is Anti drug smugling, and federal aid in disasters (we have lots of choppers because or terrain) and our "attack" force is a lone F5 squadron, also they work with meteorologists for weather prediction.
3. They recorded the "event" and were baffled by the activity and the movement of the Objects. In MExico is quite often that we see UFOs (myself twice beyond doubt).
4. Airlin e pilots are often scorted by UFOs on their way to land on some Mexican airports, on their contract ( a private one) they agree not to "talk" or do anything about sightings or weird phenomena.
5. After the "event Jaime Massan was contacted by Mex air force officials because of the extensive "contact" Jaime Maussan has been researching UFOS (OVNIS in spanish) for more than 20 years and has a TV program all saturdays that has a very high rating in MExico and Central America.
6. Jaime Maussan copied the tape and since there is no law in mexico prohibits the use of info by civilians, Jaime gave it to Televisa that dis a very dateiled analisis on the tape.
-there were 16 objects flying, some of them disapear and reappear, all of them flying at 300 plus in formation through the clouds (in a poblated area).
7 The tape was Aired as the main news of the day and had to be repeated 3 days vecause people wnated to see it.
8 Afterwards the naysayers were at full blast so the minister of the air force had to stop all extra showings.
9 there was no panic and most of us in Mexico commented that it was cool the goverment released or let the video be released.
10 Maussan Said that he is in good terms with the MEx air force and they will contact him if anything as or more imposrtant happens in the future.

So there you have it....

Great post!!! Thanks for the info!
I have the whole video downloaded at home...it's really fascinating!!!

SMR

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Does anyone have links to the video yet?
That mexican UFO researcher wants mad money for the DVD

I have only seen what most have here except the video.Only images and articles.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Does anyone have links to the video yet?
That mexican UFO researcher wants mad money for the DVD

I have only seen what most have here except the video.Only images and articles.

Hello all,

Jaime Maussan is showing his real interest in UFO's....MONEY!
You can buy the "history" for $350.00 Mexican Pesos $30.00USD

Visit: www.homolongevus.tv...

Translation with: babelfish.altavista.com...

Visit my investigation results in:
www.alcione.org...

Best regards,

Capt. Alejandro Franz
[email protected]
www.alcione.org
(non-profit)

SMR

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So you are suggesting that they are seeing oil riggers at night?
Are you also suggesting that they KNEW they were seeing/filming oil riggers?Thus,they created this hoax?

I did some reading on your site and it is alot to digest at once with all you have there.So will read more later.My eyes see nothing but green red and blue lines now

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
LMAO@oil well gas flames.These must be the first gas flames in history that can outmaneuver a recon plane,and flank it,while staying in a tight formation several thousand feet in the air.Some of the stuff the debunkment crews come up with is a riot.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sorry, I withdraw this statement that they aren�t looking toward the Gulf of Mexico. I guess the real question is if the FLIR could be viewing oil rigs over 50 miles away.

Thanks to global positioning it shows the Latitude and Longitude of the plane in the video frame. If you can�t see it, save the picture to disk and zoom in to see:
Latitude: 18 degrees 28.16 minutes
Longitude: West (negative) 90 degrees 35.84 Seconds

Now to look it up on a map I�ve converted it to degrees in decimal rather than minutes and seconds by dividing the minutes by 60 to get:
Lat: 18.4693
Lon: -90.5973

For your convenience I�ve entered this into MapQuest here:

MapQuest Mexico UFO location

Edit: after further review withdrawing statement

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Correct me if I am out of line here, but I remember reading that the black and white video is in actual fact Thermal imaging camera in nose cone of the aircraft as the objects didnt show up on radar.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm 50/50 on this right now. It looks convincing in some ways but to me it looks like the objects could be stationary.

An example:

Watch the video at the link below and pause it when the first IR pic of two lights comes up (or about a minute in, when you see the two lights together after it has shown the camera on the bottom of the plane.) This is the first thing you see after the advert. If you look at the top of the picture, you can clearly see some kind of town or ground based installation and possibly the edge of a coastline.

www.10news.com...

The position of the town seems to indicate that the plane is looking down on the two lights. The two lights also seem to hold a stable position relative to the town which would indicate they are not in fact moving. Take a look and tell me what you think.

The second thing which had my interest piqued was the angle readout next to the long/lat readouts at the bottom. I have no idea what this is (so if anyone does know, please clue me in) but i would speculate that it is a readout of the angle at which the camera is pointing.

I really don't know about the camera rotation, that's just speculation.

Any thoughts on it?

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
After reviewing frame by frame - It is either one object or stagnent objects on the ground. Factoring in the view of the clouds, I believe, it's objects on the ground.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow.. alot of feed that cannot be acessed now.. toobad.. i wish u guys would drop a copy of the clips, if possible, on the edonkey network and spread the ED2K link, that way the files would virtually never get lost...

Anyway i got a FOX report on the subject where an expert says that the government is about to announce a major disclosure on the whole UFO phenonema.

Get a client from the eMule site

Here is the ED2K link:
ed2k://|file|Fox%20News%20-%20Mexican%20UFO%20Disclosure%20May%2012th%202004.mpeg|20016712|DFBC483AD1DA163477FAFC1B56E1CA8E|/

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join