It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Dan Sherman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Dan Sherman was an "intuitive communicator" for the USAF for nearly 3 years. This revelation is in Dan's self-published book, ABOVE BLACK - Project Preserve Destiny (PPD), Insider Account of Alien Contact and Government Cover-up. In his book, he speaks of his training, things he learned from his alien contacts, and the events that lead him to seek a discharge from the United States Air Force.

After serving over 12 years in the United States Air Force, Dan Sherman has been recognized for heroism, has been decorated with the AF Commendation Medal, the AF Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters, and the AF Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters. He has also been honored for service in the Persian Gulf war.

Sherman has said, "Preserve Destiny is only one of many alien projects that I suspect the US government, as well as other governments, are heavily involved with. In releasing to the public what I know, I have tried to take a stand against the keepers of the grey flame within the sacred halls of the NSA, CIA, USAF, NRO and other agencies. Hopefully this will open the door for other insiders to peer through and feel more comfortable stepping out into the light of day. If not, 'they' will continue to suppress the most fascinating aspects of our own existence... that others exist!"

This statement implies a heavy cover-up and conspiracy within the halls of the United States Government, so ATSNN asked for an interview to find out more about his experiences related in his book, available at www.aboveblack.com.

ATSNN: What compelled you to write a book based on your experiences?

DS: Well, I have to honestly say that I'm not a dummy... I knew my experience would be marketable and that I would most likely make some money by sharing it. But those thoughts only came after the decision to actually write the book.

I could never relate what I went through (in PPD) to national security. I did do plenty in my regular job that was very obvious that it needed to be kept from the public. But my involvement with PPD seemed to be self serving to someone or some organization and not kept secret due to national security reasons. So, I decided to come forward in hopes that I would bring others out of the woodwork. I was in the AF for 12 years and I essentially gave it all up because I didn't want to be part of the project anymore. So, in some way, I felt they owed me at least something more than an honorable discharge. Because I most likely would have made a career of the military and would be retired right now with a pension. (That is if they would have let me retire...)

ATSNN: Did you worry a great deal about possible NSA repercussions, after the decision was made to self-publish Above Black?

DS: Not really. I knew I had no actual proof (hard evidence.) It was all circumstantial... my record, my security clearances... where I was stationed... etc. As long as I didn't release information relating to anything OTHER THAN the grey projects I worked on, I figured I was on relatively safe ground. Also, I made sure the text of the book was out in
the public before any attention came to it. It's actually the reason I finally decided to self-publish instead of continuing to search for a publisher. I had more control over the release of the content meaning I could stop printing it if I needed to. Also, when you publish traditionally, the public tends to know it's coming before it actually hits the street...giving the government ample time to thwart my efforts, whether through legal channels or other methods. This way, I had complete control and it was released silently, without fanfare.

ATSNN: Can you think of the specific event that prompted you to reveal your knowledge after you were no longer with the program?

DS: Not a specific one. As I got more acclimated to being a civilian and not being under the thumb of the military, I began to seriously contemplate sharing what I knew. But I knew I had to do it in a very specific way without revealing information that I did feel was important to national security. I think time (distance) away from being in the military was what gave me the courage to do it. I was not treated in a manner that one would think you'd be treated being such an important part of a program like this. So, this was one of the motivations I had to share what I knew. I know that sounds fairly childish, but I was still very angry for forcing my hand when I would probably had stayed in if it wasn't for what I went through.

ATSNN: To the general public, the NSA has a mandate to listen to and decode all foreign communications of interest to the security of the United States. If you can comment, do you believe these communications were a threat to the security of the United States?

DS: I assume you mean my comms with Spock and Bones. No, I don't think so. As I've always maintained, I didn't sense any hostility in my comms at all. I truly felt as if they were above any type of harmful thoughts... etc.

ATSNN: You once confirmed that you were stationed at Buckley AFB in Colorado. Are you able to mention any other locations where you were stationed?

DS: I can mention any location where I was stationed. I just can't discuss particular base locations when also discussing certain other topics discussed in my book. I was stationed at Osan AB, in South Korea (twice), Camp New Amsterdam in The Netherlands, San Vito in Italy, Grand Forks AFB in North Dakota, Malmstrom AFB in Montana, Offutt AFB in Nebraska and I spent a lot of time in the Philippines as well as Saudi Arabia.

