It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British probe into Iraq war to open

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

British probe into Iraq war to open

www.news.com.au

A LONG-AWAITED inquiry into Britain's involvement in the Iraq war is due to open overnight, six years after Tony Blair's controversial decision to back the US-led invasion.

Mr Blair has vowed to co-operate "fully" with the probe, announced by Prime Minister Gordon Brown last month to honour a pledge to hold an inquiry once Britain's soldiers have pulled out of Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Alright, will this be another white-wash or not?

You local Brits, how much do you trust these people running the probe?

Sure, Mr Blair, we *believe* you when you state that you will "fully" cooperate with the probe. I bet the only probe that you cooperate with fully, is the one that's being held near your butt, by your masters. Step out of line and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Can the results of the probe lay charges against decisions made by corrupt, criminal politicians? Yeah, I know... it's wishful thinking.

There's never much talk of a similar probe in Australia. It looks like John Howard will get away free with the blood on his hands.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I can't see it going far, after all we cannot 'probe' into the United States where the war was planned. The only conclusion can surely only be, we have to at times put our loyalty or self preservation (with regards to sticking by our big strong buddy) to one side for the better of our future.

[edit on 30/7/09 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I'll believe it when Tony Blair and Lord Goldsmith are sent to jail.

They are both considered war criminals by many people in this country. Blair for his bloodlust, Goldsmith for apparently stating the war was illegal but changing his advice later.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Gonna be a total cover-up just like the David Kelly inquiry, in fact the bloke leading this inquiry stated earlier on SKY news that he was involved in the David Kelly one.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Oh he was?

Well that is it over and done with before the inqury has started.

I do nothave any trust or hope into who is running the inquiry.

Agrees though, only good thing to come outof this Inquiry, All those invovled with the planning, false dossier of the wmd's ae found guilty and sent to jail.

Will this occur, of course not.

Oh they said it might be televised,
, yeah okay I will believe it hen I see it on the TV, most of which will be cut out anyways to rotect Blair & co.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
British probe into Iraq war to open..

And soon to be hushed up and covered over with the rug of whitewash and spin, Blair and cronies can breath a sigh of relief that they will not be jailed.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I expect this has been set up along the lines of the US 9/11 investigation, where the outcome is already decided and only a narrow line of inquiry will be allowed / followed, thus inevitably arriving at the predetermined conclusion.

We'll have the usual "lessons have been learned" excuses and promises to look at how intelligence is handled and verified but, ultimately, nobody will be held accountable.

The evidence is already out there that the "intelligence" was formed to fit the policy and take us to war, but will again be ignored I suspect as it'll be outside the remit of the inquiry team. I expect too that it'll be another "jobs for the boys team" chairing the whole thing and earning a nice little packet into the bargain.

The elite will never allow a full and open investigation into this issue as it'll doubtless be very damaging..... and us peasants can't be allowed to win, ever!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
kind of pointless and a little late in the game don't you think?
By the time this gets rolling BLAIR will be president of the EU and this thing will evaporate. At least they are trying though but I believe it's a little late in the game.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

I believe Lord Hutton said that as a civil servant he had to respect certain conventions but that he would be honest if asked question by the press. He said he was incredibly disappointed that he was never asked the "killer" question which would have brought the government down immediately.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I suspect that they will try to make it seem like an open and transparent enquiry, however, we all know that the truth will not out.
If it does then so many people will be proven to have either directly committed or conspired to committ numerous crimes.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It just isn't British to have the next President of Europe up in the Hague on charges of war crimes.

Clearly that is only something reserved for the leaders of the more "backwards" nations, not us old boy!

Obviously. I'm jesting but this seems to be the point of view of these people!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Exactly, wouldn't be right if President For Life Bliar was found guilty of blatantly mis-leading Parliament on numerous occassions and of being complicit in murder!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Exactly, wouldn't be right if President For Life Bliar was found guilty of blatantly mis-leading Parliament on numerous occassions and of being complicit in murder!

But didn't God give Blair and Bush the all clear on the Iraq war, I'm sure they both gave this as some sort of reasoning for their actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I don't think he had to do too much "misleading". Anyone not backing the action would be dealt with, and they knew it. So, many went along with it simply on the grounds of party loyalty and sucking up to the boss. That makes them every bit as guilty IMHO.

Besides, the claims were so bloody ridiculous and transparent that I think most people were able to see that it was blatant BS anyway. Of course, what the people say or think is not worth consideration by these power-mad and corrupt individuals.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
But didn't God give Blair and Bush the all clear on the Iraq war, I'm sure they both gave this as some sort of reasoning for their actions.

I think he only gave Bush the all clear, but Bush in turn convinced Tony with some chocolate biccies and tummy scratches.... Not too hard to win that poodle's loyalty.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The very thought that someone in this day and age could give divine inspiration and acquiesensce as some sort of justification for any decision let alone war scares the living daylights out of me.
It's just that mumbo jumbo fundamentalist nonsense that we are trying to oppose elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Think woodward is right, Tony became a Catholic after he left office and said he "had faith" before that. Of course, the UK wouldn't particularly a religious political leader so he largely kept it quiet during his time.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
reply to post by noonebutme

Think woodward is right, Tony became a Catholic after he left office and said he "had faith" before that. Of course, the UK wouldn't particularly a religious political leader so he largely kept it quiet during his time.

Oh yes, forgot about that. Hmm, now I do remember him saying something about faith or his decision on the war on Parky once and how it sort of affected it.

Can't recall what it was he said exactly, but I think at the time I kind of cringed. Not *because* he has faith but because he used it or implied it was a qualifier to the decision on going to war in Iraq.

It was likened to Bush and how much of the US politics uses "God" in it's policy/decision making process.

I have no issue with what people want to believe. It's only when someone in a position of political power makes a decision, based on (wholly or partly) their faith. Because that isn't representative of the entire nation, it's too much a subjective and personal apsect to use for such an important decision.

I know it's not practical, but a nationwide vote might have been better.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Tony Blair decided to turn to Catholicism long before, he stepped down as Dog Poodle to Bush. The only reason why he could not convert. A Catholic primeminister would have not went down well with the Church of England or the Prodestant faith.

He had to trie someway to repent for the lies he spouted out, when he told the Whole UK there was Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. And also for the lies over the death of D r Kelly.

Look at how many MP's, Ordinary Public did not support of believe him befoe the Iraq war.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Laurauk]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join