It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Taliban rule book calls for fewer suicide attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A new Taliban military "code of conduct" calls for restrictions on suicide attacks aimed at avoiding the killing of civilians, but U.S. and Afghan military officials dismissed the document as propaganda, calling it hypocritical.

The booklet, obtained by CNN in northwestern Pakistan, has emerged during a crucial moment in the fight between troops and militants in Afghanistan, where battles are raging in the country's Helmand province and troops work to establish stability for the upcoming presidential elections.

"Suicide attacks should be at high value and important targets because a brave son of Islam should not be used for low value and useless targets," the code of conduct said. "In suicide attacks the killing of innocent people and damage to their property should be minimized."

It also says "all mujahideen must do their best to avoid civilian deaths and injuries and damage to civilian property." And it says that mujahideen "should refrain" from disfiguring of people, such as the severing of ears, nose and lips.

www.cnn.com...

Yeah right! A new & improved....and slightly less violent Taliban

Now I've seen it all!

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The taliban is not a single entity.There are many factions that the media call the *taliban* and group them all together as if they shared the same ideologies when it comes to warfare.As for a less violent taliban,if someone invaded my country i would kill every last single one of them.Im sure you would aswell,so while it easy to make everything black and white,good and evil while ignoring history and the reverberations it can cause down the years.I say that's a path you should tread lightly on as it can have severe repercussions in the future.

join