ATSNN: When you first moved from the USAF to become involved with the NSA, your book states "In 1947, the US government made contact with an alien species. Today, we commonly refer to them as �greys�." To your knowledge, was this
the famous Roswell event?

DS: I can only assume it was. At the time, I didn't even know what "Roswell" was. Of course, since then, it's become quite famous in the popular culture. At the time, it wasn't as famous.

ATSNN: I personally know a Lockheed SR-71 test pilot who later became an civilian "advisor". He spoke at length about seeing the Roswell craft. Did you ever hear any stories living close to SR-71 pilot Major Roberts who you mention in Above Black?

DS: No and I was really too young to remember specifics if I had. But I'm pretty sure he didn't discuss anything like that with me. I was only in the 4th grade at the time.

ATSNN: Do you believe we (the United States) captured a downed craft and learned about this form communication, or was it "given" to us?

DS: I can't really say how the exact circumstances presented themselves. I don't think we "captured" anything, really. The first contact may have happened in relation to the Roswell incident, but I don't think it was as a
result of "downing" anything or capturing anything. What is more likely is, they had an accident and their hand was forced finally and established contact as a result.

ATSNN: In your book, you make a reference that in the years following 1947, communication was done with traditional electromagnetic methods. Why do you believe that the SETI program has never detected any of these transmissions?

DS: I asked the question of the Capt briefing me and he just said that he "assumed" that we can communicate via traditional electromagnetic methods. I was just conveying what he said to me. I can't confirm his suspicions and
they were just that, suspicions. So, if we are able to communicate via traditional electromagnetic methods, I would assume they are highly advanced methods to not show up on the electromagnetic spectrum during searches via SETI and others.

Part of the problem with discussing alien beings is we only have our own frame of reference to allude to. As I've experienced via the comms I had, there is an entirely different frame of reference that exists outside our own knowledge and native abilities. Perhaps even outside our own physics.

ATSNN: You mention PPD or "Project Preserve Destiny", which has an ominous sound. Can you say anything regarding what I believe you once termed the "coming Armageddon"?

DS: Ha! Well, I don't remember ever being so alarmist. But anything that I might have said in reference to impending doom and gloom only comes from the reason I was told PPD exists and that is to provide a worldwide command and control communication link due to an impending worldwide electromagnetic outage. Again, that's what I was told. I'm becoming more and more convinced that the real reason for PPD wasn't what they told me.

ATSNN: I read in another interview, that you speculated, or perhaps were led to believe in an impending EMP (electromagnetic pulse) event. Any thoughts on where this EMP is supposed to originate from? Is this something they might
cause, we might cause ourselves through nuclear detonations, or something more natural like an epic solar flare?

DS: I really have no clue as to what might precipitate such an outage. I'm sure it won't be pleasant, however, if it does occur.

ATSNN: Back to your beginnings, PPD was started in 1960 as you were told and your mother was one of the initial test subjects. Do you have any idea how certain genetic test-subjects chosen?

DS: I wasn't told other than they chose mothers who because of their economic situations were more likely to have children that would end up in the military... with some well placed pushes along the way.

ATSNN: Do you have any idea how test-subjects and their prodigy were tracked, since obviously they knew how to locate you so many years later? Do you believe they (NSA or the greys) are tracking you still?

DS: I don't know how they were tracked. Yes, I'm sure my life is being watched. But, at this point, there's not much to watch. ;-)

ATSNN: You were provided certain information during your communications that led you to correlate the information with human abductions cases. Is there any additional thoughts you can share with us about that?

DS: I only assumed the data in question was abduction data because of the information I was being passed. It's pretty well covered (as for how much I know) in the book.

ATSNN: Have your PPD abilities ever surfaced in any other strange way since leaving the project or given you any unusual insights?

DS: Not directly, no. However, I'm a highly sensitive person. My sense of smell is VERY acute as is my sense of touch. I just found out about 2 years ago that my nasal passages stopped forming when I was about 8 years old. So,
during my entire life, I've lived with nasal passages the size of an 8 year old's. Of course, I have absolutely no idea if that has any correlation to my experience, but it is out of the ordinary and that's what you wanted to know. :-)

ATSNN: In the book, you mention being told that PPD was operating on 30 years of "wait-and-see". Any idea why we would cooperate for so long with no end goal known?

