It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iphone Users Beware! First Iphone Virus!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Iphone Users Beware! First Iphone Virus!

www.quickpwn.com

Source: www.quickpwn.com...

An iPhone hacker, Charlie Miller will release the world’s first iPhone virus today. He discovered an SMS hack 6 weeks ago and reported it to Apple, but Apple has yet to release a patch. Miller and his fellow cybersecurity researcher Collin Mulliner will both explain and reveal their iPhone SMS exploit some time today at the Blackhat cybersecurity conference in Las Vegas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How does the SMS hack work?

Firstly, this hack does not require the victim to download any file. The attacker only needs to know the victim’s phone number. Miller says the attack is enabled by a serious memory corruption in the way the iPhone handles SMS messages. For the attack to work, an attacker must send hundreds of SMS control messages (different from regular SMS messages) and only the initial SMS will be seen. This attack works on both the iPhone and the Andoid. What does the iPhone SMS hack do? This hack can allow the attacker to make calls from your iPhone, steal your data, send text messages, and also spread the attack to other iPhones in your address book.

How to recognize and avoid the iPhone virus

If you get a strange text message containing any square box, even if it’s from a recognized number you may be the victim of the iPhone virus.

You have two choices:
Put your iPhone in Airplane mode: Go to Settings -> Airplane Mode and slide the button to Off.
Hold down the power button, and slide to turn your iPhone off.

www.quickpwn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'd say 20 years without parole would be appropriate. Nothing else to say.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

I've had an issue with my iphone 3g.

I get a missed call from a number, that says it's from 'BLOCKED'. then my phone is quite literally blocked for outgoing calls.

I have to delete the missed call from my phone, then switch it off and on, and the block goes.

I rang up my phone company (O2 in the UK) and they had no idea what's going on.

AND YES I paid my bill lol!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by xweaponx

I've had an issue with my iphone 3g.

I get a missed call from a number, that says it's from 'BLOCKED'. then my phone is quite literally blocked for outgoing calls.

I have to delete the missed call from my phone, then switch it off and on, and the block goes.

I rang up my phone company (O2 in the UK) and they had no idea what's going on.

AND YES I paid my bill lol!!!!!!!

try restoring your iphone to last backup. It should fix the problem.

top topics

join