It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus tell us who satan was? Name is Baraq O Bam-maw..if wrong prove it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

The verse is "heavens", but they exchange the word to "heights", to match obama.

Different translations translate words different ways and can be right. What matters is what the Hebrew word is, which is the same whether a word is translated "heavens" or "heights".

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Jesus spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew

Aramaic is just a dialect of Hebrew. Just as American English and Australian English are dialects of British English. Many Jews back then probably spoke Hebrew as it was the religious language. This would be especially so in Jerusalem, where Hebrew was spoken by everyone. Aramaic was what was spoken in Samaria.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Well, it would be more like German and Austrian or Norwegian and Danish. Aramaic isn't really a Hebrew dialect, but a language devloped from Hebrew over time like how Latin developed into modern Italian. Though Hebrew and Aramaic is way more similar than Latin and modern Italian, it would be a good comparisment. Or like Konie Greek compared to modern Greek.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Aramaic is not a dialect of Hebrew. During the Hellenistic period, when Aramaic supplanted Hebrew as the common spoken language in Judea, Aramaic split up, if you will. Western Aramaic was a group of related ancient Levantine languages. Eastern Aramaic was a group of related ancient Mesopotamian languages. Within each of these two groups, there were further subgroup dialects. Some of these dialects were so diverse as to have been non-intelligible between each other. Several distinct dialects of Western Aramaic were spoken in Judea at around the time of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Hi Christian Mystic/

Why do you, keep MISPELLING Jesus Christ's name?
His name Jesus Christ NOT as you write it.
Is it done on purpose?
'What you are doing, is writing it as though you want His name to be BLOTTED OUT!

So why do you hide behind a name that is Christian?
ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

"Jesus", which is the Latin MISSPELLED distortion of Aramaic Jesjuah, the native language of Jesjua, or Jesju as I write, both deriving from the Hebrew name Jehoshuah hiding the A-tail. Take the Latin letters and translate it letter by letter into Hebrew or Aramaic, and count the geometry of the Beast of Rome's given name of Jesjuah, Jesus, and what do you get? 616, the original Number of the Beast as it is found in the oldest MSs. Not a single person at the time of our Lord called him Jesus. Jesus is the mocking name created by the Romans in order to bring down early Christianity through it's own wisdom, and I've always recented it.

Yod, Niqqud(vocal), Shin, Waw, Shin=616
Below is a post made by The Riley Family pointing it out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

"Jesus", which is the Latin MISSPELLED distortion of Aramaic Jesjuah, the native language of Jesjua, or Jesju as I write, both deriving from the Hebrew name Jehoshuah hiding the A-tail. Take the Latin letters and translate it letter by letter into Hebrew or Aramaic, and count the geometry of the Beast of Rome's given name of Jesjuah, Jesus, and what do you get? 616, the original Number of the Beast as it is found in the oldest MSs. Not a single person at the time of our Lord called him Jesus. Jesus is the mocking name created by the Romans in order to bring down early Christianity through it's own wisdom, and I've always recented it.

Hi/

Atually the New Testament was written in Greek!
The actual name is Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν Jesus Christ.
In the Hebrew it is Yeshua.
Your version means exactly what I wrote before.
It is not used by any CHRISTIANS!
Unless it is used for purpose to mislead!

''Jehoshuah'' from what I researched has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ.
In fact,it's blaspmemy!

I searched google and the first thing that came up was..

Two thousand years ago the Pharisees demanded that the apostles not “talk about Jesus” ... Not being too happy with the use of the name Jeshua, some Jews have however been ... which is highly regarded by Orthodox/Hasidic Jews, and provides an .... Is it Jesus, Yeshu, Yeschu, Jeshu, Jeshua, Yeshua, Yeshuah, Yehshua
jewsribsinbearjaw.wordpress.com...

