It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter jets over Seattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Maybe this is normal in Seattle, but it's the first time I've seen it.

At about 10am I look out my kitchen window and see 4 fighter jets flying in

formation due south. This was not particularly unusual as the approach path over

Capitol Hill handles a lot of air traffic.

But then I go out to walk to school and I hear this screeching roar that sounds

sort of like a drag racer and I see a single jet banking due west from the

southeast and flying fairly low over my area. In my 15 minute walk to school I

saw this jet circle over Seattle about 4 more times.

It was low enough to clearly see it's outline, delta wings and dual tail. I

looked this up and the closest match I got was the F-22.

Is this normal?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't know if it is normal for Seattle, but there are plenty of normal reasons they would do this. Upcoming race/concert/football game. They typically show up a week or so before a flyover to practice it and get the timing right.

I have also known pilots to "buzz" their friends and families when they are in the area.

There is the NLE2009 going on. It could be related.

They could have scrambled jets for an airplane incident. This happens fairly often without any catastrophic results, and we don't see it on the news.

No telling. If it continues, please keep us up to date!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know they chemtrail us pretty often with white planes/jets.
I don't think fighter jets are normal and it makes me wonder what's going on! Some kind of test maybe??
I was out and about at that time and didn't notice but sometimes I see unusual helicopters and planes. I have a couple weird stories about the choppers for sure!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

if the formation was a lead, two to the left and a single to the right, this is called the missing man formation and is done on celebetory (yes, new word) flyby's. It could be any event that warranted it. I wouldn't read a whole lot into this. They normally never do combat formations any more since there is no need to dog fights, which normally warrant the finger four formation.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Bearack]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Are you brand spanking new to the Seattle area? The Blue Angels have been practicing all week for Seafair - an annual event in Seattle with Seafair Sunday (August 2nd this year) being the grand finale. We have hydroplane races in Lake Washington, so that will explain the mysterious jets of waterspray on Sunday as well as the bad traffic and crowds. The Blue Angels perform at the "halftime" of the hydro races and have been practicing all week. In fact, if you go outside at 1:30 today (about 15 min from now) you will be treated to a "full practice" show by the Blue Angels. This will also explain why you may be seeing several Navy ships in the area. Ths is a huge annual event. Enjoy the show.

www.seafair.com...

Edited to add: These are not F22's, they are F/A-18 hornets.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

I explained the "fighter jets" above, but your info says you are in Washington State. Are you new to the area as well? You do realize that there are several military installations around here with training flights daily. Not to mention Sea-Tac airport - a major hub of international air traffic and Boeing field. Any airliner at a high altitude will appear "white" and contrails are a well known phenomenon that have nothing to do with spraying chemicals. Why would TPTB poison the air that they also have to breathe?

For me, after 9-11 it was more unusual to not see constant overhead air traffic. You can't count off 20 - 30 seconds around here without something flying overhead.

Edited for spelling and grammar

[edit on 30-7-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

You're right; it's probably the Blue Angels! I haven't been into Seafair this year, don't watch tv and forgot.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm used to the air traffic in my neighborhood and sometimes there are unusual things up there including con trails that make patterns and stay for, at times, hours.
I've often wondered about 'them' breathing the same air. Do only some know and are out of town during sprayings?

idk and hope you're right.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Yes, I am brand spanking new to the Seattle area and didn't know about the Blue Angels' annual shows at Seafair!

Sorry for any undue alarm.

They were hot and heavy during the middle of the day on Friday and will be at it again on Saturday and maybe Sunday, too.

I tried taking photos of them:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f52ee9d3e668.jpg[/atsimg] contrails
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63221b89bb03.jpg[/atsimg] jets

but found it enormously hard to get good photos with my cheap point and shoot camera. There is a lag between when you push the button and when the shutter opens.

If these had been UFOs my chances of getting a clear photo of them would have been very remote. If anyone is serious about photographing flying objects, get a camera the has no shutter lag!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wow, great chemtrail photos!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i went to see them it was pretty cool. when they were heading south they were heading back to McChord air force base

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Not a bad shot at all considering that you used a phone camera.

Those most definitely are members of the United States Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (better known as the Blue Angels), and as an FYI, they aren't F-22s, but F-18s. I am curious to know if you ever saw the other two...there should be six Angels (four formation pilots and two soloists).

Anyhow...you should make time if at all possible to see their actual performance...it's a blast!.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

firepilot - I am assuming that you are joking, but to anyone who took his "chemtrail" comment seriously - that is smoke used intentionally during the show, not a "chemtrail".

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
2011 Blue Angels photo

I was ready this year! But these guys are really hard to catch with a cheap digital camera.

Here's my best shot this year. I corrected the exposure a little to bring out the markings on the planes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a42909f976d6.jpg[/atsimg]

And just to remind myself that I don't really like war; flowers in the park above which the jets flew:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71876d7004ff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
yep, you know its them when on the days prior....they do the low pass I-90 bridge flyover....yep, the floating bridge they call it.....made of concrete...but it floats

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

the blue angels are flying today.
line 2

new topics

top topics

join