DS: I'm sure there is an end goal or perhaps an ongoing goal. It's just we're not privy to it.

ATSNN: You have stated that you are not sure where the entities/greys were located exactly, but that you believed they could travel great distances in a very short time. Could you comment on that travel? Do you believe it is due to
high speed travel or possible something dimensional?

DS: I really don't have specific knowledge here. Just guesses. As I mention in the book, I believe they use electromagnetic energy and time to manipulate their location. I don't believe they travel in the same sense
that we think of when we talk of "traveling." The only similarities would be the end result. You are at a different location than when you started.

ATSNN: The term "water-human" or "water-vessel" that the greys used in describing us is quite interesting. Do you believe that their base make-up possibly uses a different element?

DS: I firmly believe they have a higher concentration of oxygen than we do. I also believe the pills I was told to eat while in PPD were highly concentrated antioxidants. Again, this is just a guess on my part. But it's based on the impression I got over the 2 years I had comms with Spock and Bones.

ATSNN: Do you believe that our communications are mutually beneficial to the entities, and if so...what do we have to possibly offer them?

DS: I really don't know. I wish I did.

ATSNN: Did you ever get a sense of why they possibly want to help us avert a communication loss with them, should we lose electronic capability?

DS: Well, this speaks to my earlier comment. I have to wonder if that's the reason for PPD. It just seems too simplistic. The only reason they would is to save our species, allowing us to flourish beyond this cataclysmic event. I guess we'll see some day, if that's the reason.

ATSNN: Do you believe that much of our current technology, from mapping the human DNA to advances in micro-electronics, have come from our communication with these entities?

DS: I'm not such a strong believer in this. I guess it's possible. However, I don't want to short change our abilities as humans to do grand and sometimes seemingly miraculous things. I still feel, even if we're not the most advanced species in the universe, we are the most colorful, vibrant, emotive and altogether interesting species God created.

ATSNN: Do you believe they have been aiding mankind for many years in other, not so overt ways? Possibly through religion or genetic advancement?

DS: I would assume this to be the case. But again, as is common in my experience, I'm not really sure.

ATSNN: The grey you named "Bones" once told you there is intelligent and non-intelligent life throughout the universe. It was termed that we (both them and us) and many others were part of the intelligent aspect. Any clue how many others?

DS: No clue.

ATSNN: "Bones" also stated that they had been visiting Earth for a long time, but direct contacts didn't turn out well but it was much easier to visit in the past than now. Can you expand this any more?

DS: It's because of our communications and sensing ability. Radar and our use of the radio spectrum has confined their activities on earth. 500 years ago, as you might image, if you had the abilities they have, it would be quite easy to get around. Humans were much more gullible and much less knowledgeable about the elements. If you were a "visitor", you could come and go as you pleased and neighboring civilizations wouldn't know about it for a while and with our inability to separate science from folklore back then, everything became "mythologized". This is why we have so many stories in so many civilizations about flying craft and visitors (gods)...etc.

ATSNN: I found your theory of past interbreeding and the people of the Basque people quite interesting. Do you think the stories of full hybrids (as witnessed by Betty Lee Lucas and others) have any truth to them?

DS: Not to my knowledge.

ATSNN: Some of your critics have stated that while indeed you were with the NSA, the drugs you were given were simply mind control narcotics and the belief in the PPD was actually an experiment. How would you respond to them?

DS: I can't really. I can just tell you (the public) what I experienced and then YOU have to come to your own conclusions. I can say that my comms were as lucid as you picking up the phone and calling your mom and discussing
Christmas dinner. That type of lucidity does not happen while drugged. Also, because of my job, we were tested for drugs ALL the time. Those tests were conducted by my "non-grey" chain of command.

ATSNN: Those same critics also contend that your book is simply about getting money and can never be proven or disproven. How do you answer people that believe this is about money?

DS: Let's say you witnessed a murder out on a deserted highway. You don't have a cell phone or anything to use to call for help. So, you have to drive into the nearest town to report it. You get to the police station finally. Do you go in and report it? Under the above logic, you really shouldn't prove it since you don't have any proof. Well, that's silly, right?

