It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Truck Driver Crashes Into Pool While Texting, Talking on 2 Cell Phones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

LOCKPORT, N.Y. — Police said a Buffalo-area tow truck driver was texting on one cell phone while talking on another when he slammed into a car and crashed into a swimming pool.

Niagara County sheriff's deputies said 25-year-old Nicholas Sparks of Burt admitted he was texting and talking when his flatbed truck hit the car Wednesday morning in Lockport.

The truck then crashed through a fence and sideswiped a house before rolling front-end first into an in-ground pool.

The 68-year-old woman driving the car suffered head injuries and was in good condition. Her 8-year-old niece suffered minor injuries.

Sparks was charged with reckless driving, talking on a cell phone and following too closely. It couldn't be determined Thursday morning if he has a lawyer.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Oh my gosh, I couldn't stop laughing after reading this! :lol

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Wow. What a dolt.

I'm glad that the woman and kid were okay!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Odd timing for this article. A family friend of mine owns a metal fabrication business. One of his main employees a female office manager who had been with him 10 years was riding to work a week ago on her pedal bike. A man either texting or on his cell phone driving a truck, rear ended her bicycle and she was killed instantly.

The guy called police, waited at the scene and fully cooperated - clearly distraught about the tragedy.

Two days later, the guy and his wife died in a car crash that investigators deem "intentional". He commit suicide after what he had done. What we haven't been able to figure out is why he brought his wife with him. But I assume it's because he didn't want his wife to go through the pain of losing him and everything else that would have come with his death. Maybe she knew what was going on, I dunno.

Regardless, overall a total tragedy. This guy in the article is lucky he didn't kill someone or himself.

new topics

join