It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Democrats Have No Financial Sense!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
More evidence that Liberal Democrats either have no financial sense or their goal is to bankrupt the country. God forbid that if we do have nationalized healthcare that we do it in any kind of financially responsible way. The Blue Dogs, moderate Dems, even realize that nationalized healthcare will bankrupt the country in its current form. Our country is in 10 trillion dollars of debt not even counting Social Security liablilities that we cannot cover in the future, so why shouldnt we try to be financially responsible?

Source

One day after House Democratic leaders struck what was seen as a breakthrough deal with a handful of key moderates, the liberal wing of the party lined up Thursday against the compromise.

Fifty-three lawmakers from the Congressional Black Caucus, the Progressive Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus have sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and key committee chairmen formally opposing the deal that House leaders struck with a group of fiscally conservative Democrats known as Blue Dogs.

The letter, written to express their "opposition" to the negotiated deal, called the agreement "fundamentally unacceptable" and a "large step backwards."

"We're going to fight this with every effort that we have," CBC Chairwoman Barbara Lee, D-Calif., told reporters Thursday.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow, the dems are split? Say it isn't so.

Any who, no they don't have any financial sense. Health Care reform just ain't going to happen, the party that has the majority is too split up.

I noticed another problem, why are their two black caucus' and a hispanic caucus?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Fox news is reporting that Democrats are bad.

Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I noticed another problem, why are their two black caucus' and a hispanic caucus?

I was wondering the same thing, and why are they the only ones against it? I didnt want to bring it up because then I would be accused of being racist.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The article didnt say anything about the dems being bad. It said that the dems were in disagreement because the liberal dems were throwing a hissy fit because they moderate dems got what they wanted from House leadership.

Basically the Liberals, as always, are mad because they are limited by things like money. I guess they havent realized that you cant keep spending money you dont have forever without consequences. The only thing I can attribute that too is that they either were rich and spoiled rotten as children or they grew up poor and on public assistance where no one had to work for a living.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.

then again, so is the "Jesus wants it this way" brand of right wing thought too.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Well I do agree with you on that one.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Liberal Democrats Have No Financial Sense!

And Conservative Republicans do?

Now ask yourself why that is. Are they really that stupid?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yes conservative people do tend to me more fiscally conservative, and yes Liberal Democrats are either that stupid or they are intentionally trying to bankrupt the country.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Would you kindly explain to me the unfunded war on terrorism the last 8 years then?

Better yet, could you explain the debt that was created under Reagan as well?

Do these not count to you or are you willing to set them aside to fit your own political bias?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Would you kindly explain to me the unfunded war on terrorism the last 8 years then?

Better yet, could you explain the debt that was created under Reagan as well?

Do these not count to you or are you willing to set them aside to fit your own political bias?

Gladly. You dont put your whole country at risk because you dont have the funding set aside for a war. We didnt have the cash laying around for WW2 either, but it didnt mean we shouldnt defend ourselves.

Even while fighting 2 wars and paying for Katrina Bush only created a deficit of a little over 400 million dollars in 8 years. The rest of his deficit was created by TARP, which was probably a bad idea. Since Obama has taken office the deficit has soard to 2 trillion dollars just for this year. That is even before his Health Care Reform and/or Cap and Trade have passed. Wait to see what the deficit looks like after either of these pass, and God help us if they both pass.

Reagan was wrong for running up so much debt. I didnt say all Conservatives had financial sense, just generally. Granted you could make a case that there was a reasonable long term strategy behind his spending, but I still think it was irresponsible.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Gladly. You dont put your whole country at risk because you dont have the funding set aside for a war. We didnt have the cash laying around for WW2 either, but it didnt mean we shouldnt defend ourselves

We put our whole country at risk from meddling in the middle east for decades for control of oil for the corporate elite.. They didn't just decide to blow up the towers for the hell of it. We brought it upon ourselves....and now we have traded the lives of over 5000 American soldiers...and countless innocent civilians....for the 3000 lost on 9/11.

is that a good trade off for you? Do you feel safer? Do you feel this war will ever end? Do you realize the war is completely unconstitutional? Btw...BUSH did nothing to actually protect and defend the country itself. Our borders are still naked and the only thing that was enacted was the freakin Patriot act...another highly unconstitutional law.

Even while fighting 2 wars and paying for Katrina Bush only created a deficit of a little over 400 million dollars in 8 years. The rest of his deficit was created by TARP, which was probably a bad idea. Since Obama has taken office the deficit has soard to 2 trillion dollars just for this year.

What? Bush's 2 stimulus packages alone were more than half a TRILLION dollars. Not to mention he has presided over the massive thievery being done by the federal reserve while he was in office causing this gigantic bubble. I can't believe you're defending him to be honest.

Who does the war really benefit? Who is making money off of it? I know it's not you, me, or anyone else. We are all losing our asses on something that will never be won and will most likely bankrupt us all...just as it did the Soviet Union.

Always look at who benefits from any government action....never look at who it hurts....and then you will find out the truth.....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

We all need a steady oil supply, not just the global elite. Try driving your car to work with a tankful of syrup one day.

I cant believe you can say it is our fault that they blew up the towers. Did we make them do it? NO! They chose to do it because they disagree with our political views and way of life. I guess we should live how they want us to live and it wouldnt be our fault. That is ridiculous!

As far as my numbers go for Bush, look them up. The tax rebate was offset by increased revenue from the economy growing.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

We all need a steady oil supply, not just the global elite. Try driving your car to work with a tankful of syrup one day.

You think I don't know this? So what is this about to you then? Is it about 9/11 or your precious oil?

I'm glad that you are willing to trade innocent lives of children, women, and soldiers for your gasoline.

Quit trying to justify the deaths of innocent people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You are the one that brought up oil. This thread has nothing to do with any of that. It is about how Liberals dont have any sense of money. What do you think will happen to this economy if the Liberal agenda plans for Health Care Reform and Cap and Trade pass?

If we get those you wont have to worry about oil, because none of us will have money for gas after we pay the extra costs of those two gems.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I cant believe you can say it is our fault that they blew up the towers. Did we make them do it? NO! They chose to do it because they disagree with our political views and way of life. I guess we should live how they want us to live and it wouldnt be our fault. That is ridiculous!

THEY CAME FROM SAUDI ARABIA. Why aren't we attacking them? Why are we in Iraq when they didn't have WMD's? WTF man.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

Our borders are still completely unprotected and you think blowing up innocent people to kill a few terrorists is keeping us safe? It backfires...it hasn't worked the last 8 years...and it won't work the next 8 either.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think you have it backwards. It takes money to save money. Once the health care plan gets implemented it will end up saving everyone money. Conservatives say if you can't afford health care you don't get it. Die in the street after being hit by a car, we don't care. They are also the one paying wages like it was still 1980. They have you nuts in a vise and they don't want to let go and will fight any change to the death. You are all being snookered and have no clue that it is happening.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I hate to point out that the last time this country had a balanced budget was under (gasp) Bill Clinton. In fact Clinton maintained a balanced budget until he left office, at which point George Jr. went on a mad spending spree.

Bill Clinton was about as liberal as a Democrat can get.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Oh cmon.. Bill Clinton turned out to be pretty moderate if you look at the things he actually did while he was President. I actually liked him.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't want to hijack the thread but Bill Clinton was governor of my state for over a decade before he became POTUS and I assure you, he was as liberal as the come.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join