It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple Institute to Build Sacrificial Altar on Tisha B'av

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Mock Passover Sacrifice Slammed by Pro-Animal Group

The study day is to include a public sacrifice which is being termed a "general rehearsal" for the actual Pesach sacrifice on the Temple Mount, a ritual prescribed by the Torah but currently forbidden by the Israel government and courts.

Making the Paschal sacrifice is part of the religious freedom which is a basic human right and a cornerstone of democracy."

Glick told Ynet Monday that according to Jewish law, abstaining from performing the sacrifice is an extremely serious offense, comparable in its severity to avoiding a brit (circumcision ceremony) for one's newborn boy. He explained that although Jewish law forbids Jews in an impure state (which all Jews are in as long as the Temple rites are not renewed) from entering the Temple area, an exception is made for public sacrifices like the Pesach sacrifice.

The Temple movement recently sent a formal request to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Minister of Public Security Avi Dichter, to allow them to conduct the sacrifice on the Temple Mount. "Making the Paschal sacrifice is part of the religious freedom which is a basic human right and a cornerstone of democracy," they wrote.

Glick said, however, that the organizers "have no intention of trying to ascend to the Mount without permission from the police."

According to the chairman of "Tnoo Lachayot Lichyot," the "demonstration sacrifice" would violate the Israeli law which makes it illegal to torture animals or to kill them in a cruel way. Any use of animals for educational purposes requires prior approval by the Council for Experiments on Animals. "Carrying out a 'general rehearsal' in which a live animal is sacrificed for demonstrational purposes only, while a substitute – like a model of a sheep – can be used, is unjustified and unnecessary," he claimed.

From the article it seems they have a problem between religious law and state law.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
..........the conversation went into aspects of global damage to the environment. They kept going on about a big freeze that would hit China and a war of utmost brutality that would start in the Middle East. They also explained how this war would be triggered-off with Jew (military leader) being assassanated in Jerusalem. Before his death he was travelling in a Jeep near the perimeter wall at the Mount of Olives. When I asked what the specific dates would be for these things the reply I got was that the road ahead has many forks in it. I took this as a reference to the "Tree of Alternatives" device that I had seen on an ET craft on an abduction incident. The future is like a tree with alternatives - many branched.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Circle]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Again that's your opinion. Not all people believe that sacrificing animals is primitive. China, a nation with many innovations, still has animal sacrifices in the more rural locations of the nation.

It's their culture. It's their right. Christians still believe the apocalypse will happen. I am christian and I think that's primitive. Muslims still believe a rock from the sky is blessed and millions gather in Mecca literally to worship a rock. That's primitive too, but it's their right.

Primitive is viewer selective. In actuality it does not exist for humanity, other than as a personal prejudgment that an act is silly and one self is better and more evolved then the other. You're not in their shows, so you shouldn't judge. I certainly laugh inside at people gathering in the millions to worship a rock, and I certainly laugh apocalyptic Christians. But it's their right and certainly isn't primitive to them.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You do have to wonder what the world is coming to when that start building sacrafical alters next they will be looking for virgins.

my exact point. seems everyones opinion is like whooooo the end, or who cares, but actually WHY IN SAM HILL IS THERE GOING TO BE A SACRIFICIAL ALTER IN THE FIRST PLACE. ( like way scary)

should we pull out Mel Gibsons APOCALYPTO and get prepared
i feel everyone should be questioning this foolishness

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Animal sacrifices and human sacrifices are very very very very far apart. To compare the two is like comparing sacrificing cows in Palestine to sacrificing humans in Maya. The two require a very large line to cross that is miles apart.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

they are building it because it is part of their religion. That's just the simple answer. They are going to sacrifice animals to god at this altar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join