It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Army National Guard Puts Military War Machines on the Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I particularly love the last line of the article.

A Springfield-based military police company will be training with a new armored vehicle in the area this week.

The Illinois Army National Guard says training with the new Armored Security Vehicles will start Thursday and run through Sunday.

Staff Sgt. Daniel Becker says the vehicles were designed to keep soldiers safe. They have the safety features of other vehicles on the road — like turn signals, brake lights and headlights — but the driver's view is limited by the armor.

A licensed trained driver will be along for the training this week.

The vehicles are large, but only require one traffic lane.

Becker says people shouldn't be afraid when they see the armored vehicles on the road.
www.sj-r.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

So they are designed to protect soldiers, since when do military vehicles need turn signals and brake lights lol?

Funny stuff, more like a test run to see how they will do in public American streets.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The WWII jeep had a brake light.
The M151 had turn signals
Since the article does not mention what the 'armored vehicle' is (uparmored Humvee? Armored M35?), we don't know what it might be. Seeing as how most journalists are idiots when it comes to military equipment, it is likely an uparmored wheel of some description. Tempest in a teapot.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i looked at the artical for the website but no picture of the vehicles. can you post one of them. im in the military and can tell you what the national guard is doing or using

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The National Guard is extremely limited on training space. A few hundred square feet of armory is about all any company gets.

There arn't training cities for National Guardsmen to go to on a regular basis- they have to make the trip to an Army post or a national training center to get anything like that. They need training in urbanized terrain, environments that simulate where they will most likely be deployed to. So what is the solution?

Ask your town if you can train there.

When I was in the guard the city I was based in donated several abandoned or otherwise unused buildings to us for training use. We would conduct armed tactical movement through a heavily populated American city and assault a building, complete with vehicles, blank ammo, and pyro. Nobody seemed to mind, and we would sometimes get spectators. We even did air insertions by helo on several occaisions.

Were we training to institute martial law and hunt down those on the "FEMA black list?" No, we were training to deploy to Iraq.

And as for lights on military vehicles- the only vehicle that I can think of in the Army inventory that does not have all the indicator lights that your normal car has is the Abrams, and all its missing is the turn signals.

The vehicle mentioned in the article is the M1117 Guardian ASV. MPs use them in Iraq. If you're interested, you can read all about it here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by I think Im normal
reply to post by MOFreemason

So they are designed to protect soldiers, since when do military vehicles need turn signals and brake lights lol?

Funny stuff, more like a test run to see how they will do in public American streets.

I like it especially when some ignorant jumps to conclusions and proves how ignorant they really are, all while trying to "dislcose and uncover" some super top super secret government project. Did I mention it was super?

I encourage you to visit Google Images and search for images of HUMVEES, APC's and various other armoured fighting vehicles, and in fact even MBT's.

I think you'll be shocked when you see they all have lights of various kinds on them, be it turn signals, brake lights and head lights.

ZOMG they've been planning a military take over since like for ever and ever.

Mountains out of mole hills..

new topics

top topics

join