As for money... yes, I've made a little money. Considering the fact that I gave up a retirement income of about $1200 a month for the rest of my life if I had stayed in for 20 years like I was planning... I don't have any qualms in making a little money off a book that I feel tells the world something very important. I can assure you it's no where near what I would have made in retirement income had I stayed in the USAF.

Thanks to everyone at abovetopsecret.com. I appreciate your support and kindness. Best wishes, Dan Sherman.

ATSNN would like thank Dan for taking the time for this interview. His entire experience related in his book, is interesting and unique. If there is indeed a Project Preserve Destiny, it is conspiracy of the highest magnitude.

Related ATS Links:
Above Black?
Above Black-NSA communicates with ETs
The upcoming chat with Dan Sherman(Above Black)
Above Black
Above Black thoughts

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That was very interesting, Zedd. It has definitely piqued my curiosity and as soon as I can, I'll be getting a copy.

I wonder why the Greys are so determined to keep in communication with us if we lose electrical abilities ?
(Personally, I believe that they may be preparing us for a coming change of Earth's magnetic field). Obviously they need us for something - but what ?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You can also read these other, older interviews with Dan Sherman for additional background.

www.aboveblack.com... (Bruni's Column - March 1999, By Georgina Bruni)
www.rense.com... (By DAVID KIRBY, For the Colorado Daily, 12-18-97)

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why are we just now getting this? One of these interviews is from 1997.

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by AZLS1]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am reading "Diana: Her True Story" about Princess Diana. In it she refers to the security and others in the Palace as, "greys" and "greycoats".
She didn't like them much.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZLS1

"You can also read these other, older interviews with Dan Sherman for additional background. "

Yes, I understand it was an old interview link I posted. As I stated, they were just for those interested in some additional background. The original interview though is recent.

Hope that clears things up...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
FYI - I read Dan's book, it was pretty good, if you have a chance check it out. It's not a long read.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by AZLS1

"You can also read these other, older interviews with Dan Sherman for additional background. "

Yes, I understand it was an old interview link I posted. As I stated, they were just for those interested in some additional background. The original interview though is recent.

Hope that clears things up...

I was just curious about what lead up to the renewed intrest.

I think I found the answer on his website - somethings that were eluded to in the book are supposed to start happening this month.

Either that or it is a great way to keep sales up.

True or not it looks like a good read. I think I'll spend the $5 to read the e-book.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZSL1
I think I found the answer on his website - somethings that were eluded to in the book are supposed to start happening this month.

What "somethings were eluded to start happening this month"? please specify.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So is this confirmed that he was stationed at Buckley AFB, or was the list of bases that he gave a complete list?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Great interview from a couple of years ago, looked into after seeing that Project C has a new interview w/ Dan Sherman from less then a week ago. Best part of the ATS interview:

ATSNN: The grey you named "Bones" once told you there is intelligent and non-intelligent life throughout the universe. It was termed that we (both them and us) and many others were part of the intelligent aspect. Any clue how many others?

DS: No clue.

ATSNN: "Bones" also stated that they had been visiting Earth for a long time, but direct contacts didn't turn out well but it was much easier to visit in the past than now. Can you expand this any more?

DS: It's because of our communications and sensing ability. Radar and our use of the radio spectrum has confined their activities on earth. 500 years ago, as you might image, if you had the abilities they have, it would be quite easy to get around. Humans were much more gullible and much less knowledgeable about the elements. If you were a "visitor", you could come and go as you pleased and neighboring civilizations wouldn't know about it for a while and with our inability to separate science from folklore back then, everything became "mythologized". This is why we have so many stories in so many civilizations about flying craft and visitors (gods)...etc.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I was always curious as to how he could recall lengthy conversations with Spock & Bones so vividly so long after they occurred.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This intuitive communication exists. Want to see Mr Bush do intuitive communication to his governors head detail when he was governor of tx?

Observe:
:20-:28 secs into the video

He communicates to Trooper Jeoff Williams, head of Governor detail

youtube.com...

[edit on 13-3-2008 by fastwalker23]

[edit on 13-3-2008 by fastwalker23]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

I think Dan Sherman is not very intelligent and it is clear from his interview that the man knows practically nothing which usually indicates some sort of fraud.

join