It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Ghostly cell phone image creates buzz

www.wpri.com

EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - The phones lit up at a Rhode Island radio station Thursday morning after a listener came forward with a quite unusual cell phone picture.

The Lite Rock 105 listener, Kasey, said she took a cell phone picture of her 22-month-old niece, Penny, while babysitting last week. After looking at her photos, she noticed what appeared to be an older woman standing behind Penny. However, she said the two of them were alone in the house when the picture was taken.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lite105.com

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm interested as to what ATSers make of this. I'm intrigued that as one commenter on the site said the 'ghost' bears a striking resemblance to the little girl; almost an image of how she would look in the future. Of course she may also bear a strong resemblance to her dead grandmother. I find the resemblance between the girl's eyes and that of the figure behind her particularly striking.

www.wpri.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hands down, that is one creepy photo. I'm not sure I've ever seen a ghost photo where the apparition appears so opaque and detailed, and colorful at that; that's one reason for me to believe it's a composite image. You never know though...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
it's one of those pics if you didn't know the story you would say it's a relative,i'm not sure what to make of it,it's creepy if the story is true.imagine if your the parent & you see that.very creepy

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I do believe in ghostly apparitions, even though I am a skeptic at heart...but I wanted to say that prior to what I am about to say next...

Just how do you suppose light actually reflect off the retina of a ghost? I didn't know that you had to use red-eye remover on photographs of ghosts just like you use on photographs of humans!

How exactly does sunlight reflect off the skin of ghost and create a shadow off the cheek, nose and eyebrow of the ghost?

Intentional Hoax or an accidental Composite Image is the only question here in my book.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Does the picture not seem small and out of proper proportion? It just seems more of the old lady should be in the picture, as if half as been cut off.

Of all the ghost photos I have seen, unless this one is fake, I find it to be the most intriguing. www.angelsghosts.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Dunno what to think about it...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
interesting but you know it looks so clear that i have to call BS.. as much as i want to believe it... cause i do believe in ghosts..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Some years ago i took a photo of my new television set whilst it was switched off. I was alone in the room at the time. When i viewed the photo shortly after i could see myself taking the picture reflected in the tv screen (as i would expect) but what i DIDN'T expect to see was a figure behind me looking directly at me. It was very human looking but NOT human in my opinion.
I should probably have kept the photo but destroyed minutes after seeing it, it shook me up that much!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just because someone says that there was no one in the room, doesn't mean that there wasn't anyone in the room. I see a cute little kid with some relative behind her.

King - I don't know if you attached the wrong picture or what, but the one you attached is a picture of a tree or a large branch in the middle of a stream. It is fairly easy to make out if you save the picture on your desktop and edit the brightness and midtone. At least that's what I see in the rectangle outlined in the picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Call me gullible...but I believe. I think the veil is thinning, technology is getting faster and more powerful and we can catch things that we usually can not see with the naked eye. I believe it because it looks like the great grandmother...only younger without the wrinkles and her expression is so loving. She and the girls look exactly alike also ...this is her GG watching over her! children in my family have always experienced this...not photos but seeing passed on relatives when they were very young.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Just because someone says that there was no one in the room, doesn't mean that there wasn't anyone in the room. I see a cute little kid with some relative behind her.

King - I don't know if you attached the wrong picture or what, but the one you attached is a picture of a tree or a large branch in the middle of a stream. It is fairly easy to make out if you save the picture on your desktop and edit the brightness and midtone. At least that's what I see in the rectangle outlined in the picture.

Hey I should have included the site.

www.angelsghosts.com...

Go there, they have the image cropped and lightened. It clearly looks like a young girl with 1 leg lifted towards her chest so that she can do something to her foot. Looks far more convincing as that than as a log to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
this is all in the eyes i would put a months wages on the fact that they are the same person or very closely related (i only do eyes i know nothing of incept dates, i only do eyes!!) on a serious note tho' the eyes are from the same person id put my life on it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If this is a fake it's a very, very good one and one that took someone a lot of time. Did you notice that you can see the rest of the facial features between the strands of hair on the little girl? You can see the other eye, most of the mouth and the other nostril. You have to enlarge it quite a bit. I just don't see how this could have been photoshopped in, look at the photoshopped one on the radio station website it much flatter and the hair strands don't overlap with the face. Also, I honestly don't see how this could be a composite either because of this detail BEHIND her hair strands.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

If you enlarge it enough you will see that the colored part of the eye on the person in the back is wider (thus making the black part bigger) than the colored part of the eye on the little girl. Also, the eye socket is puffier, older looking.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I never realized that a ghost's eye would reflect the light / windows just like the little girl's eye.

Blow it up and look the lighting is in the same places

I smell attention getting here

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Im in 2 minds about this. One part of me thinks that "ghosts" ARE physical beings and as such do have attributes that are characteristic of any other human properties such as eye reflection, shadow casting, skin tones etc. There could be many forms of Ghosts and more is probobally known about the Moon than the study of Spirits.

But the other part of me is also compelled to shout fake, as ive seen 3 ghosts before, and none of them were even as close to being as physical as this. Could simply be a mother wanting some easy cash and bringing in a relative/friend in for the ride.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I find it odd that the dress she is wearing appears to be the same as the one she is wearing in the old photo, same colour, similar pattern (hard to tell since we can't see too much of it) and same V neck.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I guess the lighting in heaven, or hell, must be exactly the same as in this lady's room. Both the old woman and child are being illuminated by the same light source. Quite interesting for a being who was presumably not solid when the picture was taken. Furthermore, whoever that other person is, they were asked to sit on their knees or on a chair to have their face in the photo.

Sorry folks, but that is not a "ghost".

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan

Dunno what to think about it...

Is there any word as to weather the family recognise the 'ghost'?

I know they are supposed to be closer to kids, and girls esp... So something in me would like to think that's real... Maybe if they saw a dead grandma??

I dunno - it's so easy to spend hours making an image like that - I'm inclined to have a go cos my PS skills are pretty basic right now... But I know the whisps of the girls hair would be hard for me to make look real.

Where's the PS 'experts'?? Who's in charge of the search light that puts the ATS logo on the night clouds??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join