It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Fireball in Mexico 07/26/09

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Interesting daytime/evening fireball video.

Perhaps it is related to the Perseid meteor showers?

Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Whoa that's a big *snip*

Anyone take a guess as to how big?

S+F for the find.

[edit on 30/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]
Edited having now watched in full screen.

Could just be an aeroplanes contrail.
Why the red line under aeroplane?
I spelt it correctly?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by maria_stardust]

[edit on 30/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What..The..Hell.. Whatever that is, its NOT a Bollide, Meteor, Meteorite, Comet, Venus, Swamp Gas. Thats something making a controlled de-orbit, and NOTHING was launched/brought down on that day over Mexico by any Space Agency.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now that's cool.
s&f
any chance theres some other info to back it up, like local people's reports or something?
if so, where did it land? seems like it'd be a pretty noticeable impact.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For some reason, this seems very significant to me. I feel as though there are bible prophecies or something that relate to this kind of event. *goes to look it up*

S+F

[edit on 7/30/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Double checking. The only launches that have occured recently was this morning in Kazakhstan, and there was a launch due on the 27th, however this was cancelled due to the satellite having a technical problem and launch is expected to now be in 6 weeks.
Other than the ISS/Shuttle in Orbit at the time, nothing else was going on.

EDIT- however thinking about it, a similar thing happened over the UK before and the "fireball" was attributed to sunlight being reflected off a high-altitude contrail. The way how this object moves suggests to me that this is more than likely a aircraft contrail (being the rational side of me) however if Controllers can say that nothing was around Popocapetyl at that time, then I'll start to wonder.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ROBL240]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That's one SLOW meteor.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's speed is a bit puzzling!

Whatever it is hardly seems to be moving with much velocity at all!
I am no expert,but i would have expected a meteor to move a bit quicker than that!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It looks like a contrail being illuminated by the sunset

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Surely you mean "chemtrail"!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If that was a meteor it would have hit the ground a long long time before it did. How can you explain this?

Here is a video of a big meteor entering the atmosphere and hitting the earth. Totally different!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Is it not a contrail catching sunlight during sunset?

FYI, before anyone starts yelling at me... I'm a believer and I hope it isn't just a contrail... just exploring all options here.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage I always respect what you have to add but this time I think you may be wrong. I know i know it doesn't happen often but it does happen. I've seen contrails in a sunset before as I'm sure everyone else here who has seen a sunset at least on this planet. There is definitely an object involved here in the OP's video and the OP video acts and looks different.

Got anything else?

(Looks like a missle or rocket of some sort to me)

[edit on 30-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually it doesnt' look that much like that to me. The contrail got longer. The leading tip is narrow.

The OP vid, the leading tip is wide and clearly irregular. The trail doesn't grow or extend, but remains about the same static length.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Same thing happened in the UK, Contrail got mistaken for a Meteor and even NASA were mistaken by it for some time, until a ATC controller came along and mentioned there had been a flight passing through the exact same area 5 minutes before.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I look deep into things to sort thru ignorant distractors to me it looks like a meterior or something falling away from the camera mans view hence why it was moving slow down ward because it was falling away from earth not str8 down but more angled away from direction of photographer I COULD BE WRONG THO WHO KNOWS

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Hey, that was the coolest vid of that meteor I've seen! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

More slow falling objects

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Nice find.

From the long length of time with no evident disintegration taking place, I'd guess it was pretty much a solid mass and probably a metal. The long flight of it makes me think the camera man caught it as it started to skim the atmosphere at a very shallow angle. It would have been nice to have seen the final moments but likely it was hundreds of miles away by then.

M.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above are from here: www.kolumbus.fi...

From here: here: www.mchenrycountyblog.com...

A good shot with the plane visible:

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Phage]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join