It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Unusual 100-Degree Heat Forecast for Northwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

SEATTLE — It may not be quite as hot as Wednesday, but the National Weather Service is forecasting more 100-degree heat in the Northwest.

Forecasters say some marine air may start to cool off the region Friday, but above-normal temperatures are expected into early next week.

An excessive heat warning is in effect Thursday in the Puget Sound area and parts of southwest Washington and the north interior of western Oregon.

And a heat advisory is in effect for parts of Eastern Washington including Yakima and the Tri-Cities and the eastern Columbia River Gorge.

All-time records highs were set Wednesday with 103 degrees in Seattle, 104 in Olympia and 96 in Bellingham. Portland topped out at 106 degrees, 1 degree shy of its all-time record.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I live in the Pacific Northwest on Vancouver Island (that's a bit northwest of Seattle), and it has been really hot and really muggy here. In fact, you can see the moisture in the air almost the way that you can see the pollution in places like LA.

Hopefully it cools down soon!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Im here in oregon, and its so hot outside, all I can do is stay inside and discuss conspiracy theroies online. Thats how hot it is.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here in sunny Florida, I work in the hot weather outside all day! I look forward to the late afternoon / early evening showers that come almost regularly!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
remember what Australia went through last winter with all the forest fires and high heat? I had a feeling the Northern Hemisphere would be in for it this summer.

Unfortunately it's just been weird here in the Great Lakes region. Hot spells early, then cooler than normal, dry when it should have been rainy, and now rainy when its normally dry.

This is one "cycle" of weather change I haven't experienced before in all my long years.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is just not right! We moved from Texas to Western Washington to get away from the heat. I used to not believe in HAARP being capable of messing with the earth until the history channel explained how HAARP messes with the ionsphere and used the heatwave in California I experienced as a child as an example. I fully believe this weather is caused by those awful machines. From what I learned about the HAARP program, I think it is causing our normal weather to go around us and cool down the midwest. It's probably why they are having almost fall like weather right now.
I just don't know if we can take anymore 100 degree temps with our two fans and no ac in the house or car.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Well even though this is an older thread I think it is important to address your post from 2 years ago as what was abnormal has now become the norm.

The entire country has been hit with a swath of extreme temps along with humidity in the midwest which has caused significant and serious concerns.

At what point do people simply adjust and consider this the norm?

I found this thread while wishing to discuss the extreme heat for the US over the past month. I realize it is summer, but man it just seems to be going on far too long without any breaks or rain to cool us down.

new topics

top topics

join