It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's national ID card unveiled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

No it will notbe pushed out. The tories will carry it over, the tories are no different from the labour party nowadays, If they know this is another source of incom for the Government, they wont scrap it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by alienesque

1 I have never claimed benefits, so It will not affect me.
2 It is no compuslary to buy the ID Card, so again will not affect my work, or travelling around the UK.
3 If the Governement want me to have the ID Card they can pay for it. I can not afford £30.
4 Nor can I afford toreplace the card if anything went wrong with it.

I think you will find a large percentage of the Popultaiton in the UK, will not be able to afford this ID Card either. As other have said, it is a wasteless peice of item. I will not prevent terroism nor willit prevent crime, it will not prevent fraud either.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Laurauk]

1. if you cant get a job because you have no ID card you will need benefits..
2. you will not be able to travel abroad..
3. hard luck...get a loan.
4. ditto

dont get me wrong..im right with you..i hate the idea..but if the government wants to they can make it impossible for anyone who doesnt want to live in a forest and eat wild mushrooms all day to get by without one..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

The problem may be the contracts they've signed. If the UK is commited to this it may be hard to back out. I do get the impression that labour are pushing this through out of pride- I mean to cancel now would be too embarrassing for them.

They're all scum though mate, conservative/labour, take your pick, all just NWO puppets, but I agree, come a General Electon it's BYE BYE LABOUR!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
reply to post by kiwifoot

Its astonishing they're still pushing ahead with this white elephant. At least it'll be ditched when were allowed to vote Labour out.

The only good thing about a tory government IMHO, but what if the tory's decide when in power to go along with it. that would make me worry

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

1 Private pension, once I leave my job, I do notneed no ID for that.
2 Private health care, why would I want public health cre when I have already paid for p.h.c.
3 Get a loan no thanks, look at the interest rates the banks place upon lona borrowers.
4 Right back at you!
5 As for travelling, why would I want to ravl abroad, is qute happy where I am tyvm, as for holidays I can travel up and downthe uk without having an id card.
6 As for purchasing a House. Why would I want to purchase a House when I own the house I currently live in.

Other than that, would you tell all those poor families in the UK to go out and obtaina loan if they cannot afford the card, kinds a ridiculous comment to say the least.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

1 Private pension, once I leave my job, I do notneed no ID for that.
2 Private health care, why would I want public health cre when I have already paid for p.h.c.

3.Other than that, would you tell all those poor families in the UK to go out and obtaina loan if they cannot afford the card, kinds a ridiculous comment to say the least.

1. lucky you..thats not the majority of people however.
2. ditto
3. im not telling them...im against this scheme..im just saying this is what the government will say...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by phoenix103

Its astonishing they're still pushing ahead with this white elephant. At least it'll be ditched when were allowed to vote Labour out.

The only good thing about a tory government IMHO, but what if the tory's decide when in power to go along with it. that would make me worry

they will go along with it...they will make up some excuse and say theres nothing they can do..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And here's me thinking that the papers last month reported that the ID card idea was dead and buried.

They love their little gadgets to keep you in line don't they?

YOU WILL HAVE ONE < or if not you'll end up in Diego Garcia OK?>

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
And here's me thinking that the papers last month reported that the ID card idea was dead and buried.

They love their little gadgets to keep you in line don't they?

YOU WILL HAVE ONE < or if not you'll end up in Diego Garcia OK?>

www.dailymail.co.uk...

not dead..just sounded a bit like it...typical really..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Love it.

Can i get mine before you though, cos i really really need both the pois..vaccine and the spy ca...ID card, ta.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Didn't they scrap the Idea of making it compulsory for British born people, I thought they were only making is compulsory for Foreign nationals "No doubt they will not have to pay for them anyway"

British citizens will never be forced to carry ID cards, the Government announced today. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Love it.

Can i get mine before you though, cos i really really need both the pois..vaccine and the spy ca...ID card, ta.