And further down with my reaserch,the name you refer to is from the ORAL Law of the Talmud,which is NEVER accepted in Orthodox Christianity!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Hi/

Atually the New Testament was written in Greek!
The actual name is Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν Jesus Christ.
In the Hebrew it is Yeshua.
Your version means exactly what I wrote before.
It is not used by any CHRISTIANS!
Unless it is used for purpose to mislead!

Well, if you had been following the classes, you'd know that originally the Gospel was written in Aramaic, though no MSs have survived, we have some fragments and the predates the earliest Greek translations later held by the Church. The full name and title of Jesju in Aramaic would be "Jesjuah ha Mesjiach", and knowing Jesju was an Aramaic speaking Hebrew, his name wasn't Greek, and certainly not Latin.

''Jehoshuah'' from what I researched has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ.
In fact,it's blaspmemy!

I searched google and the first thing that came up was..

Two thousand years ago the Pharisees demanded that the apostles not “talk about Jesus” ... Not being too happy with the use of the name Jeshua, some Jews have however been ... which is highly regarded by Orthodox/Hasidic Jews, and provides an .... Is it Jesus, Yeshu, Yeschu, Jeshu, Jeshua, Yeshua, Yeshuah, Yehshua
jewsribsinbearjaw.wordpress.com...

And further down with my reaserch,the name you refer to is from the ORAL Law of the Talmud,which is NEVER accepted in Orthodox Christianity!

ICXC NIKA
helen

Well Googlig something can't hardly be called research. Jeshoshuah or Johshuah/Jeshuah means "Jahveh is salvation" according to a bunch of other dictionaries and lexica. Jesus is a Latin way of (mis)spelling this name. It's an ancient Hebrew name and was given to Joshuah, the book just after the Torah in the Tannakh, and Hoseah the prophet and Jeshuah (I say Jesjuah or simply Jesju since I'm Norwegian and use Norwegian translitteration).

Sources:
www.biblestudytools.com...
www.biblestudytools.com...

Like Joan of Arch or Johannah från Orleans is originally Jean d'Ark, Jehoshuah or simplified Jesjuah is the original later corrupted via different languages and traditions into Jesus and Iesous. Jesus is the name of the Roman Christ, not a name I would use....

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hi/
Again you are MISLEADING!
Either INTENTIONALLY or not, you are very WRONG!
Why do I believe this?
From a few of your answers and writings,..references you have made in your posts tell me that you are misleading, and I guess you only know this.
Again, the NEW Testament was written in GREEK, argue all you like, but you cannot change the truth.
The name YOU give for Jesus Christ, is NOT Christian but a misleading one, and I think that you know this!

Maybe YOU should take a look at ~Evidence from History and the Gospels~

The Language of that time was Greek,The Apostles themselves wrote in Greek,therefore it was logical to have the Gospel written in Greek.

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I think he might have meant it was Semitic.

Just a thought, though.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hi/

An interesting SONG by Bob Dylan///

In early 1963, Bob Dylan recorded a song for Broadside titled "Talking'
Devil". He introduced it by saying: "This is all about where the Devil
is. Some people say there is no Devil." Although the song is of questionable
quality and was never performed again, it set forth a conviction about the
crucial importance of the Devil in this world to which Dylan has adhered
all his life.

The song opens by alluding to the demonic nature of the Ku Klux Klan:

Well, sometimes you can't see him so good
When he hides his head 'neath a snow white hood...

The second verse gives fuller dimension to the nature of the Devil:

Well, he wants you to hate and he wants you to fear,
Wants you to fear something that's not even there,
He'll give you your hate and he'll give you his lies,
He'll give you the weapons to run out and die.
And you give him your soul..

~Talking with the Devil~

Deceiving and misleading is what the Devil is about!
This began because of the HATRED towards God in making Man.
Man is seen in Scripture as a little Lower then the Angelic Hosts!

