It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Health System was unethical in awarding contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We all know that things are going on to change how we get health care in America, but did you know that things are being change right under our noses with out any type of consent?

www.nextgov.com...

The Military Health System has engaged in unethical contracting with a technology company that is developing one of government's most complex and high-profile computer networks, an electronic health record system that eventually will exchange information with the Veterans Affairs Department, internal e-mails sent within the Army Medical Command and the Military Health System alleged.

That is just from the site, I found it slash-dotted (in their fire hose).
slashdot.org...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Again here is the link: www.nextgov.com...

Maj. Frank Tucker, chief of product development for the Defense Health Information Management System at the Military Health System, said in an e-mail on July 15 that he was directed by Tommy J. Morris, acting director of the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Force Health Protection and Readiness Programs, to provide Adara Networks Inc. with the software and documentation for the Defense Health Information Management System on the premise that the company would not compete for development contracts.

Everything traces back to NextGov.com but now I guess it is old news and no one is paying any attention to the issue.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
Again here is the link: www.nextgov.com...

Maj. Frank Tucker, chief of product development for the Defense Health Information Management System at the Military Health System, said in an e-mail on July 15 that he was directed by Tommy J. Morris, acting director of the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Force Health Protection and Readiness Programs, to provide Adara Networks Inc. with the software and documentation for the Defense Health Information Management System on the premise that the company would not compete for development contracts.

Everything traces back to NextGov.com but now I guess it is old news and no one is paying any attention to the issue.

.OK you have a nibble here. I know a lot about this stuff personally.
Now the link itself it an incredibly non comprehensible double bs spin.
Can you condense the link into layman (red neck for me) terms?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Basically it is saying that there was some type of bias towards one certain company to give them the contract to build a huge electronic database for all the health records of anyone serving our country. In other words corruption has allowed our tax dollars go to a company/individual just because someone making the decision likes them a lot, not because the actual work will be done or information to be safe in anyway. The people at the top of the organizations running things for us have no need for ethics!

I just wanted people to see this is the kind of stuff that goes on behind closed doors for issues we aren't aloud to have a voice in.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Somebody's got good lobbyist funneling money under the table for this deal to happen that will only benefit one company.

As usual nothing but crocked, dirty and corrupted business.

This everyday politics in Washington.

If I have one million dollars I would buy me a whore in congress.

top topics

join