It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi cops spin 'wheel of fortune' to decide who to arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Police in Picayune, Miss., have turned to a unique method of determining how to arrest individuals on outstanding warrants: They have created a Wheel of Fortune-type spinning wheel, to which they attach the names of persons wanted on arrest warrants.

Whoever the wheel lands on gets arrested, reports the Biloxi-Gulfport Sun-Herald.

According to the paper, the police force made its first "Wheel of Justice" arrest Tuesday, taking into custody Dewayne Allen Bester, Jr., who was wanted for selling crack coc aine near a schoolyard.

rawstory.com...

Wow justice is being served by the spin of a wheel.

This is wrong on so many levels.

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why aren't they arresting ALL of the people they have warrants for?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

it's more fun for everyone when you spin a wheel?

I'm surprised they haven't hired Vanna White to hand out the names

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Dumbest idea ever. Only cops can stoop to this level of dumb

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lol. They all have outstanding warrants so it's not as wrong as it first sounds.

On the bright side, you can't accuse the wheel of racism.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
From the same article:

Officers plan to spin the wheel once per week at different locations in the city. Next week, they may do it at a local radio station, Ervin said. Narcotics officers will determine which drug suspects to put in the running and they likely won’t feature the same eight offenders from week to week. Ervin said Picayune police’s drug arrests aren’t limited to those Tuesdays when they spin the wheel.

The hope is that the “Wheel of Justice” causes citizens to take note of drug activity so they will call in tips to officers.

So this is only for drug warrants?? What about the rest of the criminals. The one's that do some SERIOUS harm to society. I'm tired of them rounding drug dealers/addicts by the hundreds just to make some money off of them. They just throw them in jail, get even more peeved at the system, throw them back on the streets to do it again. They don't help them to turn their lives around at all. I honestly think they don't give a crap about rehabilitation.

This is a money maker for them. They have to let them back out to deal drugs so they can make money to pay their fines. It's a win-win for them.

I've been hearing more and more discontent about the "war on drugs". It ISN'T WORKING. And then to bring it to this level? They've made a mockery of their warped form of "justice".

Edit to add: I wonder how much state revenue is aquired from drug dealers paying off their fines with money they made from drug dealing?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If they didn't spin the wheel, then they couldn't win fabulous prizes

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Just what I was thinking first prize all their criminals drugs guns and money. Second prize unlimited tazing options and third innocents gunned down in crossfire.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
reply to post by Aggie Man

Just what I was thinking first prize all their criminals drugs guns and money. Second prize unlimited tazing options and third innocents gunned down in crossfire.

Now all they need is a "get out of jail free" space on the wheel....Oh, nevermind...we all know that is a fringe benefit of being in law enforcement.

new topics

top topics

join