It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Moon the Balloon' protest planned at U.S. border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

'Moon the Balloon' protest planned at U.S. border

cnews.canoe.ca

A Sarnia man is planning a “moon the balloon” demonstration to protest the surveillance camera a private security company has aimed at Sarnia from a dirigible hovering 1,000 feet over Port Huron, Michigan.

Martin, a former teacher, said the 50-foot surveillance balloon launched last week shows a lack of respect for Canadian sovereignty.

“No cheeks will be turned away.”

“You might as well put a swastika on the side of it and say it’s the Hindenberg,” said Capser, who was born in the U.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow I wouldn't mind joining this event but i'm not exactly an exhibitionist, lol, but I do support it nonetheless.

Mods, I do think that the all-seeing eye topic is for BAN.
I thought this was a good place for the article.

This good, I like this form of protest I just wish it wasn't mooning though, i'm just not into that.

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I 100% thoroughly endorse this campaign.

*shows arse*

*leaves*

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
btw, isn't this airspace violations?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'd shoot the damned thing down. That's a protest.
This kind of crap needs to stop we need border patrol on both sides to ACTUALLY PATROL THE BORDER rather than blanket surveillance of an entire town. Mooning, that's a great gesture, but I hear Canadians are great shots with hunting rifles. I'd take a 30-30 to the thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There's nothing like a mass-mooning ! Talk about misdirection !
( And don't think there won't be any ! )
( I'll bet they'll be filming it ! )

A bunch of smartarses, at their best !

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What if they have arse recognition software?

2nd yhea yhea

[edit on 30/7/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I'd shoot the damned thing down. That's a protest.
This kind of crap needs to stop we need border patrol on both sides to ACTUALLY PATROL THE BORDER rather than blanket surveillance of an entire town. Mooning, that's a great gesture, but I hear Canadians are great shots with hunting rifles. I'd take a 30-30 to the thing.

And give the US good reason to invade CA, hell no!!!!

As a ten year Detroiter, I say, f*** yeah, my CA brothers. Tell the US where we can go with our overtly paranoid technology.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I am kind of lost as to why we launched a balloon to spy on Canadians on Canadian territory?

For one.. I have never known Canadians to do anything worthy of excitement to spy on.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
we need border patrol on both sides to ACTUALLY PATROL THE BORDER

I agree.

More so on the Mexican side though. Put an electric fence with a moat full of water a few feet from the actual border and watch the fireworks.

Fried beans anyone?

On a serious note, if we were to actually actively patrol the border and allow people into the country that just want to work, but force them to get a work permit or leave, then the illegal immigration problem would be solved because they would be legal.

Just saying.

As for the protest on the Canadian side... I wouldn't shoot down the thing. It might be misconstrued and seen as a hostile action... not on a national level, no, but there might be retaliations... like more balloons but this time with riflemen in them?

It's not rabbit season, it's Canadian season!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This thing needs an AR15, not a 30-30.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is starting to remind me of Bladerunner where there were all sorts of things up in the sky from floating advertising to the surveillance stuff.

YES it is an invasion of privacy and an affront to Canadian sovereignty.

I am not for guns, but in this case I would make an exception. Shoot the damn thing down -- maybe the Canadian Air Force could take a crack at it?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Shoot the damn thing down -- maybe the Canadian Air Force could take a crack at it?

Yeah! Shoot a balloon from a balloon! That will teach those damn arrogant Americans!

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You know...I use to do environmental work down on the border of TX and saw those tethered balloons. I always thought they were weather monitoring devices LOL...duh...I love those things...we need to stop illegal immigration...they "STEAL" our jobs.

There is a reason they don't have the same balloons on the Mexico side...NO ONE WANTS TO GO WORK THERE!

Don't EVEN say that they do the jobs no one else will....with unemployment at 10%+ I bet there are lots of folks that would jump at those jobs!

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hey is there any way I can maybe get a 8 x 10 glossy from the ballon when you moon it. I like to send a copy to my congressman. Just to let him know how well he spent my tax dollars. I hope the weather in good that day.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest
Hey is there any way I can maybe get a 8 x 10 glossy from the ballon when you moon it. I like to send a copy to my congressman. Just to let him know how well he spent my tax dollars. I hope the weather in good that day.

You think congressmen read their mail
Seriously though...I say that toung-in-cheek...but if you think about it....they were out to "serve" our best interest when they were running for office...now that they are there they only "serve" their own best interest.

"Show me a congressman that reads his mail...and I will show you a retired congressman!" -Aggie Man

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
[
I am not for guns, but in this case I would make an exception. Shoot the damn thing down -- maybe the Canadian Air Force could take a crack at it?

Whoa... no need to send all 3 of Canada's finest airforce fighter jets out.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here's the moon the balloon protest

hahahha
funny canucks!

join