It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dolan's new book published ... finally!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't generally like to post links to puff pieces announcing new books, but given that there have been several threads on ATS discussing when Richard Dolan's new book will be coming out (since it has been rather delayed...), I hope no-one minds my making an exception from that general rule to give the link below.

A slightly immodest press release has been published at this link, presumably written by (or on behalf) of Richard Dolan, which refers to Volume 2 of his "UFOs and the National Security State" history of the UFO phenomenon as having "just been published" - although it seems that it will not actually be shipped until the second week of August.

A comprehensive, illustrated, 638-page history of the UFO phenomenon and cover-up has just been published by historian Richard M. Dolan.

The study is the second volume in a projected trilogy, covering all facets of the phenomenon from the 1940s to the present day. Entitled UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991, the new volume analyzes a decisive turning point in the phenomenon during the last decades of the cold war.

(snip)

This is a thorough and complete history of the phenomenon, the secrecy, and the response by researchers who sought to understand the mystery. Behind it all is the backdrop of a world in technological, economic, and political transformation. UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed, takes the reader through a fascinating turning point in the history of the UFO phenomenon, as well as the history of the modern world.

More details, and quite a few brief reviews, are on Richard Dolan's own website.

I hope the second volume lives up to the hype!

By the way, an ATS Mix podcast of an interview of Richard Dolan can be found on ATS at this link.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 30-7-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the 411 Isaac...UFOs & The National Security State was my all time favorite ufology read, so this should be a good one. Dolan really knows his stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ok w/me, but any guesses as to why it is apparently self-published?

new topics

join