HATRED OF MANKIND~The PhilokaliaTranslates to(Good-friend)
Love is preceded by passionlessness; knowledge is preceded by love. "Instructions to Cenobites and Others", Abba Evagrius, "Early Fathers From the Philokalia," translated from the Russian text, "Dobrotolubiye," by E. Kadloubovsky and G.E.H. Palmer, eighth edition, (London: Faber and Faber, Ltd., 1981), pp. 115 - 116

"A person who through the grace of God partakes of divine blessings is under an obligation to share them ungrudgingly with others.
For scripture says, 'Freely you have received, freely give'." St. Maximos
~SOURCE~

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Jesus said - I saw Satan fall as lightning (Baraq) from the heavens or heights (Bamah).

Those words are attributed to Jesus, but there is no definite record of his historicity, nor that the authors of the gospels were eye-witnesses, so I think this is just part of the whole kneejerk by fundamentalists against having an African-American as President.

Get over it.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Hi/

An interesting SONG by Bob Dylan///

In early 1963, Bob Dylan recorded a song for Broadside titled "Talking'
Devil". He introduced it by saying: "This is all about where the Devil
is. Some people say there is no Devil." Although the song is of questionable
quality and was never performed again, it set forth a conviction about the
crucial importance of the Devil in this world to which Dylan has adhered
all his life.

The song opens by alluding to the demonic nature of the Ku Klux Klan:

Well, sometimes you can't see him so good
When he hides his head 'neath a snow white hood...

The second verse gives fuller dimension to the nature of the Devil:

Well, he wants you to hate and he wants you to fear,
Wants you to fear something that's not even there,
He'll give you your hate and he'll give you his lies,
He'll give you the weapons to run out and die.
And you give him your soul..

~Talking with the Devil~

Deceiving and misleading is what the Devil is about!
This began because of the HATRED towards God in making Man.
Man is seen in Scripture as a little Lower then the Angelic Hosts!

HATRED OF MANKIND~The PhilokaliaTranslates to(Good-friend)
Love is preceded by passionlessness; knowledge is preceded by love. "Instructions to Cenobites and Others", Abba Evagrius, "Early Fathers From the Philokalia," translated from the Russian text, "Dobrotolubiye," by E. Kadloubovsky and G.E.H. Palmer, eighth edition, (London: Faber and Faber, Ltd., 1981), pp. 115 - 116

"A person who through the grace of God partakes of divine blessings is under an obligation to share them ungrudgingly with others.
For scripture says, 'Freely you have received, freely give'." St. Maximos
~SOURCE~

ICXC NIKA
helen

"A little bit lower then the angelic host".

The angelic host, who are neither given in marriage or are taken in marriage, are the same beings that Jesus is saying that they are, more precisely, the ones whom God, (It seeming good in his sight), revealed the secrets of heaven too...that is the babys and the children, whom we are "not to forbid". Since God is true and not false he is not hidden. He is naked and not ashamed. He will always be innocent for he is a spirit and moves through men "covenanting", but always innocent for he is always with the children. He is holy...and this means healthy. This is truth. There is the image which many men are following....to the death of them, that is the soul...the house of them in which children are mansions.

The problem people have with this is that it is true. I have no children, but I see that life is in cycle and to have a "portion"in the world to come or "a little bit higher then the angels", you must be a good steward of life, I know this because I am not. Higher or lower speaks of time. The higher you go, the further into the future you go, the lower you go, the further back in time you go. He can request "12 legions of angels" because he is the one making them, where two become one again....through the son of man.

This is why those following the truth will see it. The ones doing his will will rule over angels, for they are children. Do you not see that that which is has always been?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
well if i go by this type of reasoning that the president is satan who is the messiah jesus ------mj----------michael jackson
i say nomore
gaurdian 2012

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Hi/
Why do I believe this?
From a few of your answers and writings,..references you have made in your posts tell me that you are misleading, and I guess you only know this.
Again, the NEW Testament was written in GREEK, argue all you like, but you cannot change the truth.
The name YOU give for Jesus Christ, is NOT Christian but a misleading one, and I think that you know this!