I thought they all missed that one! Thanks for noticing.

Maybe you'll need the ID card to get the vaccine next year, ah, it all becomes clear now!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think the only way we will see the ID card dropped is if we vote some party like The Green Party in the next General Election. I don't know if they are against ID Cards. Labour, Conservatives or Lib Dems will both introduce this if they stay in power.

I don't like this at all, next they will be putting camera's in our houses. If any of those partys stay in power next year there really is nothing we can do about it!

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why is everyone so paranoid, can you not see ID cards, CCTV, Internet Monitoring or whatever "is a good thing" If you have nothing to hide "You have nothing to worry about" You all act as if the Government is going to come along and throw you into a room with rubber walls, I think they got much bigger fish to catch that a few paranoid conspiracy theorist. Or is it you don't trust them with your personal data, yet you probably all have facebook, myspace & twitter accounts and with a simple username/name search anyone who wishes has all the data they need "even a picture of you" You also probably just throw your junk mail in the bin or even better use WEP encryption on your wireless networks.

I am all up for ID cards, there are too may people in this country who shouldn't be. This is one way of cutting down on the illegal immigrants in the UK, if you have a better Idea I'm sure they will take note. This is just my opinion, and no I don't like Labour or another party going for the General Elections.

So what if an ID card cost me £30, I see it a step closer to protecting my own Identity from Identity Theft. That would cost me a whole lot more.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

There's always something you can do about it mate.

You can do something by doing nothing! Don't accept the card, don't accept the vaccine. What are they going to do to millions of us that tell them where to stick them?

Put us all in the already overcrowded prisons?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Of course it will be compulsory, just as it is compulsory to have some type of ID in the US.

Oh man oh man oh man, it really is coming down.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I love the paranoia!

They can sod off though if they think Im forking out £30 for it.. only got a new passport last year!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

If you really believe what you have written and are not being sarcastic or facetious, you are living in a dream world mate.

I don't know where to begin addressing even the obvious points you have glossed over.

My gast has never been so flabbered...

Suffice to say, you are welcome to both my allotted vaccine and my spy card, since you obviously trust the government with your very being.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
Why is everyone so paranoid, can you not see ID cards, CCTV, Internet Monitoring or whatever "is a good thing" If you have nothing to hide "You have nothing to worry about" You all act as if the Government is going to come along and throw you into a room with rubber walls, I think they got much bigger fish to catch that a few paranoid conspiracy theorist. Or is it you don't trust them with your personal data, yet you probably all have facebook, myspace & twitter accounts and with a simple username/name search anyone who wishes has all the data they need "even a picture of you" You also probably just throw your junk mail in the bin or even better use WEP encryption on your wireless networks.

I am all up for ID cards, there are too may people in this country who shouldn't be. This is one way of cutting down on the illegal immigrants in the UK, if you have a better Idea I'm sure they will take note. This is just my opinion, and no I don't like Labour or another party going for the General Elections.

So what if an ID card cost me £30, I see it a step closer to protecting my own Identity from Identity Theft. That would cost me a whole lot more.

Theres other ways of cutting down Illegal immigrants getting into the UK. Instead of giving people ID cards. But then again, they allready have our details from Passports, National IN, Driving Licence's.

I aint paranoid and i dont act like there are going to throw me into a cell with rubber walls.

This is just the next step towards total control!

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yes I do believe what I wrote or I wouldn't of wrote it, I am what you call a realist. I go by what "I" observe, I don't just read something and jump on the bandwagon. I asses the situation for myself and come to a conclusion "Is this bad for me" or "Is this good for me"

I see so many people read something and automatically punish there self by getting angry, then when they asses what's really happening they think "Oh it's not really that bad, It was all in my mind" people perceive so much negativity before actually observing what's really happening and forever come to the conclusion "This is wrong, How can they do this"

I agree the £30 fee should not apply but hey, Most of the world live on greed so it's nothing new.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by NotAgain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join