It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Fireball in Mexico 07/26/09

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Its a fake. I have seen many shooting stars. they cross the entire sky in a split second. this thing took forever. whoever made this ridiculous video has no clue. poeple on this web site believe the stupidist things.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ah dont worry...Its just an Autobot answering Optimus's call

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is it a sunlit contrail....like this one? Guess Im guilty for not going through all of the post as well...oh well, heres a vid for page 3

[edit on 30-7-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
is there a rocket scientist in the house so we can settle this once and for all?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My first instinct is that it is simply some sort of aircraft, moving away from the camera, in the same direction as the rotation of the earth. That would be why it appears to be so slow, especially if the aircraft was gaining altitude at the right range of angles. It could appear to be going downward slowly, when in fact it is going straight or upward at a normal velocity. Just a theory, of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage I respect your opinion but I think you have this one totally wrong def. not contrail or chemtrail ...it is something entering the atmosphere very slowly or a controlled descent. IMO kind of looks like what the space capsules looked like re entering the atmosphere. Secret space program ??? who knows great find warren!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Did you notice what all these videos have in common?There all at sunset there contrails the light of the sun is low on the horizon causing it to look like its on fire.Suggest you guys look up Saint Elmo's Fire and I'm not talking about the movie its a phenomenon that has been reported for centuries it can happen with cloud formations as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How cool is that!

I've seen one huge ball such as this but it didn't last nearly as long.

This one is outrageous cool!

Thanks for the post!
S&F!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
To me it looks like a meteor or something entering the atmosphere. I watched some old Russian space junk reenter and disintegrate in the atmosphere a few years ago early one morning and that was my first thought. But its apparent speed is absolutely mind boggling. It doesn't seem to really be going anywhere at all...

Here's a news article from a few years ago of what I saw if anyone cares. Doesn't really contribute much to the thread though. It was a pretty cool thing to see. Article

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is wild, because in my dreams last night being 7-28-09, I dreamt of an asteroid or meteor or something of the sort falling from the sky to the ground and i remember running for cover in case their was a blast wave! Wow, I also slept for twenty hours last night too!!! Very odd i must say at the east.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The Decepticons are arriving!!!!!

Seriously cool vid, though!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The one thing that I noticed about all these "things" is the vector symbol they produce.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
it distresses me - it really does , the utter ignorance of basic science - and the dogmatic dtermination to believe that it might be something extra ordinary

get over it people - its a plane - if you cannot accept or understand that you need help

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Am I the only one that sees the pixalization around the object? It's none of the above, it's CGI'ed into the video.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

seems to be going home to that mountain...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I love the ending of the video, when the camera turns toward the sun[set/rise] and then to the volcano...

my first thought was some kind of weird aircraft turning afterburners on, but it continued in a fairly slow rate of speed. so I have to agree with an object slowing down from re-entry into the atmosphere. perhaps a non-cloaded spacecraft? or aircraft in trouble?

excellent video either way. thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

THE PERSEIDS ARE COMING: Earth is entering a stream of debris from Comet Swift-Tuttle, setting the stage for the 2009 Perseid meteor shower. Get the full story from Science@NASA.

Spaceweather

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The Perseids are Coming

July 31, 2009: Earth is entering a stream of dusty debris from Comet Swift-Tuttle, the source of the annual Perseid meteor shower. Although the shower won't peak until August 11th and 12th, the show is already getting underway ... ... ...

... ... ... "Earthgrazers are meteors that approach from the horizon and skim the atmosphere overhead like a stone skipping across the surface of a pond," explains Cooke. "They are long, slow and colorful—among the most beautiful of meteors."

science.nasa.gov...

Ya ya, I know its a long shot ... but IMO its neither a contrail nor a plane.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
SNAP Enjay!! ... Must've been thinking the same thing

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

could just be a meteor just the way its falling is creating an illusion so it looks slower then it actually is

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join