The Language of that time was Greek,The Apostles themselves wrote in Greek,therefore it was logical to have the Gospel written in Greek.

ICXC NIKA
helen

Thank GOD most CHRISTIANS are NOT as STUBBORN and IGNORANT as YOU!!!!!

Please stop using CAPS like you do. It's even breaking the terms here, and you won't be better heared only seen as someone who needs effects to be heared.

Firstly: Jesju was an Aramaic speaking Jew of Judah tribe. His language was Aramaic and Hebrew. Fact!

Secondly: His name was an Aramaic one, based on an ancient Hebrew name. Not Greek or Latin. Fact!

Thirdly: The Gospel was originally written in Aramaic. Not Greek, Coptic or Latin or any other language. Alot of work has been put in to backwards engeneeering the Gospel. The name of this proto-Gospel is called Gospel Q, from Fr. Quelle -- Source. Fact!

Jesus is the Name of the Beast. Call him Jesus and he won't recognise you. It's not his name. His name is Jesjuah Ha Meschiach or simply Jesjuah bar Joseph. It's as stupid to call the Lord Jesus as it is to call Satan Lucifer. It's plain ignorance....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hi/
Why do I believe this?

ICXC NIKA
helen

Thank GOD most CHRISTIANS are NOT as STUBBORN and IGNORANT as YOU!!!!!

Please stop using CAPS like you do. It's even breaking the terms here, and you won't be better heared only seen as someone who needs effects to be heared.

Firstly: Jesju was an Aramaic speaking Jew of Judah tribe. His language was Aramaic and Hebrew. Fact![/qoute]

Yes, I know this, but this is not The Lord Jesus Christ!
There was no known name by the name of Jesus Christ!
Joshua Yes, but not Jesus!

Secondly: His name was an Aramaic one, based on an ancient Hebrew name. Not Greek or Latin. Fact!

Again there was no known name...Jesus Christ's name was ''Emmanuel''

Thirdly: The Gospel was originally written in Aramaic. Not Greek, Coptic or Latin or any other language. Alot of work has been put in to backwards engeneeering the Gospel. The name of this proto-Gospel is called Gospel Q, from Fr. Quelle -- Source. Fact!

Jesus is the Name of the Beast. Call him Jesus and he won't recognise you. It's not his name. His name is Jesjuah Ha Meschiach or simply Jesjuah bar Joseph. It's as stupid to call the Lord Jesus as it is to call Satan Lucifer. It's plain ignorance....

hi Neo/
Mathew..Chapter 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
In Greek
21 τέξεται δὲ υἱὸν καὶ καλέσεις τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Ἰησοῦν, αὐτὸς γὰρ σώσει τὸν λαὸν αὐτοῦ ἀπὸ τῶν ἁμαρτιῶν αὐτῶν.
22 Τοῦτο δὲ ὅλον γέγονεν ἵνα πληρωθῇ τὸ ῥηθὲν ὑπὸ τοῦ Κυρίου διὰ τοῦ προφήτου λέγοντος·
23 Ἰδοὺ ἡ παρθένος ἐν γαστρὶ ἕξει καὶ τέξεται υἱόν, καὶ καλέσουσι τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Ἐμμανουήλ, ὅ ἐστιν μεθερμηνευόμενον Μεθ' ἡμῶν ὁ Θεός.

Find me that Gospel, with the ''name'' that you say, is the TRUE name?

