It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's national ID card unveiled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

UK's national ID card unveiled

news.bbc.co.uk

Home Secretary Alan Johnson has unveiled the final design of the controversial national identity card.

The card will be offered to members of the public in the Greater Manchester area from the end of this year.

Ministers plan to launch the £30 biometric ID Card nationwide in 2011 or 2012 - but it will not be compulsory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/010fd8231a94.gif[/atsimg]

1. Symbol meaning a chip is embedded in the card
2. National Identity Registration Number
3. Citizenship. Foreign nationals in the UK are being given different cards.
4. Place of birth
5. Signature - digitally embedded in the card
6. Date of card issue and date it becomes invalid
7. Photo taken to biometric standards
8. Biometric chip holds fingerprint record
9. Swipe zone. Information which can be automatically read by computer

Seriously, what do they take us for? Why would they waste hundreds of millions of pounds on a scheme that they don't intend to make compulsary.

If it's not compulsary, it's useless. A waste of money and pointless enterprise. If it is compulsary it's an invasion of privacy, a waste of time, pointle....Oh what's the use anymore!?

Shadow home secretary Chris Grayling said the government had signed contracts worth £1bn before last month's u-turn.

Morons, flipping morons. It's not like they're going to be in power after the next election anyway, so let's just sign a contract that means it will have to go ahead in some guise or another.

I'll get one for sure, just wait until I get out of this queue for the Swine Flu Vaccine then I'm right on it!!!!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They will have to jail me first before I will buy this ID Card, Or they will have to pay for he card for me, hellis so going to freeze over.
I have my own bills to worry about, than spend the money tobuy an id card, which does gurantee the purpose it was suppose tobe for.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You will accept it. You have no choice.

Without it you will not have access to earn a wage, make purchases, or get healthcare.

A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything you have.

Nothing will help you.

The USA is next.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

And who is going to make me?

I would love for someone to come to my house and try and force this uponme. They would be told nicely where to go, even if I was threatened with arrest. I would still refuse to buy it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama
You will accept it. You have no choice.

Without it you will not have access to earn a wage, make purchases, or get healthcare.

A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything you have.

Nothing will help you.

The USA is next.
They will have to force it upon my cold dead body. And that of many others. The goverment will come crashing down under this scheme, as it's one thing that I know many, many people are vehimently opposed to. But saying that, people can be full of hot air when it comes to things like this, and may well roll over and play dead.

I won't. I won't have this ID card and they WILL NOT take my freedom. I'll become a freeman on the land at this rate. I have a lawyer looking int othe legality of it, and so far it's looking plausable.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
I have my own bills to worry about, than spend the money tobuy an id card, which does gurantee the purpose it was suppose tobe for.

Too right!

Also, can you imagine what's going to happen when you need it updated?

Remember the hell we had to suffer when submitting our driver's licenses to the DVLA? You could 'possibly' have all your permitted vehicles removed and the 'tank' classification given to you due to admin error and then it was down to you to prove you had passed the tests, etc.

Imagine what will happen if we have to send these in for renewal. Suddenly your citizenship is 'removed' by accident. And then it's down to you to sort it out and prove who you are.

Nope. This scheme stinks.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by DohBama

I would love for someone to come to my house and try and force this uponme. They would be told nicely where to go, even if I was threatened with arrest. I would still refuse to buy it.

ok..you can probably refuse to take one...but that may mean you cant work..travel...claim benefits...and eventually maybe even shop..

as i said...they cant force you to get one...but they can make it impossible to live a normal life without one..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I thought they decided to cancel this about a month or so ago.
Now it's back?

hmm

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
what does:

'Other biometric information' mean?

in the section about what information the card can hold...

we need to know what this 'other information' is..surely..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No way Im getting one, it's just another spanner for the Government to hit you on the head with. I doubt their gonna start locking people up for not carrying one, the prisons are full enough.

link   
You cant be threatened with arrest because you already have valid proof of ID through your passport, NI number, Birth certificate and Driving Liscence. The only reason this card is coming into use is because of this "terrorism" fears, and if they have no proof that your a terrorist then they have nothing to arrest you for. Not having a ID Card is not a valid reason of arrest because you already have proof of citizenship.

link   

Originally posted by warrenb

I thought they decided to cancel this about a month or so ago.
Now it's back?

hmm

they just SAY they are cancelling..stopping..changing..things..they dont actually do it.

politicians lie...thats what they do...what the dont do is listen to the public..they dont care about what we think..and frankly..why should they...people get lied to and then forget theyve been lied too...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
what does:

'Other biometric information' mean?

Fingerprints, footprints, blood type, retinal scans, rectal scans...

The usual

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hey mate, I think they cancelled the compulsary introduction in Manchester Airport (for the workers), but the general release is still going ahead. It's not 'compulsary' as yet. But why would they even bother if it's not going to be one day?

May as well use 'Blockbuster Video' cards as ID if you don't intend to force its implimentation through.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

so what are the citizens in the UK going to do?
How are they going to stop the insane big brother society they've allowed to happen? Or do they not want to stop it?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by warrenb]

link   

reply to post by DohBama

Without it, you will not be recognised by society.

You will not be able to purchase or own property.

Not be able to travel, and will be un-hire-able.

Public healthcare?

No card, no service.

The goal is complete and total control of every citizen.

It is also happening in the States, and as we all more towards a one world gub'ment, more countries will fall in line.

link   
reply to post by alienesque

1 I have never claimed benefits, so It will not affect me.
2 It is no compuslary to buy the ID Card, so again will not affect my work, or travelling around the UK.
3 If the Governement want me to have the ID Card they can pay for it. I can not afford £30.
4 Nor can I afford toreplace the card if anything went wrong with it.

I think you will find a large percentage of the Popultaiton in the UK, will not be able to afford this ID Card either. As other have said, it is a wasteless peice of item. I will not prevent terroism nor willit prevent crime, it will not prevent fraud either.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Its astonishing they're still pushing ahead with this white elephant. At least it'll be ditched when were allowed to vote Labour out.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not forgetting Passports in the UK (which already have data stored in microchips) cost well over 80 pounds and are going up (again) next year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join