It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Programming: Strong Perfume Prompts Panic at Texas Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

MSM Programming: Strong Perfume Prompts Panic at Texas Bank

news1800.com

David Goodhue - AHN Reporter

Fort Worth, Texas (AHN) - In what authorities are calling "contagious fear," more than 30 people were taken to the hospital in Texas after a woman sprayed strong perfume in a Texas bank.

Read more: www.allheadlinenews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sales of that perfume are going to go through the roof once it's disclosed.

It's funny how so many people over-reacted... 34 taken to hospital, 12 by ambulance!

All of this from a spritz of bad scent.

I'm sure listening to possible reports of chemical attacks for the last 10 yrs didn't help the cause...

news1800.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This kind of Mass Hysteria is precisely what happens when the government and MSM use fearmongering tactics about an invisible enemy, and then go so far as to tell everyone that your neighbor might be amongst the invisible enemies ranks. People start panicking and finding terrorists and acts of terrorism everywhere instead of using some common sense.

It's stories like this that make you want to do a face-palm and claim you are actually an alien from outer space and not related in any way to these people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, it was Texas after all. I don't think something that stupid would happen any place else in the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
LOL! I personally hate perfume it makes my eyes water and stuff, I guess I'm just alergic to something they put in most perfumes.

I however have never freaked out or anything lol. I've never been sent to the hospital over it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
People who spray on perfume and cologne in public spaces are jackasses.

You can literally send someone to the hospital for real with an asthma or allergy attack. Plus - it smell disgusting.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wait a second!

The Bank reported it as a Carbon Dioxide leak to the Fire Department?

CO2 has no scent!

CO2 commonly is in our air and is non-toxic until it reaches 50,000 ppm which is almost impossible to achieve in a large building with doors that open. It is definitely impossible if someone had merely opened a window.

CO2 poisoning results in the symptoms of drowsiness and increased pressure on the lungs and eventually death from suffocation. The cure for toxic CO2 exposure simply involves moving the victim to a well ventilated space where the O2 (oxygen) level is higher than the CO2 level...meaning take them outside, not to the hospital emergency room!

It wasn't just the patrons who were stupid but the Bank Employees and the Fire Department as well!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Well, it was Texas after all. I don't think something that stupid would happen any place else in the world.

Except WA maybe
Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't believe this story
it's too far-fetched

ya they gave numbers who cares
even WHO gave fake numbers on the first group of numbers of deaths of swine flu, over a thousand too much????????

forget it
I don't believe it

I don't know what purpose this article serves but it's very skewed imo

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I agree man...

Shouldn't this be common knowledge for officals?

It's common knowledge for most of us common folk, let alone (un?)educated Firemen.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You got a star for that?
I hope it was Satire?

When I lived in Idaho we had a Budweiser plant nearby. A truck hauling dirty water from the plant to be spread on a field had a hose fitting break and it spilled onto the highway. The water was harmless and would even be safe to drink. It was from rinsing hops.

By the time it hit the media, a Mobile Home Park had evacuated and people were in the hospital complaining of all sorts of illnesses. Of course nothing was wrong with any of them from exposure to potable water. It was all psychosomatic.

An excitable woman at the park had seen the spill and ran around the trailer park telling people there was a toxic spill and caused the whole mess. Her and another person even sued. Of course it was laughed out of court, but these people really thought they were sick

I'll bet this happens all of the time. It just takes one paranoid person to set off a crowd. Happens here on ATS nearly every day.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Are you sure that the reporter got it right when he wrote that the bank reported a carbon dioxide leak? Is it possible that it was reported as a carbon monoxide leak?

We had a newspaper columnist state that flags were being flown at half-mast for Michael Jackson in an Alberta town. They were actually at half-mast as a sign of respect for a former Governor-General of Canada who had died around the same time.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I hate it when people have to wear so much scent in public.

Why don't they just roll in their own urine?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ba140868c6.gif[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join