It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Example of Why We Must Destroy Muslim Extremists!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Girls and the girls headmaster receive death threats for just trying to get an education!

If we let Muslim extremism continue to spread then they will crush the rights of women and take countries back to the Dark Ages. This is just ridiculous. Why shouldnt a girl deserve to be educated.

One morning three months ago, he says, he was greeted at the school in West Kabul not by students -- but by an angry mob of nearly 40 men and boys.

“They started stoning the windows and the door of the school,” Royesh says. “They were shouting … they want Aziz, and we want to kill him, and we will execute him.”

The Afghan National Police arrived, but the crowd continued shouting death threats at him, into the evening.

Royesh's "crime"? He lets girls attend the same school as boys.

When Royesh opened the Marefat School in Pakistan, his native Afghanistan was ruled by the Taliban, who denied basic rights to women and girls under their strict interpretation of Islam.

We must destroy these Muslim extremists before they are allowed to spread their crazy ideology!

[edit on 7/30/2009 by grapesofraft]

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

It really would take a book worth of commentary to address just half of the plethora of ways you are mistaken in both premise and statement.

Quite a name you're making for yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's like watching the village idiot running around naked on a full moon.
Only it seems the full moon is every day.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to OP by grapesofraft

Your OP said :
This is just ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more, or, I guess as they say on the other side of the 'pond' -

Spot on !

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"We don't agree with it so lets destroy it"

You are doing the very same thing they are.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

How am I wrong? Do you really want people to have to live under the rule of a bunch of lunatics that dont even think a woman is worth an education and they threaten to kill little girls for trying to better themselves? Name one thing that would be good about being ruled by the Taliban.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The problem with some muslims (not all), is that they live according to ancient traditions of their religious memory. Religions have been created to better dominate and control the masses. Often, we are unable to understand certain beliefs from other cultures and beliefs systems, and they're not always what we'd expect as "normality".

I do agree however, that all humans should be treated equally, no matter what their gender or race is. Education is very important, for everyone. It should become a universal right.

But, on this planet, humans have a problem. They live by some code that lets emotions get in the way of their daily lives. That code is what some would call "polarity of consciousness". That polarity stems from thousands of years of manipulations and influences, that prevents humans from evolving to higher states of consciousness. We need to realize that humans must achieve perfect balance between their soul, mind and spirit. This perfect alignment is the only way to achieve conciousness.

As long as humans will rely on the memory of their own race, they will continue involving instead of evolving.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
"We don't agree with it so lets destroy it"

You are doing the very same thing they are.

I agree. I am doing the same thing that they are. This is how the world works. They have an ideology that I disagree with and they will refuse to change it. I have an ideology that they disagree with and I refuse to change it. Somebody has to come out on top, and I dont see how it would be good to live under the Law based on a strict understanding of the Koran. So if we want to let people live their lives without being beaten down by a bunch of lunatics then we should do whatever is necessary to remove them from power and to keep them from getting more power.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Great idea, blow them up but what about the other extremists?

I don’t understand why the Arab haters insist on blaming the world’s woes on Arabs, people that post these things really mean that we should destroy all Arabs and thus the nut jobs use that to grow their ranks.

If I were an Arab I would be worried, when Jews do this sort of thing people like you are nowhere to be found, I wonder why?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

I am not talking about Arabs. I am not even talking about all Muslims. There are examples of people supporting the Taliban and other similar ideologies that are not Arab.

My problem is not with Arabs or with Muslims. My problem is with any group of people that would try to hold back a whole society based on their crazy belief system.

How could it possibly be good for society to threaten little girls that want to get an education? Is that the world you want to live in?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
to the people criticizing the member who started this thread- all he is saying is that islamic EXTREMIST should be destroyed. Notice he is not saying that all muslims must be destroyed, or that Islam is an evil religion that needs to be eradicated. He is criticizing the extremist of the group; not the GROUP as a whole.

It's like criticizing christian extremist for beating up homosexuals, and then get accused of spilling hatred over all christians. Although destroying the extremists is a little too much, we can all agree that the extremists really are a problem for the progress of that nation.

and the OP is right, Islam as a whole is a religion that needs to become a little more flexible for our changing times. Christianity and Judaism are successful these days because they have somewhat changed the rules their followers can live by. They are not as oppressive as they used to be and that is why so many people change to those religions.

I'm an atheist who dislikes all religions, but even I can see that Islam has not changed compared to the other two abrahamic religions. What needs to be done is to try to reason with the extremist and make them change their ways (if possible). Islam would not be demonized by so many religions if only they changed some of their rules like the christians did.
in fact, Islam could gain even more followers if it allowed women to gain equal footing with men and if the people under this religion could have more freedom to do whatever they pleased.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

Thanks for your very clear understanding of my point. I do agree that if by talking we can get them to change their views then that would be best. However, if talks fail they must be contained or destroyed in order to prevent them from spreading into other countries.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oboy, an extremist smackdown. I wonder if this will be featured on MTV?

Christians vs. Muslims for world domination....... and a lifetime supply of Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. ahhh, progress.

Okay, Grapes, now that I've had my nightly snarky fix sated, I have to tell you...... your thread would've been better received without the sensationalized title. Destroy? Where does a group/government/culture draw the line at who crosses into the extremist zone?

I'd hope that we're all better than that. If a person wants to live within such laws and cultural rules, they can go to such a place. I agree that it's unfortunate for those born into the "life", but that's only my own perspective, having been born into the American culture.

I am against changing current laws to allow wiggle room for such practices in nations that don't already do so. If current legislation is observed and enforced -- at least in the U.S. -- then it's a nonissue.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

Agree with your points, and you laid them out well.

I object to the "destroy" part, and think that is a perspective IF Grapes really believes that, that is more akin to the 'extremists' than different.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

So you are saying that a group of people that would rather kill little girls than give them an education is not extreme. How is that not totally extreme. Look their are good, peace loving Muslims out there, but when you start holding back your entire society to the point that thier lives resemble something from the Dark Ages, then you are an extremist.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

When do we move on to destroying christian extremists before they are able to further spread their dangerous ideology?

We must stop them from killing doctors who perform perfectly legal procedures.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Nope, I'm not saying anything like that. I'm saying that your ideology is not much different than the people you are castigating.

Are you sure you want to stick with and defend the "destroy", or would you like to discuss ways in which these crimes against humanity can be mitigated?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath

When do we move on to destroying christian extremists before they are able to further spread their dangerous ideology?

We must stop them from killing doctors who perform perfectly legal procedures.

Well last time I checked when we catch people for killing abortion doctors we put them in jail.

I am all for ridding the world of any extremists who try to hold back the progress of their society to the point that they want people to live in the Dark Ages. That is just crazy!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Ok well I already said earlier that if we can talk it out that would be better. However, do you really think you can reason with these lunatics. I will agree it is worth a try though.

Well how would you go about mitigating this type of behavior?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If you mean that, then we should just get rid of all religions correct? I gladly agree.

Christians are just as bad as muslims. No better, no worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join