It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Licking Your Fingers!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am sorry, but I just have to rant about this.

STOP LICKING YOUR FINGERS!!!!!

It is SO disgusting when you go to the store, the doctor's office, the bank, etc. and people lick their fingers when counting your change, thumbing through your paperwork, etc.

This spreads germs and disease.

Don't people realize that I may have just come from the men's room and not washed my hands before handing you money? (I always do wash my hands, but some people dont.)

Why would anyone want to touch money or papers after I touched them, not knowing where my hands have been, and then lick their fingers to wet them to count the change or turn the page?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by craig732]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Germs/bacteria are needed to keep your immune system strong and in check.Nothing wrong with them,many are also needed for you to live and stay healthy.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

So what...I'm more concerned with the one dollar bills that have been wedged between an unclean strippers butt cheeks.

Not that I have anything against dancers...I don't. I love em

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've worked Cash Vault for several Banks before, handling in excess of 3-4 Million dollars in paper currency a day. Money is very dirty. The fibers of US Currency is able to hold a large quantity of dirt, oil, bacteria, drugs, and far worse things. Matter of fact, although the Influenza virus can only survive no longer than 5 minutes on your skin, it can live up to 15 days in the fibers of paper currency! However, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus cereus, and Salmonella are far more likely to be found in significant quantities in paper currency.

On the positive side, the metals found in coins are actually quite sterile.

Needless to say, I never licked my fingers while handling currency...nor would I ever consider doing such.

And I guess for people who lick their fingers when turning pages, that's why medieval monks would put Vitriol on the pages of cherished manuscripts! Maybe we should consider doing the same today.

Seriously, if your fingers lack the proper amount of oils to provide enough of a grip on the paper then at least use a moist sponge, or an adhesive, or even finger condoms.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by Solomons

So what...I'm more concerned with the one dollar bills that have been wedged between an unclean strippers butt cheeks.

Not that I have anything against dancers...I don't. I love em

We're kind of going out on a limb here. It seems like stereotyping to group all exotic dancers in to the 'unclean butt' crowd.

I was in a meeting the other day and this guy was digging in his mouth with his hand, like he was looking for treasure or something...when the meeting was over, we were all supposed to shake hands. Ew.

Yeah, we have to be exposed to germs to keep us healthy, but yuck.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

yeah...I'm not stereotyping dancers. I said "an unclean" not all dancers are disgusting. I used to dance when I was 18. But just think about this...
Dancers that are female...more than likely have a period once a month. Lets say they use tampons, then go pee. Then they take the stage and get bill after bill slipped through their thongs. You don't think those bills are going to get a little pee, a little blood, a little bit of the pooper on them? Come on. That's just nasty. Money is gross. That's why I like to use my debit card. I don't stick that between anyone's butt cheeks. Maybe not 100% germ free, but it's hella better than dollar bills. Sorry to be so gross about it, but it's reality and it happens on a daily basis.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Ventessa]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Sorry.... forgot the [/sarcasm]

Yeah....no butt money for me please.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

lol, yeah. But I'm not trying to discourage any one from tipping them...they have to make a living too...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Ventessa]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Dancers that are female...more than likely have a period once a month. Lets say they use tampons, then go pee.

Oohhhhh....you were talking about female strippers!

Well...yuck.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Agreed, nothing more disgusting then watching someone eat and lick their fingers, ewww, that's a major pet peeve of mine, just turns my stomach!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

OMG.. I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. I am never stepping foot in a strip club again. You have cured me.

Also, I will never touch money again. You guys have grossed me out. Sometimes it is good not to think too much about certain things and where they have been.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Sorry. Reality bites. Don't stop going to the clubs... Sometimes B@@bs in the face can be very therapeutic. Maybe the next time you go...you can find a new, less disgusting way to tip the girls

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Boobs in your face can be theraputic. That is why instead of going to counseling I just have a girl come to my house each week and perform for me. That way I replace all my bad childhood memories with images of naked women.

Of course, I pay with a check so as not to spead disease.

Ok and one more really gross thought to add to the list. Lets just say the stripper also had sex right before she came to work.

Alright well I just caused myself to heave.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lmaorof. yeah. Don't put the bills in your mouth when you tip either... Just a suggestion...because yes...some people do that.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You Are So Right...

And I for one pledge to spit on my fingers instead of licking ever again.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

LMAO, damn people are gross. I am starting to feel sorry for the poor strippers having to deal with all these gross people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Meh. I don't feel sorry them. They make hundreds of dollars a night. I'm sure they'll get over it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That is good to hear. I wonder if they get any satisfaction knowing that the dollar bills they are handing the cashier were in their butt crack just a few hours earlier. Also, when they buy $200 worth of groceries do they have to count out 200 disease ridden $1 bills?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Actually, having danced before, the ones are a pain, and are usually taken to a bank and exchanged for larger bills, or exchanged at the club.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Ahh that makes sense. I always wondered how they made it though life when all their money was in $1 bills. So did you enjoy dancing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join