It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Ga. officers accused of running check on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

2 Ga. officers accused of running check on Obama

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BACKGROUND_CHECK_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-07-30-17-16-16]hosted.ap.org[/u rl]

DECATUR, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities are investigating two Atlanta-area police officers accused of using government computers to run a criminal background check on President Barack Obama.
Edwards would not comment on possible punishment for the officers but said there are multiple factors to consider, including violation of internal department policy and a possible criminal aspect related to invasion of privacy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What really gripes me about all of this is that on any traffic stop or suspicion they can run a criminal check on the average person, but you cannot run one on the POTUS?

How is it a violation of privacy rights if the information is public record?

How could it be illegal to do a background check on the POTUS and yet not be illegal to do one for a job or bank loans?

I guess my biggest issue would be why are they so concerned about covering up his past and scaring people in to not wanting to dig it up?

Seems odd to me.

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BACKGROUND_CHECK_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-07-30-17-16-16]hosted.ap.org[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
never mind missed the other post some how. mods delete please.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The officers might be guilty of a violation of internal department policies, but Obama is a public figure, (some might say the most public figure in the world) and as such, does not have the same expectation of privacy that a private citizen has.
There is no reason, other than violating department policies, that would prevent an officer from running a background check on Obama, any member of his administration, his "czars" and any member of Congress.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing thread found here.

Closing thread.

new topics

top topics

join