It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Partial Reason MSM Avoids Taking UFO Reports Seriously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Broadsheet newspaper The Telegraph has run a short article about a UFO photographed above Hatfield House in Hertfordshire.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11f26ec0682e.jpg[/atsimg]

The guy that took the photo describes his surprise to find a UFO in his picture...

"It made no noise and I didn't see it until I put the image on my computer," he said. "If you sharpen the image and zoom right in you can see it~s no normal aircraft and you can see a red heat source behind it.

Providing a different point of view is Richard Wiseman, psychology professor at the University of Hertfordshire.

"It's very difficult to tell what it is because it is tricky to know how far the object is from the camera. I guess that it could be a bird or a paraglider in the distance, or a small piece of dust or debris very close to the lens. "Either way, I don't think Hatfield House should be bracing themselves for a close encounter of the third kind quite yet"
Source of both quotes

I don't think the image is genuine (haven't checked properly yet). I think the guy that made the image catches himself out in his quote above. I think the guy that provides the skepticism does an incredibly poor job of assessing the image.

So is this why MSM like to avoid the subject altogether? They can be hoaxed and are at the mercy of the claims of witnesses and poor evidence? Instead of spoofing the public with BS, the public can spoof them instead

join