What is Gods Holy Name?
In the Old Testament God speaks to Moses and tells him to take the Israelites out of Egypt...
Moses,knowing the difficulty of the task says to God....
"Who am I,
who can go and tell the Pharaoh that I am to bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" (Exodus, III:11)

God replied, reassuring Moses that He would be with him (Exodus, III:12). Moses then said....
"When I go to the Israelites to tell them that I was sent by the God of our Fathers,
and they ask me What is His name?';
what should I tell them?" (Exodus, III:13).
In reply to this question,
God firstly said (according to the Hebrew text): ΄΄ ΄΄, which means "I Am He Who Is". *
Then He said....
"Say thus to the sons of Israel: " I Am'; () sent me to you" (Exodus, III:14).
And he finished, by saying the following.....
"Thus say to the sons of Israel: He Who Is'; (written , and correctly pronounced "YAHVE"), the God of our Fathers ...;. sent me to you.
This is my name eternally,
and it is for my remembrance,
for generations after generations." (Exodus, III:15).

Please click on the Link...It gives an exact meaning as to why His name is Jesus, and not Joshua!
The significance of the name "Yahve" In Hebrew~

ICXC NIKA
helen

EDIT...My quotes with 'Neos' quotes were one whole...fixed it.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by TheAmused

Jesus said - I saw Satan fall as lightning (Baraq) from the heavens or heights (Bamah).

Those words are attributed to Jesus, but there is no definite record of his historicity, nor that the authors of the gospels were eye-witnesses, so I think this is just part of the whole kneejerk by fundamentalists against having an African-American as President.

Get over it.

Prove it to me then please.
i showed ink's in old Hebrew showing it say's exactly what it say's it did.
as if they spoke it.
I am not even religious.
But i find it very very odd that Obama does have more google hit's than any PERSON alive or dead..for anti-christ.
Then in old hebrew language they would say that verse.
" I saw Satan fall as Baraq (Bamah)or Bam-maw.
The Odd's would be astronomical to find it or to think it.
Is all im saying.

There is no proof of jesus historically?
Your back tracking yourself here...
It doesn't matter if he is or isn't...It was wrote down 2000 year's ago...
and it happen to say exactly what google hit counter's say is that everyone think's obama is the Antichrist or something.
I saw Satan fall as lightning (Baraq) from the heavens or heights (Bamah).

And your racist talk don't fly here go troll elsewhere with ya dog.

and how does this make me a racist for wanting ats to debunk this matter?
Are you a racist?
You sure passed judgment awfully fast there...hmm make's me wonder about you and your dog some time's.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick :/
My dog is lovely.
I realise how my post could be construed as saying that and I apologise for that as well...

...hopefully I can come back with something a bit more substantial, eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ugh. This is like that "Surah 9:11" crap.

If, for a moment, we pretend it was Hebrew, the phrase would be "Ba'raq VeRa'am" - As others have pointed out it was far more likely to be Aramaic, which would be even MORE unlike "Barack Obama"

And for all the people talking about antichrist... Read your bible. There is no single antichrist. There are lots. "Antchrist" is a term for those who do not accept Jesus as the messiah - that is (at the time it was written) Jews. For some reason, modern-day Christians have elevated the term to be equal with Satan, turned it into a singular figure, and think it's some sort of supernatural evil rather than a pretty matter-of-fact word that means "they don't believe in Jesus."

But then I doubt most Christians these days read their bible much, if at all. Too much liberal garbage from that long-haired socialist hippy dude near the end.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
if it has religous meaning just ignore it.....

The bible and all related texts were just made up as a way to control the population for the future by kings and rulers of the time....

They are all the same story but with different names and symbolism....

You would be better off using your reseach powers and facilities to push Obama into full Disclosure of the alien presence.....

The early religious text were actually written by people who truly believed everything they wrote. Whether they are actually quoting someone (let alone Jesus) is up for debate. It was customary in those days to write your thoughts down, but attribute them to someone else. People in those days realized that it wasn't written BY that person, but did convey the supposed author's message.

Now, the Bible WAS ASSEMBLED in it's current form as a way to control the masses. It was done so by the Council of Nicea, convened by Constantine, King of the Roman Empire around the 300s, CE. They came together to assemble the religious texts that most closely related Constantine's views on his new found Christianity (which he discovered was the best way to establish rule in Gaul, as it had recently taken to Christianity).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join